Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arcane Sapper - still useful or not?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by pepeda View Post
    Totally agreee with Dark_Seraphim, For me, CK and DK are Sapper best friends.

CK also works with almost any setup as Tank (and better than admiral in some cases, worse on others).

Best tanks in end-game (for me) are Admiral and CK (other people talk about Hellboy and SK but on my server Hellboy is still used as off-tank and almost no SK's on Arena, so can't really compare.

CK+AS is a good combo (CK taunt will distract opponents and give Sapper one or two extra hits that sometimes mark the difference between killing 2 mages on backline or die)

DK+AS is a great combo (DK shield makes sapper "almost immortal").

You need a Tank till 90, War Chief and Panda are best options, post 90, war chief still has his usages on arena, but Admiral and CK shines, there are some people that still says that Panda is still good at post-orange, but never saw any Panda O1-O2 on arena.
    panda sux since orange. O2 panda is squishy. He failed against most teams and he lacks of support abilities.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 DelhiWalkers's Avatar
    AS either is lucky to survive long enough to make a mess or dies very quickly - from my experience. No matter how supported he is. IE can turn him to critter and he gets raped by FD or he is lucky enough to not be the target of IE spells and dodges most of FD's attacks. All comes down to RNG.
    Keep on walking.

give sapper support and he wrecks midlines....especially good teamed with mani/ck for the taunt. Mine is only o1 and the extra magic res/armor really helps him do his job. He is almost back to his glory days if the other team is mage heavy.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    CK i Crossed Knight right? I didn't know that he is so good in late game. Havent' seen him in game (except few teams in booty). There are only dwarfs, warchiefs and Drunken pandas as a tanks. He isn't a bit weak in other team setups? I see he has taunt, good armor and hp, but very low dmg output

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    I'm also building CK but in old server 16 everything is slow and unchanged, I rarely see people use new heroes, I don't really see CK, Commander in action.

Quote Originally Posted by DelhiWalkers View Post
    AS either is lucky to survive long enough to make a mess or dies very quickly - from my experience. No matter how supported he is. IE can turn him to critter and he gets raped by FD or he is lucky enough to not be the target of IE spells and dodges most of FD's attacks. All comes down to RNG.
    You need to consider carefully before sending AS to the field although he is one of the best options for attacking team. I wouldn't use AS if i see something like
    A) One midline mage + WM + Commander / FD / Ninja
    B) One midline mage + MP + CK
    B) One midline mage + Ent + NA / FD + SH

Those are some of the common setup that will kill your AS within seconds before he could accomplish anything.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    At last I reached 73 tl and put dodge item with max enchant. There are two ways of my battles: as deals huge damage and win battle or jumping into mages, gets owned and lost. I tried this setup: WC, Commando, AS, VS + (ember blade, drunken panda and other heroes I have). The main disadvantage is that they can survive until use US and they kill the rest of my team (oc and phoenix especially). So my noob question is what heroes I can also use in setup with as?

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
    At last I reached 73 tl and put dodge item with max enchant. There are two ways of my battles: as deals huge damage and win battle or jumping into mages, gets owned and lost. I tried this setup: WC, Commando, AS, VS + (ember blade, drunken panda and other heroes I have). The main disadvantage is that they can survive until use US and they kill the rest of my team (oc and phoenix especially). So my noob question is what heroes I can also use in setup with as?
    Mystic or panda are great in that setup

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    For your setup, you can add either MYS or SL, Mys if the enemy is mostly physical and SL if mostly magic, and if you have panda, he's a better choice at earlier stages w/ AS rather than WC, DK as well if you got him from chest or crusade

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    do not use sapper against qoc too she somehow always manages to swap him with my midline.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    i love using LE as tank he's able to help me beat teams 4k power higher than mine. I can beat full o2 teams with o1 LE team

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Sapper is an all-out, win easiliy, lost badly.

Panda, AS, VS, Commando + Another one is a great team from now till 90. NA is great, EB can work but is not a finisher, HN, FD, Phoenix or any finisher hero is good

Main objective of Sapper is to kill one or more mages and/or make US goes in wrong direction, to achieve first you need to help him, Panda+AS+VS+Commando will add more damage, boost sapper speed, make opponents miss more ---> usually enough to kill mid-line mages without die.

To achieve the second is a bit tricky, you need to learn what are the highest int heroes on opponents side to know if sapper will jump in front or behind them (or will jump in front and to back at US), can keep trying or look at hcharge.tk database to see int of heroes of usual formations in your level.

PD: It's more than a dozen times I see sapper jump to opponent FD and dies on 4 seconds...

SL and VW are problematic for sapper, but there are others that can cause trouble too (CW, FD, AP, DV...)

And the ones Jay.D3e posted are also good to avoid (even you can win some of them for sure)

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    AS works fine against lightning elemental teams. But you need support for him like enchantress to heal or any hero that can blind.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 kingedward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    do not use sapper against qoc too she somehow always manages to swap him with my midline.
    yes she does. But is double risk becuase anyhow AS will go back to attack QoC and she will swap him again. At the end the QoC team will have 3 heroes fighting mid/backline and is QoC team death. I say for experience, AS in my opinion is good vs QoC teams.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    One of the best sidekick for Arcane Sapper is Shadowleaf: she grants him a nice bonus damage, can silence enemies and help Sapper surviving a bit longer, and if he dies, Shadowleaf US is able to finish off the enemies the Sapper didn't manage to kill.