Thread: Any place in GA for the new SQ?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

Any place in GA for the new SQ?

First of all, this is not a QQ thread.

I am a mid VIP player who enjoyed the reign of SQ before the nerf. I got quite a good number of heroes to experiment around. For me, countering SQ was the hardest but not totally impossible. I am missing the time when i had to crack my head thinking where my high vip opponent hid his SQ and whether i should avoid or counter it with optimum force.

When she was finally released, i was excited to test her out but soon enough, she was nerf. Nowadays I just dont see her anymore. High vips in my server are using TF, Griffin, witch, DL from time to time but those guys are nowhere as good as SQ was in the past. GA is no longer fun and challenging, at least for me.

I open this thread and would like to get opinions from those who are still using SQ and those who are fighting SQ: How is SQ now? Is she still deserved a place in GA?

Fyi, I maxed out 22 heroes already, hence saving GA point for gear isnt my high priority. I can afford to get SQ next but I dont know whether I should try it or not. The fact that people in my server all of the sudden stopped using SQ completely made me worried.

Thx for reading

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    the only team of SQ is the same as before.SQ/FM/death/entress/OC.l see some in the GA.if you meet this once time.l always lost,but if you want to get another try,of course it's easy to counter.and if you try SQ as a middle line without FM+entress.she is not very good,so her position is a little embarrass now..I get a 3* one luckly not O+2 directly.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I'm yet to see her being useful without enchantress especially, as she needs to be healed so she can do more damage with her 3rd skill.

Still very effective in speed teams on my server (LVL 80 Cap)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    As mentioned here, enchantress is necessary to make her viable. She only value sits with her tanking damage early, which lets her do large amounts of damage early game. Heroes that can keep her alive early are good, for example, vanguard warrior and disease bringer. Griffin seems to work with her too, granted that he will fly to poop while letting SQ do some tanking.

Once past the initial 10 seconds she becomes an inferior hero. You are of course at risk of losing her to early bursts. Commando teams will rip her apart too quick, and she is also vulnerable to ES and IE who could kill her in one shot. If she's not tanking, she dies in 10 seconds by VS Needle Sapper combos.

There is a lot of work involved to make her work. She's more like a trophy hero to be honest. Fun to have to show off. There is a reason why she almost completely disappeared.

I no longer use SQ for arena defense, but I put her sometimes in my garena teams. Just keep playing around with teams. Try out curse queen as an alternative to enchantress

Don't get why everyone is quick to stereo type heroes. One of the few things that keeps me playing is that I can mess around with teams and create my own "meta".

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8 kenzoblu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeD View Post
    I no longer use SQ for arena defense, but I put her sometimes in my garena teams. Just keep playing around with teams. Try out curse queen as an alternative to enchantress

Don't get why everyone is quick to stereo type heroes. One of the few things that keeps me playing is that I can mess around with teams and create my own "meta".
    Probably you mean your create your own teams. "Meta" means collective identification of a big trend, it cannot be created only identified, discovered. you alone will always be singular.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzoblu View Post
    Probably you mean your create your own teams. "Meta" means collective identification of a big trend, it cannot be created only identified, discovered. you alone will always be singular.
    Everybody have their own taste lol

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Nowadays im usually happy to see sq in garena the teams with her most of the times lose....team Ck hellboy dm fm succ has never lost me a single game in garena against sq teams.... Might be just luck too

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    I'm using her in the following team:

Crossed Knight, Soul Hunter, Commander, Scorpion Queen, Queen of Curse

SQ, FM, Ench as a core team with modular heroes to switch in / out is still extremely viable. Depends on what team you're facing but it somewhat works.

Doesn't work near as well as it fucking should but it works.