Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First impressions of the new version - thumbs up from me

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

First impressions of the new version - thumbs up from me

I like it!

I have watched some videos, seen some complaints from early adopters (nothing unusual about gripes on early releases) and waited until I could try it for myself

-I dont use a premium phone to play and it seems to load just as fast, if not faster! thumps up
    -I like the chat system improvements, with the old version it would scroll all the old messages, it was silly, new chat system seems much improved. thumbs up from me.
    -Having one location for trials and tests was a good move - thumbs up
    -New graphics for outlands - thumbs up
    -New arena portal - thumbs up
    -New crusade window, seems ok, nothing special, and no changes to loot, but still thumbs up
    -As a post 90 player I already have WC,VS,DV at 5* so no loss of farming their stones, plus I like the new layout, seems much cleaner - thumbs up
    -New chest window seems ok, I can't abuse the double purchase anymore but its less clicks in total which is a good thing - thumbs up

The only gripes I have so far are very minor....

The combat is not as smooth, it is lumpy and doesnt feel as good - thumbs down
    When you defend arena and GA you cant tell which from the front screen - I like to know when I get attacked and where - thumbs down
    The booty cave search again button is in the wrong place - doesnt feel intuitive and I clicked history TOOOO many times this morning - thumbs down

Overall I think it is a good job, and definitely something to improve on....now they own the new code they will be able to turn new functionality and features around MUCH quicker - giving us gamers something to look forward to.

Good job Ucool...we might moan a lot about not having new content, having badly introduced heroes (either too weak or too OP) and having limited places to farm o+ gear but overall I think it is looking like a better game and I'm happy to be a low paying customer!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    My apologies.
    The intention of the post wasn't presented appropriately and looks like people are still pretty hurt and sensitive about it.

My bad everyone.
    Last edited by blurman2000; 11-18-2015 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Apologies

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blurman2000 View Post
    Your comments only provide a visual experience of the game mostly.

It looks like you haven't experienced the in-equality of the two versions (e.g. stamina, experience, arena rewards differences), the no-communication of UCOOL to their customers, and the mass problems they created to complete many things in the game (e.g. some legendary quests).

When you count those and many more in, you'll be giving way more thumbs down than "minor" gripes in the near future.

I believe UCOOL needs to do give a "huge" compensation for the mess they created, but I suspect that no matter how much they compensate, it won't justify what they've done.... Haha!
    Take your 200 gems for recompensation and shur up ahahah

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by blurman2000 View Post
    Your comments only provide a visual experience of the game mostly.

It looks like you haven't experienced the in-equality of the two versions (e.g. stamina, experience, arena rewards differences), the no-communication of UCOOL to their customers, and the mass problems they created to complete many things in the game (e.g. some legendary quests).

When you count those and many more in, you'll be giving way more thumbs down than "minor" gripes in the near future.

I believe UCOOL needs to do give a "huge" compensation for the mess they created, but I suspect that no matter how much they compensate, it won't justify what they've done.... Haha!
    There is not that many major things. ppl complain about stuff like the stamina button beeing diffrent and that is just a bit absurded in my book. Im on my 4th day on 2.0 and I still dont find most /if any of the nitpciking things ppl complain about a problem.

There are some issues. At least they are different issues. It's when you turn the lights on and all of the problems are the same as yesterday that nothing is moving forward.
    At least things are changing, some better, some not.
    Stated in another post, this game is actually one of the freemium friendlier ones of it's type. There are VIP only purchased items, characters, etc. in most. Other than TF and Witch, to date, everything has become available.
    Easy to see the glass 1/2 full and the (more stereotypical) glass 1/2 empty people here. Quityourbitchin' and enjoy the game.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    The game crashes constantly. Is that a picky complaint? It crashes after I start or end most fights. It crashes after I open crusade chests. It crashes when I enter booty cave.

There are literally no in game features which have no caused the game to crash. And I've only had 2.0 for 2.5 hours.

Massive thumbs down. If it's not fixed by the time by gem sub expires, I'll certainly not be buying any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
    The game crashes constantly. Is that a picky complaint? It crashes after I start or end most fights. It crashes after I open crusade chests. It crashes when I enter booty cave.

There are literally no in game features which have no caused the game to crash. And I've only had 2.0 for 2.5 hours.

Massive thumbs down. If it's not fixed by the time by gem sub expires, I'll certainly not be buying any more.
    the game have not crashed for me once. Not in the old 1.9 and not in the new 2.0.

I think that has more with your device.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    the game have not crashed for me once. Not in the old 1.9 and not in the new 2.0.

I think that has more with your device.
    Not necessarily true. it can be either the device problem or the app's.

If you device is super low end and doesn't have enough RAM to support the app usage, then the application will eventually exit as a safe measure. But when making application, you also need to make sure it is optimized so that it doesn't cause any type of memory leak.

Quote Originally Posted by ybing126 View Post
    Not necessarily true. it can be either the device problem or the app's.

If you device is super low end and doesn't have enough RAM to support the app usage, then the application will eventually exit as a safe measure. But when making application, you also need to make sure it is optimized so that it doesn't cause any type of memory leak.
    Learn something new every day

Learn something new every day
    Hello Ucool Fanboy,
    it's 3 hrs that i use version 2.x and it crashes every 10/15 minutes (with 1.9.x no problem).
    My device become hot very quickly and the game crashes every time.
    So tell me, I have a Nexus 4... Do I need to change my device ? It's too old, right ? it's my fault, because I don't spend money every month to change it for a new one.
    I love this game, I spend every month real money, I want continue to play, but right now I cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Hello Ucool Fanboy,
    it's 3 hrs that i use version 2.x and it crashes every 10/15 minutes (with 1.9.x no problem).
    My device become hot very quickly and the game crashes every time.
    So tell me, I have a Nexus 4... Do I need to change my device ? It's too old, right ? it's my fault, because I don't spend money every month to change it for a new one.
    I love this game, I spend every month real money, I want continue to play, but right now I cannot.
    Yes I am thw world viggest Ucool fanboy, I worship them every day....sigh.

Look the new game engin is most likely more demanding then the old one and the device you have maybee not be strong enough to make it work. I dont know nexus 4 so I cant comment on the device.

Its the same when u buy a pc game, if your computer cant run it due to low specs then that is not the developers fault now is it.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Yes I am thw world viggest Ucool fanboy, I worship them every day....sigh.

Look the new game engin is most likely more demanding then the old one and the device you have maybee not be strong enough to make it work. I dont know nexus 4 so I cant comment on the device.

Its the same when u buy a pc game, if your computer cant run it due to low specs then that is not the developers fault now is it.
    And how do they suppose to get money from me, if I cant play this game anymore because of compatibility issues, laggy interface of the new version etc.

Most of us are hooked to this game and cannot find the reason to stop, so this is the chance for people to stop and invest money in some other things.

Personally, I wont change my phone because of the new update, its developers, who have to think about making the game better.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    i have a LG G3, 3gb RAM, and this game is very very bad optimized in V2.0.
    laggy, framerate horrible etc..
    sorry for my english

New Comers
    I cant found exhange soul stone menu with new updated 2.0. Where it is now?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    to the guy with the nexus 4 - you might want to read this: http://www.slashgear.com/android-m-d...port-25385141/

its not just heroes charge you will have a problem with soon....

its not the game developers fault (always)