Thread: Old Player Needs Help!

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar

Old Player Needs Help!

Hi guys! Some of you may know me here in the forums and I would like to ask for some advise. It has been 5 months since I quit Heroes Charge (still lurking the forums, hehe) and started playing at DotArena looking for a fresh start and hoping for a better customer service/communication which I think HC lacks. The first months were fun! There were really a lot of events going on at once too! It's like Emby (Yup, DoTArena has Ember's counterpart which is Emby haha) sends us messages every now and then with various updates! I got to play some original heroes too that HC was supposed to copy before the lawsuit issue. There are also a lot of ways to acquire equip (guild war, sacred battle, etc.). But damn, I just realized HC was better at some things. First, their VIP system. You cant have all VIP11 exclusive heroes unless you are one. I mean, HC was able to bring balance to VIP 11 and mid/low VIP players by making them wait for 2 months before VIP heroes are released to public. At least, VIP 11 heroes still has the advantage to enjoy these premium heroes 2 months in advance of other players. Second, is the community. Dang, I tried to join their forums but they are all chinese/whatever language. Don't get me wrong, I'm asian but I still love how western players communicate. I dont even have a single idea what my guildmatea say in Guild Chat in DotArena. It feels alone, really. Unlike in my good ol Server 14 (Depth Voice), I had fun with all the guild I joined from the very start until everyone loses hope for HC.

Anyway, I am itching to go back to HC and start again in a new server. Should I? How's HC nowadays? Magic Rush is nice but they just dont get my taste.

Thanks in advance!

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar
    I also would like to raise the point concerning DA's Crusade. Damn, the crusade there (or Crucible of Fire) sis extremelt hard even at Normal Mode

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    new client is nice.

Content is the same, but should hopefully change soon.

Things like grand combat are supposedly incoming...

They are also making it a bit easier to get the end level gear.

I'm not sure starting on a new server would hurt you too much, but you might wish you had just restarted on your old account as there will be a lot of heroes that you will have that are much harder to get now.

You could restart, make videos, and share them, that could be worthwhile - how many older players have any idea how hard/easy it is to begin the game now - end game is certainly a different place to starting off.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Ferico my friend. Join in server 163, guild is enforcers. Very active. But we already 60

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Johnie's Avatar
    welcome back

HC is the best game ever, I also tried another one and quit because HC was so much better

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Welcome back Ferico. Start new server, use new heroes, ditch wc etc..

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Welcome back!

I don't play DA but I could imagine how lonely I'm if I do.

About today HC, I would say some better than before and some worse than before. I mean do not expect too much you will find how good it is, if you expect too much, you may find disappointed.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    If you have a phone and tablet, why not do both? start on a new server and continue your old account at the same time.