Thread: Griffin throwing out ridiculous damage

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Griffin throwing out ridiculous damage

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Griffin.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	7820

Got one-shotted by a Griffin in Crusade and couldn't work out how it did so much damage.

I had lost to the enemy team and sent in back up team but Griffin's ultimate just swept the board - surely at 53 it shouldn't be able to
    throw out that much damage with its ultimate?

Is an additional +130 per level too OP as comparable AOE heroes get nowhere near that so maybe we have to live with it?

BBJ - Server 159 - ID 22711823

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    That does seem highly stupid.

Got a replay or more screenshots? I only know griffin around 92 and there's no such crazy damage output there yet.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Looks like griffin doublecasted its ult after bigbadjohn started crusadefight against an already fully loaded griffin.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    you get a new magic stone hero as opponent on crusade at level 56? Strange...

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    your mistake you made here is after losing your main team you should send out a single hero so they don't lay waste to your team with ults. . Griffin probably ulted once killed 3 and ulted again. As it's physical damage and with your level you probably wouldn't have the armor to counter the damage that he has that early.

Quote Originally Posted by moNey_001 View Post
    your mistake you made here is after losing your main team you should send out a single hero so they don't lay waste to your team with ults. . Griffin probably ulted once killed 3 and ulted again. As it's physical damage and with your level you probably wouldn't have the armor to counter the damage that he has that early.
    Yeah the Griffin killed my entire team with its ultimate and thus replenished its energy - the issue is how can a 4* L53 Hero one shot 5 3* 56's thus renewing its energy - I should have sent out my lowest hero to pull the ultimate but I wouldn't be confident about
    getting it before the ultimate renewed. The mad thing was it killed my initial team with a one-shot which nothing else could do so I couldn't even retreat a single hero and try again.
    I can't see what other AOE at this level takes down everything in one go - hard to work around.

At least I know that I have to kill the thing before it can ever trigger in future - just may be tricky as Old Curse, Ice Mage and Frost Mage between them hadn't actually hurt it that much in first fight. (All 56 3* maxed skills)

I have seen too many magic stone heroes on Crusade - not completed normal yet - this is my 3rd account and not by a way the worst set of heroes I've had!

What VIP level are you? It's very strange to me, people talking a long time abut SQ on crusade, now you with Griffin and a lot others I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    What VIP level are you? It's very strange to me, people talking a long time abut SQ on crusade, now you with Griffin and a lot others I guess...
    VIP 7 - should that make a difference?? SQ was a pain but more easily dealt with before the nerf than that Griffin - never met SQ on this account but was more of a minor irritant at 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadjohn View Post
    VIP 7 - should that make a difference?? SQ was a pain but more easily dealt with before the nerf than that Griffin - never met SQ on this account but was more of a minor irritant at 90.
    Looks like not...I thought maybe you're meeting those hero because of high vip level. I never saw any of those so not sure really why but anyway glad I didn't lol. Strongest I get is NA o2 and HN o2 lol EB, FD and other usuals...even a healer team I just met once on hard crusade lol same as one team with hellboy...not many surprises in my crusade lol and even less drop in soul stones and hero cards lol

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadjohn View Post
    Griffin seems like the kind of hero that stacks on low, stacks low higher on. At lower levels you may see a crazy damage jump compared to other heroes on that level but later on it's better manageable.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 CrazyEyesDave's Avatar
    I beat a top 10 O+2 team which had a 3 stars Griffin.

It did some ridiculous damage indeed and was last to die.