Thread: Weird connection issues

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar

Exclamation Weird connection issues

Hello. I'm experiencing a really weird issue. I had to send my phone to be serviced, so I started playing with my old phone. Everything was fine (of course, running slower, but fine) until today. I was using version v1.0.9.39, today it got upgraded to v1.9.0.42 and, after that, I can login only using WIFI.

I've tried clearing cache and game data, then uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling fresh. It had to download over 120 MB of data, which downloaded without any problems. But then, after "updating" screen it won't do anything else, it won't say "connecting" or "loading". After "updating", just nothing, the full screen drawing and that's all.

I tried waiting, switching networks, another SIM card, but nothing. I just can't login using 3G, and most of the time I can't use WIFI, so I'm screwed unless you provide me a way to download v1.9.0.39 again, which was working good on both kinds of connection. Every other game and app runs without any trouble using 3G. Is just Heroes Charge which will refuse to do so.

Today I've lost stamina, crusade and arena. My normal phone won't be back for at least two weeks. Please help me or my heroes will starve to death.

Account ID: 5259519
    Server: 16
    VIP level: 11

You can eMail me and I'll be able to reply faster. Thanks in advance.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    Hello. I'm experiencing a really weird issue. I had to send my phone to be serviced, so I started playing with my old phone. Everything was fine (of course, running slower, but fine) until today. I was using version v1.0.9.39, today it got upgraded to v1.9.0.42 and, after that, I can login only using WIFI.

I've tried clearing cache and game data, then uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling fresh. It had to download over 120 MB of data, which downloaded without any problems. But then, after "updating" screen it won't do anything else, it won't say "connecting" or "loading". After "updating", just nothing, the full screen drawing and that's all.

I tried waiting, switching networks, another SIM card, but nothing. I just can't login using 3G, and most of the time I can't use WIFI, so I'm screwed unless you provide me a way to download v1.9.0.39 again, which was working good on both kinds of connection. Every other game and app runs without any trouble using 3G. Is just Heroes Charge which will refuse to do so.

Today I've lost stamina, crusade and arena. My normal phone won't be back for at least two weeks. Please help me or my heroes will starve to death.

Account ID: 5259519
    Server: 16
    VIP level: 11

You can eMail me and I'll be able to reply faster. Thanks in advance.
    Dear Leader
    Could you attach some screenshots to help us address the problem please? Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

I can't attach screenshots from the mobile site. It's easy to figure out though. I start the game on wifi, everything is fine. I use 3g, it says updating and then nothing, only the splash screen with the logo. I can press back and it will ask me if I want to leave and let me close the app, nothing else.

Today I borrowed another phone. I installed both hc and hc HD from scratch, downloaded half a gigabyte of data between the two versions using 3g , quickly, but then, same issues. It's not account related because it happens before and after attaching to my googl account.

First phone was low end, Samsung galaxy duos Android 2.3.6. Second and current one is mid end, Motorola razr max hd, Android 4.0.4.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-09-16-34-51.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	7831

After this successful download and patching it restarts, says 'updating' and then just this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-09-16-50-21.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	7832

Update: if I connect using wifi and I disconnect from wifi to fallback to 3g, it works. the connection problem occurs only when the app is loading.

And, furthermore, if I use tethering it works as well. Therefore, the lower speed is not the cause, but the connection type.

And, again, this started happening with build 42. No issues using build 39.

I can't attach screenshots from the mobile site. It's easy to figure out though. I start the game on wifi, everything is fine. I use 3g, it says updating and then nothing, only the splash screen with the logo. I can press back and it will ask me if I want to leave and let me close the app, nothing else.

Today I borrowed another phone. I installed both hc and hc HD from scratch, downloaded half a gigabyte of data between the two versions using 3g , quickly, but then, same issues. It's not account related because it happens before and after attaching to my googl account.

First phone was low end, Samsung galaxy duos Android 2.3.6. Second and current one is mid end, Motorola razr max hd, Android 4.0.4.
    Dear Leader
    Thank you for your informatino. We will ask our developers to look into the problem.

Best Regards
    Betty

Please try to fix it as soon as possible and keep me posted. I am outdoors most of the day, specially when my rewards come, so I don't have wifi access around and I can't play at all, therefore losing way too many gems, gears and team XP compared to my usual daily progression in the game.

As a temporary workaround, it would be nice of you if you provided me a way to restore the build 39 which was working fine. In fact, I don't even know what kinds of changes have been committed lately because there's nothing about any updates or improvements whatsoever in the development journal since build 36. Thanks in advance.

Please try to fix it as soon as possible and keep me posted. I am outdoors most of the day, specially when my rewards come, so I don't have wifi access around and I can't play at all, therefore losing way too many gems, gears and team XP compared to my usual daily progression in the game.

As a temporary workaround, it would be nice of you if you provided me a way to restore the build 39 which was working fine. In fact, I don't even know what kinds of changes have been committed lately because there's nothing about any updates or improvements whatsoever in the development journal since build 36. Thanks in advance.
    Dear Leader
    Please try find a free VPN service on App store or Google play and see if it works for you before the prblem is addressed. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Yes, it worked! With VPN it's easy and quick.

In fact, I had tried it before reading your reply and found out that you came up to the same idea as myself when I headed here to feed you back on the workaround. Thanks.

PS: A gift of gems to compensate the arena rewards, unfinished crusade, booty caves, etc would be so kind of you and greatly appreciated by yours truly
    Last edited by Dali; 10-10-2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Orthography