Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First impressions of the new version - thumbs up from me

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by nebilan View Post
    And how do they suppose to get money from me, if I cant play this game anymore because of compatibility issues, laggy interface of the new version etc.

Most of us are hooked to this game and cannot find the reason to stop, so this is the chance for people to stop and invest money in some other things.

Personally, I wont change my phone because of the new update, its developers, who have to think about making the game better.
    Well if Blizzard relese Diablo 4 and your computer cant play it they wont get your money either. Its baisicly the same. You would be forced to update your hardware before u would be able to play it, is that Blizzards fault? No its not.

Now that is not saying that they might be able to work on this to make it run smoother on most devices. It might be diffrent with apps.

Point is that many games becomes bigger and bigger on smartphones and as they do, hardwarw, opsystem need to follow.

I do hope they can fix this so those of you that have lag, long loading etc etc will be free of it but in the end it might be some devices just cant handle it.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastboy View Post
    I like it!

-I dont use a premium phone to play and it seems to load just as fast, if not faster! thumps up
    -I like the chat system improvements, with the old version it would scroll all the old messages, it was silly, new chat system seems much improved. thumbs up from me.
    -Having one location for trials and tests was a good move - thumbs up
    -New graphics for outlands - thumbs up
    -New arena portal - thumbs up
    -New crusade window, seems ok, nothing special, and no changes to loot, but still thumbs up
    -As a post 90 player I already have WC,VS,DV at 5* so no loss of farming their stones, plus I like the new layout, seems much cleaner - thumbs up
    -New chest window seems ok, I can't abuse the double purchase anymore but its less clicks in total which is a good thing - thumbs up
    I'm shocked that you or anyone can objectively look at the new client and say we are better off.

It is in no way faster than the prior client, simply adding in a loading requirement means your first point is null. I have a brand new 6s and the client is very frustrating to navigate.
    No iOS icons and no more spellchecking / autocorrect. How could you possibly say chat is better?
    They may have consolidated the places where trials and arena are but its still the same amount of clicks and due to poor proportionality the home screen looks even more cramped than ever.
    New graphics that have caused gameplay to be choppy and queer-looking.
    The arena portal has a bug that constantly shows the red alert dot plus same amount of clicks. Nope, not an improvement.
    No changes in the crusade window doesn't warrant a thumbs up.
    The stone situation is a shitshow and should have been thought out more clearly before implementation (as should the L quests).
    The new chest situation is untenable. People are already for all intensive purposes gold-capped and now you slow down the already ridiculous process of buy bronze chests?

All in all, I don't know what you were thinking.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Well if Blizzard relese Diablo 4 and your computer cant play it they wont get your money either. Its baisicly the same. You would be forced to update your hardware before u would be able to play it, is that Blizzards fault? No its not.

Now that is not saying that they might be able to work on this to make it run smoother on most devices. It might be diffrent with apps.

Point is that many games becomes bigger and bigger on smartphones and as they do, hardwarw, opsystem need to follow.

I do hope they can fix this so those of you that have lag, long loading etc etc will be free of it but in the end it might be some devices just cant handle it.
    Well, it's not the best comparision, since it's not the Heroescharge 2 as the new game with the different app in the store. Its just an update, that made people, who've been playing it for a year, suffering from the laggy interface.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    1. I use a moto g 2014 model and it is just as fast in loading for me (maybe android experience is better than ios?)
    2. the client isnt difficult to manage, after 2 days its very simple (maybe just me)
    3. the chat system IS better for not loading older messages fast, I still have problems, but I dont play to chat, and I know they are in a better place to fix it with their own code)
    4. combat smoothness is not great, but again, I hope they improve this.
    5. arena portal bug is another minor thing, irritating? yes, worth uninstalling the game over? possibly not!
    6. crusade remembers your last selection surely thats a thumbs up if you use the same setup throughout crusade
    7. stonegate is nothing. how many new players playing HC? how many old players farming stones for VS/WC? plus they put mystic and VS into the shops, whats to say they dont put others.
    8. new chest situation untenable? I think you doth protest too much. As someone mentioning clicks, it is less clicks to spend 1million than with the old system (unless you completely mastered the double clicking 'luck'. But once again, maybe they will add a buy 100 chests....it is possible to be positive and constructive you know?

I like the new client. It isnt perfect. But we got it. AND we got new content. AND we got some changes to the way they implement rewards AND how they introduce heroes.

The problems with the new client are 10x easier for them to fix than with the old one. Hopefully we will see a lot of bug fixes but more importantly i hope we see lots of new content with new legendaries and new areas.

Sorry if we don't agree.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by nebilan View Post
    Well, it's not the best comparision, since it's not the Heroescharge 2 as the new game with the different app in the store. Its just an update, that made people, who've been playing it for a year, suffering from the laggy interface.
    You dont have to update it. I know players stays in 1.9x on my server. You can tell from arena replays.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastboy View Post
    1. I use a moto g 2014 model and it is just as fast in loading for me (maybe android experience is better than ios?)
    2. the client isnt difficult to manage, after 2 days its very simple (maybe just me)
    3. the chat system IS better for not loading older messages fast, I still have problems, but I dont play to chat, and I know they are in a better place to fix it with their own code)
    4. combat smoothness is not great, but again, I hope they improve this.
    5. arena portal bug is another minor thing, irritating? yes, worth uninstalling the game over? possibly not!
    6. crusade remembers your last selection surely thats a thumbs up if you use the same setup throughout crusade
    7. stonegate is nothing. how many new players playing HC? how many old players farming stones for VS/WC? plus they put mystic and VS into the shops, whats to say they dont put others.
    8. new chest situation untenable? I think you doth protest too much. As someone mentioning clicks, it is less clicks to spend 1million than with the old system (unless you completely mastered the double clicking 'luck'. But once again, maybe they will add a buy 100 chests....it is possible to be positive and constructive you know?

I like the new client. It isnt perfect. But we got it. AND we got new content. AND we got some changes to the way they implement rewards AND how they introduce heroes.

The problems with the new client are 10x easier for them to fix than with the old one. Hopefully we will see a lot of bug fixes but more importantly i hope we see lots of new content with new legendaries and new areas.

Sorry if we don't agree.
    1) This seems to be the problem, you think you're in the majority when from all indications you aren't. The majority of people are experiencing frame rate lag on both iOS and Android. Feel free to post a video. I'd love to see what you're seeing.

2) It's difficult because the lag and loading makes moving from one aspect of the game to another is a stuttering affair that takes longer than the old client.

3) You didn't address anyone the concerns I raised, just said "chat isn't my concern so it doesn't matter if its shitty, maybe they might fix some of the functionality we lost, in the future".

4) Not great? It's awful. Unlike chat this feature is exactly what you play for.

5) That's not the point. The point is they have pushed a client that wasn't thoroughly thought out or tested. I mean, how does such and obvious and easy to fix (if its a small thing like you said) make it through beta testing? It's indicative of they approach the took with the entire client.

6) Good lord, if your citing crusade remembering your last selection as a reason the client is better how the hell do you write off significant things like chat? Mindboggling.

7) Again you're missing the point. The fact that they rushed to put out a subpar, untested product is the core issue. Something as large as the stones and L quests shouldn't have been an issue at all.

8) The double chest method was the farthest thing from luck, it was easy and replicable. Christ, you really can't do it consistently? Maybe they'll add functionality in the future doesn't change the fact that they removed functionality in the present.

Yes, we got new content. But at what expense? So far all it seems to be is a revised crusade. Maybe now the client is more workable since its finally their own code lol but frankly you have no idea how easy or difficult it is. They're track record is awful. Frankly, the addition of legendaries was so overdue it's funny you've seemed to forgotten how long its been, earning credit for something that was supposed to be in game months ago is crazy. All we know now is that at this point, we have regressed and are working with a worse product.

The final point I wan't to really stress is that you seem to think you are in the majority in thinking that this client was an upgrade. Take a poll of your guild, or ask world chat. Or even read these forums. The client hasn't been well received, it feels like a rushed and unfinished product. You don't award points for what might be, you give credit for what we have right now.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    The game performs miserably on iOS; using the latest iPad mini 4.

On the AppStore it's already down to 2.5 stars...
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hero...900313219?mt=8

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by haider1304 View Post
    The game performs miserably on iOS; using the latest iPad mini 4.

On the AppStore it's already down to 2.5 stars...
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hero...900313219?mt=8
    Yep. On both my iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2, performance is awful. Menus are slow, loading times are noticeable, and the battle experience is extremely choppy. It seems as if the frame rate dropped in half. A complete mess that I hope the developers handle soon.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I agree with a lot of the things here... after playing some more it definitely feels a little laggy here and there

Here's my full first impressions of the version 2.0 patch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJgPy9il0qI