Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoenix portal

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Panda sitting at 3* and SW is like P3. I hate phoenix portal sigh.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by waingarth View Post
    I still think it's dumb that it seems that the only way to kill the boss that's "Immune to Magic Damage" is to make it NOT immune to magic damage. They need to nerf the boss and make it so that this trick doesn't work, just my 2 coppers.
    I agree, but it's also dumb to create a hero that makes those immune to magic damage not immune to magic damage too....
    But they did, and it worked, and it still does. Just have to adjust the tactic a little.
    The youtube link Johnie put up works, but his DM is O2. Mine is O1, other than that our teams are a mirror. Because of that, the team does still work, but it takes A LOT of resets. DM usually dies before the bird goes into the egg. At Pho. L6, I wound up finding LPhyco (O) - DM (O+1) - Mach(O+2) - Chap (O) - WD (P+4) works with only a couple resets. I'm guessing any tank in front that can absorb the bulk of the large magic incoming damage and cause enough to shorten the time of the ult. where the WD effect can happen will work. Just going to take a little experimenting.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by swansong View Post
    I agree, but it's also dumb to create a hero that makes those immune to magic damage not immune to magic damage too....
    But they did, and it worked, and it still does. Just have to adjust the tactic a little.
    The youtube link Johnie put up works, but his DM is O2. Mine is O1, other than that our teams are a mirror. Because of that, the team does still work, but it takes A LOT of resets. DM usually dies before the bird goes into the egg. At Pho. L6, I wound up finding LPhyco (O) - DM (O+1+) - Mach(O+2) - Chap (O) - WD (P+4) works with only a couple resets. I'm guessing any tank in front that can absorb the bulk of the large magic incoming damage and cause enough to shorten the time of the ult. where the WD effect can happen will work. Just going to take a little experimenting.
    I have DM machinist all at O2. Ever since 2.0 WD's curse timing is hugely off and it stopped working. Back in 1.9, I can swap many tanks, from adimral to Sk to CK to soul hunter and they all work. The only one that doesn't work well is hellboy because he stays too close to DM so DM gets splashed dmg and dies even at O2. After 2.0, at least for me WD's cursing time is so off so that half of the "egg" time is now magic immune. i trie different tanks and none worked.

i am not sure it is an IOS client specifi issue but all my IOS friends are having the same issue while some android friends have no trouble.

With that said, physical team still works. CW leaf panda commander and BW or VW can kill the egg in time but sometimes need reset.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Sorry to hear that. I am also on iOS, and pretty much gave up on the WD method on the first Pho portal after the update. Was too frustrating to watch it work for some and not others, particularly me )
    Gave it another shot, and last week, as well as this morning, was able to clear L6 by the method described. It did take two or three resets each time. I really didn't want to invest in more "portal only" guys.
    I should mention all heroes were L93, geared as stated, (full equip and enchant). If that same set up was 90 or 91, dunno if they'd make it through.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    I am at lv97 and maxed. But I didn't have enough patience to try more than 3 times, especially when physical team still works (less brainless though).

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 kingedward's Avatar
    I just did

WD, MAC, CH, CW, CMR

I just waited for the purple thingy over PH to cast UL

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    I feel like this got even more random for WD teams after the latest patch. The first attack tonight, I could do with the old WD WC Mac Chap Dm team. Then, the second time, DM gets critted when WC goes down the first time, and everyone dies. Swapped to Admiral as the tank, and the WD timing is totally off. I tried the CW DK DM Mac WD team that was working, and now WD is dying before the egg comes out every time. Very irritating.