Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COMPETITIVE Heroes Charge? (Video)

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

COMPETITIVE Heroes Charge? (Video)

Can Heroes Charge be a competitive game with bans and picks?

I tried it out with one of my guild mates. Check it out and let me know what you guys think

Competitive Heroes Charge!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLb1zCdEMOM

I think it definitely can be, and we could have our own tournaments if we were able to post replays of duels. Maybe uCool can bring us this feature? Maybe even bring a PvP game mode where we ban and pick heroes.

Cheers,
    TKG

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    seems like the fresh air this game need, I would so much like to see a variant of such game mode implanted within the game! would things so interesting!

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 kingedward's Avatar
    can you write down please the rules and explain in order? Seems fun, so we can do this kind of fights via facebook (the planning) and the the match in game

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Awesome idea mate. Just orgasmic to say the least

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    A tournament mode would be pretty cool, but any type of mode requiring picking on the fly/banning would require both players to be playing the game at the same time, so for that reason this would not work in the normal pvp aspects of the game.

Would be cool to see some kind of tournament/ccompetitve element to be used in this game forsure though. This mode would require both players to have access to all heroes maxed, if it were to be utilized. Otherwise the skill and therefore competitive element of this mode would be destroyed, as obviously players who spend/have all heroes maxed would be automatically favored in all tournament settings.

A shoot-out style format would be best for this. Each player has a chance to build teams 1 hero at a time, with opponent responding to each hero until both players have teams formed. Each round where a player is the attacker (1st pick) and defense (2nd pick.)

You get a point if you attack successfully. Opponent does not get a loint for defending successfully.

Most points after 3 rounds wins. If tied, rounds continue until one player successfully wins their attack.

Terms of the entire match can be setup prior to the match, which is the part where players can each choose to ban one hero from the opponent to use during the match or whatever else. Could be very intuitive and flexible in that regard. Would require a better communication system also.

Cool concept, but i doubt anything of this kind would ever be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman17 View Post
    A tournament mode would be pretty cool, but any type of mode requiring picking on the fly/banning would require both players to be playing the game at the same time, so for that reason this would not work in the normal pvp aspects of the game.

Would be cool to see some kind of tournament/ccompetitve element to be used in this game forsure though. This mode would require both players to have access to all heroes maxed, if it were to be utilized. Otherwise the skill and therefore competitive element of this mode would be destroyed, as obviously players who spend/have all heroes maxed would be automatically favored in all tournament settings.

A shoot-out style format would be best for this. Each player has a chance to build teams 1 hero at a time, with opponent responding to each hero until both players have teams formed. Each round where a player is the attacker (1st pick) and defense (2nd pick.)

You get a point if you attack successfully. Opponent does not get a loint for defending successfully.

Most points after 3 rounds wins. If tied, rounds continue until one player successfully wins their attack.

Terms of the entire match can be setup prior to the match, which is the part where players can each choose to ban one hero from the opponent to use during the match or whatever else. Could be very intuitive and flexible in that regard. Would require a better communication system also.

Cool concept, but i doubt anything of this kind would ever be implemented.
    Yeah I definitely get what you're saying. uCool could fix this by simply allowing us to post Duel replays. We could host our own tournaments and post it. Only other way would be having it so all players involved had a way of recording it.

Think of it like private/custom lobbies in call of duty (and them having broadcaster mode). I like the fact they allow us to duel each other for fun but if we were able to post these replays in chat it would solve the problem and we could make our own rules (much like your attack and defend rule set, which I happen to like very much), or the one I did in my video.

I do agree, I doubt HC would have a game mode like this in their game. But posting duels could open up a lot of new opportunities for competitive for us. And considering it's something so simple to add to the game, I can see that being a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
    seems like the fresh air this game need, I would so much like to see a variant of such game mode implanted within the game! would things so interesting!
    I'm actually trying to think of a way they could add this for us and I'll post a video and a post on the forums once I've hashed out some more details

Quote Originally Posted by kingedward View Post
    can you write down please the rules and explain in order? Seems fun, so we can do this kind of fights via facebook (the planning) and the the match in game
    of course! Here you go:

Round 1
    Team 1 Bans
    Team 2 Bans
    Team 2 Picks
    Team 1 Picks
    Team 1 Picks
    Team 2 Picks

Round 2
    Team 2 Bans
    Team 1 Bans
    Team 1 Picks
    Team 2 Picks
    Team 2 Picks
    Team 1 Picks

Round 3 (Final Round)
    Team 1 Bans
    Team 2 Bans
    Team 2 Picks
    Team 1 Picks

Come back and share your experience. I just love the strategy it adds to the game. Makes it a lot of fun!

Ya if you can put it together, id be interested.

Finding players who have all the heroes maxed will be the biggest challenge (esp. With o4 on the horizon) without ucool onboard to create a tournament mode with all heroes accessible I cant see this working at the ideal conditions where all heroes are game minus the one (s) banned by ur opponent. All players will have a "gimped" collection, making it impossible to become competitive. But can make gimped tournaments for fun regardless.

Just need 2 hosts in same guild doing a VOD on twitch, and then skype in competitors on voice chat to play out the match. Commentator would need to be seperated from that chat so as to not influence player decisions, and hosts also would need to cold about giving feedback as the match rolls out. Doable, but complicated and a ton of work.

Without ucool ssponsoring prizes and an adequete mediun ti make it happen, then itll be very tedious.

Glad you liked my idea. It seems choosing heroes 1 at a time would make the matches more chess-like, thus a higher skill cap and strategy. As the order you choose the team can throw off your opponent to build in the wrong direction, rather then having perfect information on the team. (Which honestly in most cases is fairly basic and simple to devise a counter esp. with all heroes available to choose from.)

Anyway, send me a PM if this ever takes off the ground. Id be interested in getting involved with some of the planning and such.

Ya if you can put it together, id be interested.

Finding players who have all the heroes maxed will be the biggest challenge (esp. With o4 on the horizon) without ucool onboard to create a tournament mode with all heroes accessible I cant see this working at the ideal conditions where all heroes are game minus the one (s) banned by ur opponent. All players will have a "gimped" collection, making it impossible to become competitive. But can make gimped tournaments for fun regardless.

Just need 2 hosts in same guild doing a VOD on twitch, and then skype in competitors on voice chat to play out the match. Commentator would need to be seperated from that chat so as to not influence player decisions, and hosts also would need to cold about giving feedback as the match rolls out. Doable, but complicated and a ton of work.

Without ucool ssponsoring prizes and an adequete mediun ti make it happen, then itll be very tedious.

Glad you liked my idea. It seems choosing heroes 1 at a time would make the matches more chess-like, thus a higher skill cap and strategy. As the order you choose the team can throw off your opponent to build in the wrong direction, rather then having perfect information on the team. (Which honestly in most cases is fairly basic and simple to devise a counter esp. with all heroes available to choose from.)

Anyway, send me a PM if this ever takes off the ground. Id be interested in getting involved with some of the planning and such.
    Honestly, all we would need is the ability to post replays of duels. If we had that we could arrange our own tournaments. I started a thread:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...-Posting-Duels

If we can get people talking about that we could maybe get it implemented and I'd be willing to arrange a tournament. Especially with the ability to migrate servers, players from all servers could join.

And of course it'll have to be a "gimped" tournament

Ya theres no way around that sadly. Makes choices more limited, and gives players an advantage if they have more heroes available which sadly does give them an edge over players with a narrower range. But might aswell give it a go, tweak and change it as you learn what works and what doesnt.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I really like your idea

Ya theres no way around that sadly. Makes choices more limited, and gives players an advantage if they have more heroes available which sadly does give them an edge over players with a narrower range. But might aswell give it a go, tweak and change it as you learn what works and what doesnt.
    yup, I'm actually in the works of trying to get together top players in my server for an 8 man tournament. Have a handful committed. Trying to find a few more

Quote Originally Posted by Bulubulu View Post
    I really like your idea
    Thanks bud! I hope more people can share this idea and maybe if uCool sees enough players playing it they will simply give us the ability to post replays for duels!

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    The chinese version of the game actually have something like that. You can choose to either do 1 math only or Best of 3 series.
    For the Best of 3 series, heroes can only be used for 1 battle.

There's no banning, but the pick phase is basically:

Team 1: pick 1 hero
    Team 2: pick 2 heroes
    Team 1: pick 2 heroes
    Team 2: pick 2 heroes
    Team 1: pick 2 heroes
    Team 2: pick 1 hero

Also for the 1 match only mode and the last match of the best of 3 series, there is not turn in picking heroes, you just have a time limit to pick 5 heroes and you can't see what your opponent choose until the match is started.

The battle are actually live and you can manually cast your ultimate.

Every week, i think you get 6 free heroes that are fully geared and starred, the rest of the heroes are based on your own star rating but are all fully geared.
    So for example, if you have a DV that's 3 star but it is a free hero for the week, when you use her, she would be 5 star instead. However, if she was not a free hero, then she would be 3 star when you use her.