Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about SQ (2nd thread because the other wasn't constructive)

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

Let's talk about SQ (2nd thread because the other wasn't constructive)

Betty,

I want to add my thoughts on the SQ situation and how (I believe) it was mishandled.

• SQ added to Magic Stone - Wonderful, it was an interesting hero that showed great potential to be meta-changing and so people started making the several thousand gem investment. As the community levels and gears SQ it becomes apparent that she has some mechanics issues that are allowing her to do a significantly amount of damage than likely was envisioned. Again, that's totally fine, the magic stone period is a good way for uCool and the community to fully evaluate the character. But here's the problem. No changes were made during the magic stone period. I guarantee if measured documented readjustments had taken place the people who had spent the gems would have been way more understanding.

• SQ released to GA - Well not entirely, there first was that little snafu where she ended up in arena and allowed a few observant players to buy a fair amount of stones before the error was corrected. But more importantly, as she is simultaneously her mechanics are drastically changed in a way that very substantively changes her dps and value to owners. Don't misunderstand, I am not complaining about the nerf (adjustment was needed) I am just showing why owners might have felt blindsided. SQ owners had already invested a significant amount and now they were faced with the decision to spend 25,000+ GA points to get or level a character than was unexpectedly changed at the last moment. 25,000 GA points equates to ~20ish days if you are in FIRST place all day every day. That's 20 days of points that you are sacrificing in the hopes that a 5* SQ isn't nerfed to the point of ineffectiveness.

- So some (like myself) made the sacrifice of resources to fully level and star her up. It's my choice and I stand by it. But here lies the problem.

• SQ added as a ~2 week login event - In two weeks the entire community will receive 198 SQ stones. That's a 4* hero for literally signing in. That equates to more than 19,500 GA points during 14 days OR 58 GA points PER HOUR. Now we start to understand why original adopters of SQ and perhaps even more so the people who didn't buy her in Hero stone but instead spent probably most of their GA points from her release to now just to acquire and level her might be so frustrated. Here is the other point of differentiation. Both of the other two login events involve heroes that were login rewards (read: free) before and they were point in places that were much much more accessible, Crusade Supply Depot / bronze chests. You cannot, with a straight-face, tell me that they were on the same level with regards to their cost before the new events.

Look, I get that it is a tough decision and you can't please the entire community but guys, there needs to be a little more consideration here. The entire SQ product lifecycle reads like a giant FU to both 1) you're valued high-gem spending community and 2) Other's who wanted to experience all the game content and obviously couldn't predict this newjack style of events. In the future this will likely change how people anticipate and spend their resources but as SQ is the first of the newgen events, it's a tough pill to swallow.

I'm not saying you need to refund every single person in the future that has buyers remorse when an event undercuts the value of a resource decision they made but this unique (first run) situation needs to be considered. Constructively, I would suggest perhaps that you offer a refund in GA points for players who are 5* as the event progresses. Perhaps capped at the equivalent of 150 stones. It would be an easy way to speak directly to the players who spent some unholy amount of gems, GA points, or gems + points towards SQ and garner some much needed good will. I'd like this to be a constructive open conversation. A response acknowledging and/or rationalizing whatever the uCool decision is would be much appreciated. Feel free to send me a private message as well.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    To those who made her 5* and crying out loud, ask ucool take back those gems you got from using her (when she help you gain better rank than you could have) before ask ucool give you GA coins you 'lost'.

* to ucool: simply nerf her to useless once and for all, I guarantee you will hear no more complaints about her.

(constructive ??? , it's just a way to last a conversation to several pages, and no one listen to anyone properly)

Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    To those who made her 5* and crying out loud, ask ucool take back those gems you got from using her (when she help you gain better rank than you could have) before ask ucool give you GA coins you 'lost'.

* to ucool: simply nerf her to useless once and for all, I guarantee you will hear no more complaints about her.

(constructive ??? , it's just a way to last a conversation to several pages, and no one listen to anyone properly)
    You obviously didn't read the entire thing. Please exit the thread, this is meant to be a constructive conversation.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    You have no rights to demand any refund or forcing people not disscuss you thread. You don't own HC and you don't own this heroes. It's your decision to invest into her. Imagine if you don't have SQ in first place, how did you feel about such situation? Not everyone have every hero and even some players have SQ, not everyone have it on 5 star level.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleadthefif View Post
    You obviously didn't read the entire thing. Please exit the thread, this is meant to be a constructive conversation.
    That is why I don't post for you. I mention those .... and ucool.

Constructive things is just what you think satisfy your definition, well, not anyone care about your definition.

sdfkkdlfjsdlkfjsdlkfjsdklfj

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    This was the worst shit i have ever read! Who forced you to make her *****? uCool cant take in considoration who made her *****. Should I ask for my stamina back that I used on Depth Voice now that she is in guild shop?
    Do DV is given for free as just login rewards that should be refunded to u?.... ;/

Discusion now is meaningless - that event is not for all customers thats why all arguing for - if it be for all ppl they should do new hero and gives hes ss as a sign-in reward but not like this way

We also get Turtle Fucker the last two days at ***, should all high vip members get their gems back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    We also get Turtle Fucker the last two days at ***, should all high vip members get their gems back then?
    Dont see TF for free - u need buy x2 5$ so still not for free... besides TF is older char than SQ...

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinn23 View Post
    besides TF is older char than SQ...
    Age dont matter, power does.

Corrupt Angel is fresh VIP heroe, if ucool decided to give out free SS, I am sure ppl will sell it either as soul coins or gold coins.

SQ free SS is like Tracey McGredy played in China - fit where it belongs after prime fades.

Quote Originally Posted by wnforce083 View Post
    Age dont matter, power does.

Corrupt Angel is fresh VIP heroe, if ucool decided to give out free SS, I am sure ppl will sell it either as soul coins or gold coins.

SQ free SS is like Tracey McGredy played in China - fit where it belongs after prime fades.
    Man, the conversation is so much more substantive on reddit than here

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Gonna say the same thing here as in the other. While you have a right to ur own opinion, it is however short sided and retarded. This isn't a main event, it's a BONUS. Got her 5* already? So what, thats the SAME AMOUNT OF COINS YOU WILL NOW HAVE IN SOUL SHOP. Which always has items you can use. Don't want to spend to refresh, then wait, it's free. Your not being left in the dark, your not getting nothing out of it. You made a choice to star her early, knowing perfectly well the advantages and disadvantages doing so would be. You paid for the advantage of having her stared early, that was the benifit and your choice. It's not a state secret that ucool has an will add, take away, or change how you can obtain a heros SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    SAME AMOUNT OF COINS YOU WILL NOW HAVE IN SOUL SHOP. Which always has items you can use.
    Aaa u r enlighted me!! I can swap those usless to me ss and gain some soul coins! ! And then i can buy o1/o2 gear for it!!! Err.. unless i cant... U see only woth anything currency here is GA coins that seems to be wasted on char only 1.5 month ago relesed to GA. I made her from 0 so finished week ago... Any1 see how much advantage i get thanks to SQ... Whooa! ! My problem is that vip11 char is given for free - never bfore that happen and how much impact on vip11 players it cause? Future show....

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Gonna say the same thing here as in the other. While you have a right to ur own opinion, it is however short sided and retarded. This isn't a main event, it's a BONUS. Got her 5* already? So what, thats the SAME AMOUNT OF COINS YOU WILL NOW HAVE IN SOUL SHOP. Which always has items you can use. Don't want to spend to refresh, then wait, it's free. Your not being left in the dark, your not getting nothing out of it. You made a choice to star her early, knowing perfectly well the advantages and disadvantages doing so would be. You paid for the advantage of having her stared early, that was the benifit and your choice. It's not a state secret that ucool has an will add, take away, or change how you can obtain a heros SS.
    Bold move calling me retarded and trying to argue that soul shop coins are worth anything in the same breath. Bold move indeed.

ohhh cmon guys...

the sign in hero is BONUS.
    why you complain about a BONUS?