Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystic replacement?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Mystic replacement?

Hello all, just reached TL83 and looking through some guides, they recommend Mystic to help clear some of the challenges. However, Mystic is no longer available through the crusade and I only have him at 2* through bronze chests. Is there any other hero that can replace him? I currently have Enchantress at 4* and Manipulator at 3*.

Thanks!

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    i don't use mystic for anything now. which areas you need to replace him in?

I'm having trouble clearing Tidal Temple Difficulty 5. I did a search, but most guides recommend mystic.

try eb vs dm oc fm works fine but depends on what heroes you have

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Also Mystic was placed in Arena shop if you wanted to buy stones for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TitsMcgee View Post
    Also Mystic was placed in Arena shop if you wanted to buy stones for him.
    Unfortunately, I'm on iOS, and haven't been able to see v2.0 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    try eb vs dm oc fm works fine but depends on what heroes you have
    EB, VS, and DM are only at 3* and they get killed really quickly. Even though FM is at 5*, she doesn't seem to do that much damage. It could also be the fact that I made the stupid mistake of taking her to P+4 and only has (2/6 items).

Using DW 5*, NA 5*, Comm 5*, FM 5*, and DM 3* I get to 3/3 but get killed.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    WC, OC, MACH, COMM, CHAP? you can try leaving your DW is he is more geared, but WC gives life steal. Or maybe try taking NA or FM (being she is lower geared) and put CHAP in so you can stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TitsMcgee View Post
    WC, OC, MACH, COMM, CHAP? you can try leaving your DW is he is more geared, but WC gives life steal. Or maybe try taking NA or FM (being she is lower geared) and put CHAP in so you can stay alive.
    Will have to give this a try once I can level up MACH and CHAP. WC is almost 5* which is one of the nice things being on iOS and have 3 elite stages to farm still.

New Comers Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by StrychIX View Post
    EB, VS, and DM are only at 3* and they get killed really quickly. Even though FM is at 5*, she doesn't seem to do that much damage. It could also be the fact that I made the stupid mistake of taking her to P+4 and only has (2/6 items).

Using DW 5*, NA 5*, Comm 5*, FM 5*, and DM 3* I get to 3/3 but get killed.
    Don't worry, Frost Mage isn't used for damage. She's powerful because her purple skill gives a big damage boost to mages, like Old Curse and Death Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhSolar View Post
    Don't worry, Frost Mage isn't used for damage. She's powerful because her purple skill gives a big damage boost to mages, like Old Curse and Death Mage.
    Ah! Good to know!

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I was using CW, DM, FM, Phoenix and DiB (assume Chapp can do the trick if you don't have it) first times I did 5.
    You can play with something like that, CW was the one that survives more than all my tanks, maybe DW can do the job too (didn't have it at the time)

CW was mainly a meatshield that distracts a bit and resists a few seconds while DM was charging, sometimes reach second stage, usually not but his main job was only to protect DM at first 3-4 hits, maybe DW can do same job for you.

Then with DiB golem (or chapp heals) I could go through 2 and 3, sometimes DM died but achieve to beat 3, others had to retry as FM/Phoenix didn't do enough damge alone.

Keep trying combos, maybe your heroes haven't enough stars/gears, but if you put here all your rooster can try to think on a combo

you can even use mystic at 2* you just need his blind for first wave and your other heroes can finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by pepeda View Post
    I was using CW, DM, FM, Phoenix and DiB (assume Chapp can do the trick if you don't have it) first times I did 5.
    You can play with something like that, CW was the one that survives more than all my tanks, maybe DW can do the job too (didn't have it at the time)

CW was mainly a meatshield that distracts a bit and resists a few seconds while DM was charging, sometimes reach second stage, usually not but his main job was only to protect DM at first 3-4 hits, maybe DW can do same job for you.

Then with DiB golem (or chapp heals) I could go through 2 and 3, sometimes DM died but achieve to beat 3, others had to retry as FM/Phoenix didn't do enough damge alone.

Keep trying combos, maybe your heroes haven't enough stars/gears, but if you put here all your rooster can try to think on a combo
    Will have to give this a try tomorrow when Tidal comes back. I think gear is an issue too, most of my heroes are only P1 or P2, CW barely reached P3 today. I'm going to gear them up and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    you can even use mystic at 2* you just need his blind for first wave and your other heroes can finish the job.
    Will have to spend some potions on him to get him to the right level and give it a try.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by StrychIX View Post
    Hello all, just reached TL83 and looking through some guides, they recommend Mystic to help clear some of the challenges. However, Mystic is no longer available through the crusade and I only have him at 2* through bronze chests. Is there any other hero that can replace him? I currently have Enchantress at 4* and Manipulator at 3*.

Thanks!
    Tidal temple has weak magic resistance, use strong AOE mages + CC gives easy clearance.

I central my tidal team around death mage, support her with FM/Manipulator.. Tank is usually ADM for lazy auto quick win. You can use any tank preferrable one with CC ability.

Last spot can be OC/succbus. OC has freeze, SUC AOE strong finisher. Can be phoenix too, OR other AOE CC such as DV/VS etc. Machinist/IE does the job too but are slower in clearance time if auto attack.

Forget mystic, he is useless in any portion of the game post 90 except maybe crusader, but when you reach that level you ll have hero pool deep enough to try any fancy combos you desire. He sucks at arena post 90.

Recently been playing around with commander/ninja/bear warrior type physical combos, quite fun but clearance speed dont match my DM team.

In short answer > manipulator... Enchantress sucks at auto fight as she exiles random with ult.