Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meta Analysis - October

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastboy View Post
    Sq was a counter to everything. She needed tweaking. Even honest high vip's would and did admit it.

Only people who relied on her overpowered state cry now.
    And when she tweaked, the devs didnt know they nerf her so hard makes everybody use fallen dominion game

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Sq was a counter to everything. She needed tweaking. Even honest high vip's would and did admit it.

Only people who relied on her overpowered state cry now.
    She was only overpowered when she was paired with the right team...so I don't know why that would be considered an overpowered hero...overpowered would mean she could hold her own without buffs and debuffs provided by her team...and she could not...now she's just another boring hero who sits on the bench...

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    SQ was the only real FD counter. All other teams had to concentrate on killing his support first and than dealing with FD. With SQ gone, FD is king of arena again. The Analysis clearly shows that. Will be more extreme if only normal arena is examined.

PS: I'm low vip, so I luckily not wasted gems on SQ.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    The data is really useful.

If you take away FD and ie you see a good spread of heroes being used in top 6 across all servers.

Good tip for those that don't get top 10 spots is to find an attack that can beat those FD/IE teams with good success rate. (There are teams!!!!!!)

With the upcoming draft picks I really think the game is going to get interesting...

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Your figures will not be accurate due to hidden Ga.

Better to just do the math for arena (both from a time save and accuracy perspective)

It does reflect what I have found too. Although I see a difference in team setups after server 100 (this is rough as I have no actual data to share unfortunately)

Without a new counter to fd he will remain king of arena. If ucool release a good counter (highly doubt griffin will be it) then we might see more diverse defence teams..

Thanks for taking the time to do this though!
    Thanks for the constructive feedback, I actually thought about that myself - I'll edit my first post and add arena exclusive team analysis as well later today.

EDIT: done!

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Some thoughts of my own:

1. I expected to see more interesting teams with SH/CK/CMNDR/ENCH, sadly there weren't any in the servers I picked.
    2. WC was a lot more common than I've anticipated.
    3. Server activity - while it's not listed, I also checked the activity of some servers and was surprised to see servers in the 100+ domain with less activity than my own, maybe this deserves a seperate post if I have the time and energy to do it.
    4. grand ranks - The TOP6 players in real time are usually the TOP6 players in daily rank, meaning that they defended successfully for 10 hours - They may appear in a different order, but usually a player that holds TOP6 in the daily ranks will also hold TOP6 in realtime, 10h later.
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon8

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    1. You need either a superior strength team or a well balanced team to defend successfully....especially in top10. If you focus on magic you will get crushed by physical/mixed so almost all top 10 teams are mixed (post SQ adjustments)
    2. o2 WC is severely underrated, those that know use him (you really need a 2nd tank for when he dies though!)
    3. if the email that I saw is true then the server merges will go some way to "fixing" more inactive servers.
    4. most guilds/alliances have gentlemens agreements for arena, often swapping/giving spots in arena for reward time. But GA coins are so precious that people dont do the same there.

a random thought from me, I wonder how many of those top 6 are high VIP's. Would be nice to know how many low VIP/non VIP make it into the top 6...

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    1. You need either a superior strength team or a well balanced team to defend successfully....especially in top10. If you focus on magic you will get crushed by physical/mixed so almost all top 10 teams are mixed (post SQ adjustments)
    2. o2 WC is severely underrated, those that know use him (you really need a 2nd tank for when he dies though!)
    3. if the email that I saw is true then the server merges will go some way to "fixing" more inactive servers.
    4. most guilds/alliances have gentlemens agreements for arena, often swapping/giving spots in arena for reward time. But GA coins are so precious that people dont do the same there.

a random thought from me, I wonder how many of those top 6 are high VIP's. Would be nice to know how many low VIP/non VIP make it into the top 6...
    Simply by looking into avatar and all heroes power/stars

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Server 116 which my main account is on is very heavy on O2 WC tanks. My defense team of L-O2 Adm/IE, O2 Mach, FD and Silencer will lose mirror matches more times than not when opponents attack me with WC tank and same dps. Strongly considering boosting my WC to O2 due to server meta. Server 120 is my 2nd account (vip 5), top 10 is mostly held by top guild on server. There isn't a real meta on that server as they win trade throughout the day. Outside of the top 2 guys who are heavy spenders, the tag alongs in guild just level and gear random characters for no apparent reason. Some of the combo's are headscratchers, but makes rank sniping into top 10 at reward time pretty easy.

Yeah i'm just gonna leave this here.

SQ was supposed to change this same shitty meta we see every month but couldn't because apparantly nerf means destroy.

Let's hope all the morons can keep their silly opinions to themselves next time something is going to change it hmm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriel View Post
    Yeah i'm just gonna leave this here.

SQ was supposed to change this same shitty meta we see every month but couldn't because apparantly nerf means destroy.

Let's hope all the morons can keep their silly opinions to themselves next time something is going to change it hmm ?
    I've agreed with a lot of stuff you've said with regards to SQ but I don't think I'm on the same page with 'SQ was meant to change the meta". It would have been nice if she had but I don't really understand where you're inferring that this particular hero was supposed to mark a significant shift. She changed the meta because she was OP for a 3* character and everyone picked up and ran with it.

I think the bigger issue is how they plan on keeping the meta from getting as stagnant as it has in a general way. Is it a combination on new heroes / updated heroes / Legendary talents? Because introducing one hero that requires a shift in the meta because she's overpowered in a broken sense isn't the answer. That seems too extreme and will continually result ( like we saw ) in a large portion of the players crying foul. I'd rather see them put more effort introducing several more moderate changes ( I think new L's play a major role here ) that allows players to adopt new teams as OPPOSED to inserting one character with mechanics that are so dominant they brute force the meta into something new.

Moderate changes in a few different ways lends itself to more options and a more interesting / exciting meta.

Yeah and that's the point. That's been the whole point the entire time and for some reason i'm speaking chinese when i explain it.

The current meta is shit. It revolves around the exact same 10 guys everywhere, and everywhere it's a rock paper scissors game whether or not you win or lose. It doesn't help that being higher level means you lose faster and it also really doesn't help that there's almost 0 original teams because everyone is encouraged not to experiment because of aforementioned 10 default guys.

Now the other extreme is too much power creep, which was what SQ was bordering on, but you honestly cannot demand that every new released hero stays exactly in line with everything that already exists, because at that rate the meta will never change.

To recap: Forced change good.
    Power creep good. Too much of either bad.

I have high hopes that TF is at least going to put a serious dent in default lineups but assuming i'm right people will just object and have him nerfed before he's even made public.

As for the "moderate change" approach, VW/EB wasn't moderate change. It was a hard affront to everything the second it got figured out and it has been (and still is) a default team setup for a lot of people. It got countered effectively roughly a month after it became popular and since then it's mix and match.

SQ was going to do the same, since not every fucking setup was supposed to work against SQ. OP or not OP, she was unique and that part got ruined by forcibly putting her in the same line of mooks that no one dares to use because originality is a crime in this game.

What frustrates me the most is that Ucool cannot possibly have any influence on what players deem default because of this whole event. Every time a unique or new approach is introduced, people will complain until it gets changed and that bothers me a lot.
    The only alternative to new heroes seems to be legendary skills since those massively influence the way a match plays out, but overall i don't trust people not to run back here once the standard gets broken.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    The only thing pre-nerf SQ brought to the table is... instead of the exact same 10 guys everywhere with handful of fillers, SQ just made it the exact same 11 guys everywhere with a handful fillers. Stop releasing new heroes, fix the current line-up. Re-engineering current heroes would be easier since most of the work is already done, just rethink their skills, TEST THE CHANGES, then release update.

nice work bro

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I'm just glad I don't use the top 5 heroes in the list. I pride myself on following no meta!!

SAPPER DEFENSE FOREVER!
    Level 103 - Server 58 Corvus. INC BBN - Officer of Intensity (INC)
    1,050,000 Total Power
    13 Red+2 heroes, 16 Red+1, 8 red.