Thread: THUMBS DOWN on Version 2.0 UCOOL

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Thumbs up THUMBS DOWN on Version 2.0 UCOOL

VIP 7 user on iphone 6 here. I've been trying to stay positive and do my best to ignore the many issues that have come with version 2.0 but i'm really struggling here.

The interface is small and clunky and the response time is extremely slow. Nothing has really been improved w/ this update; you've just made the game slower and harder to navigate.

I'm not sure why you couldn't have just added the new "grand challenge" and Legendary Quests to the pre-existing interface. And speaking of "grand challenge"; it's pretty much the same thing as "crusade" w/ worse loot. I'm lvl 93 and being matched up against lvl 60 players. The only difficulty option available to me is "Difficulty 1". I'm not sure I really grasp what the point of it is...

I, like the majority of other players, found the artistic choices extremely questionable but I was willing to ignore them because the game, at its core, WAS pretty great. Now I don't really even want to play it. In fact I didn't touch it once this weekend (I usually play every day).

So that's my two cents. I really REALLY REALLY hope you guys will take all of the overwhelmingly negative fan response to heart and make some serious changes. If not you'll definitely be losing me.

All the best.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Geej's Avatar
    I'm Lvl 92 on android Samsung S5. Version 2 works okay for me w/o much glitches. Loading was okay. Most of the problems i read in this forum seems to come from ios users.

Perhaps ucool programmers are better with android codes rather than ios codes. Lol.

For Grand Challenge, ucool will add per difficulty stage every week until difficulty 5 stage. Just be patient for them to roll out this new thing. I must said that at least we don't have to spend stamina to play grand challenge and get some free loots.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    You need to master all 35 stages in a Grand challenge to unlock the next difficult. Since you did not play the weekend you are most likely stuck at difficult 1.

The higher the difficult you play the better rewards u get. The last stage on difficult 1 gave u 4 purple items and u got one free. That is pretty good.

I have tryed my coworkers iphone 6 and besides the 2-3 seconds of loading when starting a fight, we did not experience any lag or slow gameplay. I myself play on samsung s4 and have no problems either. But i agree with Geej that it seems it is most IOS user that have the worst problems. Hopefully it shall be fixed in a very near future.

Navigating in the game comes to you after a few days. You been used to 1.9 layout for most likely a long time and now they changed it so it will feel a bit strange.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Don't have lags or glitches, don't have problems with exp or Legendary Quests (at least on this moment). Loading bar takes 2-3 seconds, it's pretty acceptable.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I really haven't experienced any major problems with this version (since I installed it after most of problems are already fixed) but it still needs more fluidity in a battles, more improvement in resolution, also portals keep showing wrong time when less than 10h left, Pilot's position in Northern dragon makes a big issue for his survival although flying Commando makes diff 6 a lot easier now. But a red dot on arena not disappearing is sooooo annoying, same as constant light on for back and home button...

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    1. Why does Crusade store the last line up from last you played? It is not an improvement! The opening stages are where we store up energy on weaker heroes, not line up our best from the end game.

2. Phoenix in Outland Portal level 4 was the best which I could win. The game did not store my team but since I knew who to use and how to do it, not a biggie I thought. WRONG. The Phoenix seems to have a shorter egg stage or my heroes just lag too much.

3. While I appreciate your removing the gigant Death Mage at the end of Valkyrie trial 6, why did you make the other trials so much harder? I have for months done level 6 physical and magic trials without losing any member of my teams. Not only did I have to change the team for today's physical trial, I did not pass a single trial without losing one member of the team. I passed once with only Emberblade who had just a sliver of health left. I wouldn't mind if it were stage 7 or with better rewards.

4. I hate the changes to the Crusade and Campaign maps. I do not even like that you changed some missions to have different heroes and rewards than before, but at least before I knew where to farm for drops without having to open the heroes tab and find which chapter that drops hats now. Even episodes that were not changed are lost in the new map.

5. I have trouble navigating because the town now has so much lag and such large buildings that my stroke to go toward Outland instead opens one of the buildings like the guild hall or the Campaign.

6. The numbers for messages are so small I think my guildmates are missing my requests for Temple help. I have helped people whom I had already invited to help with mine. My Temple did not get finished the other day. Today, I have done Temples and not received guild coin and I did not get a notice that I had already helped 5 times.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    That,s true ember come back in you senses if you are thinking that 2.0 is a big success please.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Unwilloe View Post
    1. Why does Crusade store the last line up from last you played? It is not an improvement! The opening stages are where we store up energy on weaker heroes, not line up our best from the end game.

2. Phoenix in Outland Portal level 4 was the best which I could win. The game did not store my team but since I knew who to use and how to do it, not a biggie I thought. WRONG. The Phoenix seems to have a shorter egg stage or my heroes just lag too much.

3. While I appreciate your removing the gigant Death Mage at the end of Valkyrie trial 6, why did you make the other trials so much harder? I have for months done level 6 physical and magic trials without losing any member of my teams. Not only did I have to change the team for today's physical trial, I did not pass a single trial without losing one member of the team. I passed once with only Emberblade who had just a sliver of health left. I wouldn't mind if it were stage 7 or with better rewards.

4. I hate the changes to the Crusade and Campaign maps. I do not even like that you changed some missions to have different heroes and rewards than before, but at least before I knew where to farm for drops without having to open the heroes tab and find which chapter that drops hats now. Even episodes that were not changed are lost in the new map.

5. I have trouble navigating because the town now has so much lag and such large buildings that my stroke to go toward Outland instead opens one of the buildings like the guild hall or the Campaign.

6. The numbers for messages are so small I think my guildmates are missing my requests for Temple help. I have helped people whom I had already invited to help with mine. My Temple did not get finished the other day. Today, I have done Temples and not received guild coin and I did not get a notice that I had already helped 5 times.

#1 Sounds like whining.. Just remove heroes..

#2 I must agree with. Burning Phoenix is harder now

#3 if your heroes die along the way it doesnt effect the loot you recive therefore i consider this as whining. About female trails try using Admiral depth voice commando frost mage death mage. 100% win

#4 You can search the farming loaction inside the hero gear mamue.... Like always it used to be...

#5 I dont see any lagg what so ever. Perhaps your phone outdated?

#6 Agree with that.

Sorry if it sounds like whining.

Quote Originally Posted by eRazor View Post
    #1 Sounds like whining.. Just remove heroes..

#2 I must agree with. Burning Phoenix is harder now

#3 if your heroes die along the way it doesnt effect the loot you recive therefore i consider this as whining. About female trails try using Admiral depth voice commando frost mage death mage. 100% win

#4 You can search the farming loaction inside the hero gear mamue.... Like always it used to be...

#5 I dont see any lagg what so ever. Perhaps your phone outdated?

#6 Agree with that.
    1. I was pointing out a change that did not need to be made. I do not know if this change has anything to do with the fact that the Crusade crashes when I try to do it, but it was not an improvement to store the team when the previous version, which did not crash, did not do it. It has been a month now that I cannot do Crusade because of crashes.

2. I play on the iPad I have used since Christmas 2014. I understand many people using Android devices do not have the problems I am having. The Valkyrie trial crashes when I use more than one hero now. Literally, I try to do level 4 with DM and VS and the game crashes. I was doing level 6 Valkyrie trial with a full team and winning even when the last stage had the DM on steroids. I was glad that that difficulty was lowered back to the older opposition. Right now, if I power up the iPad, go straight to HC, go straight to advanced instances, I can sometimes finish Valkyrie trial at level 3 with only my level 92 DM without a crash. I also now have to do lower level Outland Portals than I had been doing because the game crashes when I use a full team.

I have tried removing the game and downloaded HC again from the App Store but I get the same lag and crashes. I have tons of stamina since I only do 3 elite Campaign missions for the Admiral's cloak quest by using raid tickets; using raid tickets to avoid the combat displays prevents crashes but I do not have unlimited raid tickets. [I did try to do really low level mission using one character to earn raid tickets, but I crashed on the 3rd repetition of the mission; it was not even enough missions the complete the daily.]

I still log in and work on the Admiral cloak quest using raid tickets. My main complaint is that although I have posted about crashes since they started in November there seems to be nothing being done for iPad users to fix their issues. I do not understand why the rewards being changed for missions is an improvement to the game. It is a change yes, an improvement no.

I tried to check the Booty Cave to see my mining. I was crashing sometimes as I claimed the lanterns from attacks on my mines. The game now crashes when I open the Booty Cave.