Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arcane Sapper - still useful or not?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Arcane Sapper - still useful or not?

Hi all,

I bought Arcane Sapper and levelled him up to lvl 69 (my current tl). I have maxed his skills and gear and try him at arena. Almost always he dies so fast and do really low damage. I saw some threads that he is getting better past 73 lvl but im not pretty sure he is as good as they wrote. Should I wait until get 73 lvl and then use him or stop and try another hero like NA? I am non VIP player and I don't want waste my guild coins if champion is not necessary or even useful.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    It's not the level, it's the Kreln Leaf

You can equip first kreln leaf on 73 (p+1), AS will start to shine
    You equip the second kreln leaf on 78 (p+3), AS will dominate
    on 79 the Yew Bolt Thrower increase the crits and make AS the most dangerous heroes on that levels

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    I am level 96 and i dont regret making AS to full o2. For pvp, i found it is more harder to defend against AS than NA

At 73 is good, at 78 is god, at late 80's he starts to fall off and needs specific teams to avoid he dies in first seconds.

Most people stop using Sapper at late 80's because he "dies in seconds".

Without a full team (or at least 2-3 heroes) built around Sapper he's useless. Putting Sapper with a team of Admiral/FD/Machinist/FM (to say something) will make sapper die in around 6-10 seconds.

A team of DK/AS/VS/Commando makes sapper a bitch that refuses to die while keeps killing mages (DK keeps him alive with his shield and damage reduction, VS adds loads of damage to mid-lines, commando gives the speed and boost at start).

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I have him full geared o2, lvl 95 very useful with NA to destroy HN and IE teams many times (not always but very good win ratio when combined with NA). He starts the job, and NA finishes it most of time

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar
    Lol. Use Shaman. He's his bestfriend from the start. At later levels, DK will join and form a trio ensuring his survivability. A team revolving AS will ne very expensive though. Use VS as support damage and Mystic for constant blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
    Hi all,

I bought Arcane Sapper and levelled him up to lvl 69 (my current tl). I have maxed his skills and gear and try him at arena. Almost always he dies so fast and do really low damage. I saw some threads that he is getting better past 73 lvl but im not pretty sure he is as good as they wrote. Should I wait until get 73 lvl and then use him or stop and try another hero like NA? I am non VIP player and I don't want waste my guild coins if champion is not necessary or even useful.
    Is he 5 stars?
    Wait till you get Purple+1 for Kreln leaf. Enchant it to max and leave AS at Purple+1 till you level him to lv78, then promote to Purple+3 and fully equip and enchant.

He is good at PvP the entire game after this.

Quote Originally Posted by pepeda View Post
    At 73 is good, at 78 is god, at late 80's he starts to fall off and needs specific teams to avoid he dies in first seconds.

Most people stop using Sapper at late 80's because he "dies in seconds".

Without a full team (or at least 2-3 heroes) built around Sapper he's useless. Putting Sapper with a team of Admiral/FD/Machinist/FM (to say something) will make sapper die in around 6-10 seconds.

A team of DK/AS/VS/Commando makes sapper a bitch that refuses to die while keeps killing mages (DK keeps him alive with his shield and damage reduction, VS adds loads of damage to mid-lines, commando gives the speed and boost at start).
    I have some of them, I thought about tank, AS, VS, Commando, and sth like shadow leaves. But I don't know which tank pair with him. I have maxed Iron Hoof 3 stars and Warchief 3 stars. Tomorrow I will unlock Drunken Panda and also have Dwarf, but on 60 lvl only. Which should I focus on? Are these good or average?

New Comers
    lvl 89 Orange - specific hero, very useful against some teams. He can employ the back row and also quite damaged. Seldom survive, but it does its job.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 DelhiWalkers's Avatar
    He is beginning to show around more and more at O2, so there must be something in it. I left mine at O for now so can't give more detailed info.
    Keep on walking.

I have some of them, I thought about tank, AS, VS, Commando, and sth like shadow leaves. But I don't know which tank pair with him. I have maxed Iron Hoof 3 stars and Warchief 3 stars. Tomorrow I will unlock Drunken Panda and also have Dwarf, but on 60 lvl only. Which should I focus on? Are these good or average?
    Till late 80's, panda is great to work with sapper, as he blinds opponents and help sapper have more dodge, but panda falls near 90 due to lack tanking gear. Iron hoff is not a bad option but after 90 also there are better options, War chief always is a good option, not the best partner for sapper but his second life and life leech and decent tanking make him a good overall option. Plenty of servers use Admiral on post-90, but others are filled with orange+ war chiefs. Panda and IH is rarely seen at end-game setups. I suggest to focus on War Chief, but surely others can give more advise

Quote Originally Posted by pepeda View Post
    Till late 80's, panda is great to work with sapper, as he blinds opponents and help sapper have more dodge, but panda falls near 90 due to lack tanking gear. Iron hoff is not a bad option but after 90 also there are better options, War chief always is a good option, not the best partner for sapper but his second life and life leech and decent tanking make him a good overall option. Plenty of servers use Admiral on post-90, but others are filled with orange+ war chiefs. Panda and IH is rarely seen at end-game setups. I suggest to focus on War Chief, but surely others can give more advise
    Ok so which tanks are the best in late game? I dont want invest in hero that will be useless in future. I read that Admiral with Legendary, but with my non vip account it might be a long time when I can get it

Best tanks for AS is either DK or CK, CK being your best option since you can use him on other setups aside from AS teams, and you can get him in crusade

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    still one of the best in endgame PVP. match well with griffin, turtle, Legi SM etc.

Ok so which tanks are the best in late game? I dont want invest in hero that will be useless in future. I read that Admiral with Legendary, but with my non vip account it might be a long time when I can get it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Seraphim View Post
    Best tanks for AS is either DK or CK, CK being your best option since you can use him on other setups aside from AS teams, and you can get him in crusade
    Totally agreee with Dark_Seraphim, For me, CK and DK are Sapper best friends.

CK also works with almost any setup as Tank (and better than admiral in some cases, worse on others).

Best tanks in end-game (for me) are Admiral and CK (other people talk about Hellboy and SK but on my server Hellboy is still used as off-tank and almost no SK's on Arena, so can't really compare.

CK+AS is a good combo (CK taunt will distract opponents and give Sapper one or two extra hits that sometimes mark the difference between killing 2 mages on backline or die)

DK+AS is a great combo (DK shield makes sapper "almost immortal").

You need a Tank till 90, War Chief and Panda are best options, post 90, war chief still has his usages on arena, but Admiral and CK shines, there are some people that still says that Panda is still good at post-orange, but never saw any Panda O1-O2 on arena.