Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ------ WHY OH WHY DEVELOPERS??!!!?? - ACTIVE SKILLS on heroes -----

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

------ WHY OH WHY DEVELOPERS??!!!?? - ACTIVE SKILLS on heroes -----

Ok, I can turn the drama off now.

I love Dungeon Keeper (except the fact that we now have 2 DK's)

But putting in active skills onto heroes that you cant control within arena/GA is crazy!

DK either needs to have skill turned into random hook or it needs to be made active....

It is great fun to be able to use him in campaign/crusade/caves but to have an active skill that only targets the nearest hero is CRAZY!

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Yes. +2 the pull needs to be random.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Agree! His ult have to be random!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    random won't work, the furthest hero is only thing I need, the nearest hero is ... stupid, useless, he does not need a long hook, just come to him, only ... 2 steps.

Isn't it more romantic to take your lover's hand and pull her into your arms instead of telling "Yo babe come here"

Romance, it is how they say. For me, DuK ulti is another type of physical nuke with added visual effect. I dont mind if he likes to pull the enemy tank 2 steps closer as long as he can nuke

I'm not sure I would need a tank that can nuke, I do need a tank is a tank (with some useful skills - of course).

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    I'm not sure I would need a tank that can nuke, I do need a tank is a tank (with some useful skills - of course).
    What would need, skill wise?

Which tanks serve for you, currently i.e

At level 96, he adds 124.8 MR to the whole team which is already far more useful than DK. DK's aura reduces 10% incoming magic damage but it doesnt reduce crit chance from taking enemy hit. DuK's aura provide MR which will reduce both incoming damage and enemy's crit chance.

Second is his positioning. As he stands in the far back behind almost all other front line heroes, he is better suited as support tank than DK, SH, or Clr. On those two points alone, i am already pleased enough to put my money for him. The sheild, the stun, the nuke are extra add-ons which are also useful on the battlefield to some extent.

But I wont say he is better than DK or anything. DK first cast of magic shield at the right moment could mean it would save AS from being hexed by IE, hence AS will have a better chance to finish off IE before IE can make his zap. Additionally, DK death coil will always guarantee that it either finish the near dead enemy (after being raped by AS) or refresh AS before he jumps onto the next target.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    +1 for making fatal hook random in auto fight
    Server: 63 Mayor Bar
    Guild: BLackLisT

Quote Originally Posted by Urtock View Post
    What would need, skill wise?

Which tanks serve for you, currently i.e
    Imagine you're in 1945-1960 battlefield, a tank is a barrier, that stops enemies reach to your soldiers from behind barrier and kill them. Some countries use soldier/human as tank, like China with human wave, such 'tank' can kill enemies but that easy to be eliminated with a single bullet and then he can't protect anything behind.

I prefer a tank do good as a tank, for killing enemies ? let someone with such task do that.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    If only we needed tanks.It seems we have an abundance of them,but who cares now that servers are empty
    lel crap loot in hard crusade lel

Imagine you're in 1945-1960 battlefield, a tank is a barrier, that stops enemies reach to your soldiers from behind barrier and kill them. Some countries use soldier/human as tank, like China with human wave, such 'tank' can kill enemies but that easy to be eliminated with a single bullet and then he can't protect anything behind.

I prefer a tank do good as a tank, for killing enemies ? let someone with such task do that.
    Many characters are described as "tanks" but they arent really tanking. For instance, Commander tooltip says that she's a female tank but can she do the job? She is more of a frontline DPS who will get stronger each time she kills. If you dare to put her as your only frontal protection, i would wish you the best of luck.

Similarly, although the tooltip says DuK is a tank, i never consider him as one. Dont talk about his skillset yet. Even if he got full tanking skill, how is he going to perform his intended role when he stands too far behind almost all other frontliners?

I never consider Commander, Cleric, DM or VS as a 'pure' (main) tank. The word 'off tank' is more suitable for them.

It's like a soccer team, you have goal keeper, defender, midfielder, forward, anyone could score a goal.

It would be nice if goal keeper or defenders score a goal 'sometimes', but it would be an issue if they do it more often or so frequent, it's not their jobs/tasks, it's forward's or midfielder's task; if a goal keeper scores goal better than a forward, better make him a forward and let some one else do goal keeper's job.

I never consider Commander, Cleric, DM or VS as a 'pure' (main) tank. The word 'off tank' is more suitable for them.

It's like a soccer team, you have goal keeper, defender, midfielder, forward, anyone could score a goal.

It would be nice if goal keeper or defenders score a goal 'sometimes', but it would be an issue if they do it more often or so frequent, it's not their jobs/tasks, it's forward's or midfielder's task; if a goal keeper scores goal better than a forward, better make him a forward and let some one else do goal keeper's job.
    You can accept Commander and DV as "off tank", while DK, CR, and SH as "support tank" but why must expect DuK to be main tank? At the beginning, i already stated my opinion that DuK's best asset is his MR aura whereas his hook and chain are just extra add-ons.

I wouldnt buy him if he didnt have the aura because I already got Commander who is more superior than DuK at picking up half death enemies. I bet my money on him because his MR aura can help to reduce incoming magic damage and reduce enemy hit chance. In that view, DuK for me is a support tank with ability to stun and nuke enemy front.

Yes, you're right. I'm expecting him a tank without having a 'nuke', and his hook draw backline hero or any intelligence mage to front, I think that is the best Duk version. A nuke tank, as you say, you already got Commander, you don't need Duk, most of us would be similar (or same).