Thread: Is DK worth it at 90+?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4

Is DK worth it at 90+?

I am TL 87 and just got DK in crusade. I had about 50 SS already, so he is almost 4*.

I've already got WC 5*, VW 5*, ADM 5*, CK 5*. I never have issues with crusade...guess I'm just wondering if DK is worth it for arena and GA at 90+?

Thanks.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    No he won't have much use post 90. He's only uses are healer team and as support. However u have ck already as ur as buddy. I won't waste time on him as healer team is not that great without L cleric.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    I have him at 4* 92 and I haven't used him in ages.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I have Death Knight at 5 Stars, Purple +4 and Team Level 91.

He still helps me as a tank who heals himself.
    There are times where I miss-timed his Ultimate and he wasn't nearly charge for the next fight and that's where he sucked.

However, since you're doing well without him, you'll be fine without him.

Just a word of caution, make sure you do have enough tanks to help when you're in the upper 90 Team Levels and going against the last 3 crusade teams as sometimes, they can be a pain.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I have DK+Sapper at full O2 and they work, but except on a Sapper team and a hidden healer team on GA it's useless.

Using in any other setup makes DK die before casting ultimate.

If you don't plan to use a Sapper team, don't worry much about DK.

I have him at lvl 95 O2 .. He is extremely helpful in Sapper team to take out back line mages. Without him my sapper dies pretty fast.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
    I am TL 87 and just got DK in crusade. I had about 50 SS already, so he is almost 4*.

I've already got WC 5*, VW 5*, ADM 5*, CK 5*. I never have issues with crusade...guess I'm just wondering if DK is worth it for arena and GA at 90+?

Thanks.
    Depending on where you stand, if you are in the top chart of your server, you should consider to get DK to max o2 as well. By himself, he's not a good tank. Even in AS - VS - Com team, his role is more of a support whereas AS will be taking all magic damage. However, if you are in the top board, you should definitely consider to get DK.

He works well against VW - EB team. Pair him with SK - FD, he can further improve their resistance against magic. Anyway, he is good for attacking and is one of the tanks you should consider but only when you are within the top 1-10GA. Otherwise, just skip him

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    should try CK+AS....I'm using CK, AS, VS, HN, Commando and it is a very good team.

Banned Contributor Level 8
    DK us uselees.

Quote Originally Posted by Donobi View Post
    I have him at lvl 95 O2 .. He is extremely helpful in Sapper team to take out back line mages. Without him my sapper dies pretty fast.

There is better tanks than DK. Also AS can be kamikadze, for example im use vs mage teams setup CK AS VS NH Commando

Really depends on ur setup. Dk+as for survival and ck+as for hn support. With ck setup all u want AS to do is chip off enemies hp as low as possible and hn should be the 1 finishing the job.

At o2 I lend towards ck. On topic since op already have 5* ck. There's really no point in gearing dk.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    DK is awesome when he's paired with Sapper and or Turtle Fighter. He also makes heroes like Hidden Needle a lot more viable with his aura (enough to make her last long enough to ultimate). Plus, his death coil is casted very frequently, usually to finish off those enemies in the backline already damaged by Sapper/Needle. That said, I won't put him on other teams.

For offence, he's a good alternative when facing full magical teams, he has an edge above other meat tanks. Fighting teams who don't rely on frontal bursting also lets DK have an edge over other tanks. He might be less meaty, but if he is allowed to survive he will contribute much more than other tanks. Some top guys in our servers, myself included run DK teams from time to time even on defence. This is especially true with the arrival of Turtle, who could almost always let DK survive. DK covers Turtle while turtle is on the other side, and Turtle covers DK when he rolls back. Extending the life of both tanks significantly. And, as you all should know by now, O2 DK ultimate is quite nasty.

I have all tanks at O2. I would pick DK most days over CK if I only have to choose just one due to his unique versatility. Definitely both if I could choose both. CK is better suited with Commander and Soul Hunter. I did regret upgrading DK later compared to other tanks. If you have turtle, you are making a horrible mistake by not pairing him with DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
    DK is awesome when he's paired with Sapper and or Turtle Fighter. He also makes heroes like Hidden Needle a lot more viable with his aura (enough to make her last long enough to ultimate). Plus, his death coil is casted very frequently, usually to finish off those enemies in the backline already damaged by Sapper/Needle. That said, I won't put him on other teams.

For offence, he's a good alternative when facing full magical teams, he has an edge above other meat tanks. Fighting teams who don't rely on frontal bursting also lets DK have an edge over other tanks. He might be less meaty, but if he is allowed to survive he will contribute much more than other tanks. Some top guys in our servers, myself included run DK teams from time to time even on defence. This is especially true with the arrival of Turtle, who could almost always let DK survive. DK covers Turtle while turtle is on the other side, and Turtle covers DK when he rolls back. Extending the life of both tanks significantly. And, as you all should know by now, O2 DK ultimate is quite nasty.

I have all tanks at O2. I would pick DK most days over CK if I only have to choose just one due to his unique versatility. Definitely both if I could choose both. CK is better suited with Commander and Soul Hunter. I did regret upgrading DK later compared to other tanks. If you have turtle, you are making a horrible mistake by not pairing him with DK.
    Just for 1 magic stone shop exclusive and one specific setup. Count me out.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    i use DK in 2/4 of the outland portals...in crusade and also PvE fights. he is quite a useful character if lvl'd up and evolved properly with right gear levels. he is one of my "staple" heroes in quite a few setups. anyone whom says he isn't worth investing in...hasn't used him enough to know the difference obviously. he is my main tank in both robot fighter & the souped up wandering spearman outland portal. he easily helps kill both bosses while keeping the rest of the team alive by healing himself and others and his shields.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BossIsKing View Post
    i use DK in 2/4 of the outland portals...in crusade and also PvE fights. he is quite a useful character if lvl'd up and evolved properly with right gear levels. he is one of my "staple" heroes in quite a few setups. anyone whom says he isn't worth investing in...hasn't used him enough to know the difference obviously. he is my main tank in both robot fighter & the souped up wandering spearman outland portal. he easily helps kill both bosses while keeping the rest of the team alive by healing himself and others and his shields.
    Well, for outland portals you can have dk at o+0 and still auto without looking at the screen and the current crusade is easy even with o+0 chap and db.

I'm also not sure what you meant by "evolved properly with right gear" - I'm assuming we're talking about o+2 maxed here.

Currently the only reason to promote a hero to o+2 is for pvp, if you have unlimited supply of gear for dk - I say go for it.
    If this is not the case you may prefer to invest in other tanks/offtanks (adm, hellboy, griff/turtle if you have them, dv, le, vw, sh, ck etc.)
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon8

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I've read that overall admiral and shallows keeper are the top tanks to have.