Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Assassin teleport position change affecting Ancient Protector

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7

Ninja Assassin teleport position change affecting Ancient Protector

Hello Betty,

This is a follow up on thread:

http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...t-announcement

We know that there was a modification to the teleport position of Ninja Assassin in the recent game patch. This change hasn't done much harm, but to Ancient Protector, this change has diminished his value tremendously. This was uncalled for, because nobody asked for a Ninja Assassin buff, and nobody asked for Ancient Protector nerf...

Ancient Protector was originally a VIP11 hero many months ago, and now is currently sitting in the Grand Arena Shop. For one thing, he's already extremely weak to Ember Blade, another popular hero due to the fact that EB could easily life-steal from all the plants every time he dies. It wasn't until Ninja Assassin became popular (during O1/O2 gear phase) where Ancient Protector has shown his true value, and that's being a backline tank after he transform (his ultimate) to a Tree, sitting in the back with his plants. Previously, Ninja would teleport to the plants, although he could still destroy all the flowers by himself, it significantly costed him a lot more time.

The recent patch basically made Ninja jump directly to the tree instead of the plants, effectively rendering his role as a "backline tank" rather useless. If this was an intended change, I would like to know from the production team what were the reason behind it. I sincerely hope that this was an oversight.

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Raymond Dong's Avatar
    Thanks for your feedback. I will forward this to the Dev Team. However, please be aware that the ult skill of Ninja Assassin clearly states that he would teleport to the farthest enemy and deal melee critical damage.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Thanks ember! We just want what's best for our game, that probably involves not buffing ninja. Surely I think they will understand.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I must agree with Kannon, I too have invested in Ancient Protector for the skills he "had" - I just yesterday got him up to 90 O+1 full skills full gear full enchant, only to find the value suddenly diminished! Why is is that I am not surprised to feel the 'old bait & switch' from uCool once more?!? I have NA as well, at just as high a level, and I most certainly do Not feel he needs to be given any more advantages.
    If uCool would spend their money on balancing characters instead of (or as well as, considering the enormous cash flow from your customers,) spending time on a prettier interface, it is just possible that this game could become interesting enough to last as long or longer than WoW! Imagine the possibilities if there were truly ways to come up with new and interesting teams to fight specific battles, instead of just a few basic standbys.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. I will forward this to the Dev Team. However, please be aware that the ult skill of Ninja Assassin clearly states that he would teleport to the farthest enemy and deal melee critical damage.
    You can say that you actually "fixed" na skill, but for ap to be usable ninja must attack his plants before going to kill the tree - I believe that was the intention when you created ap, he's commonly used as a ninja counter.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    So what if they changed it? I think it's s good thing since it keeps everyone on their toes, prevents complacency, and changes the current gameplay style subtly, so no one has a stroke like they did over SQ.

They made one of the hardest heroes to obtain in the game rather useless, that's why it's not a good change.

I didn't want to bring it up, but ap is commonly used in a healer team as ninja protection in the other game as well, that was the initial intention when the hero was designed - we don't need more useless heroes than we already have.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I don't see a problem with NA and AP...my NA always went to tree directly, I don't see a change in his teleport position, it was always like that for me...although I didn't meet much of the AP on my server, he's rarely used but whenever he was in team ninja always went to same position as today...

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    No. Before being corrected i usually use AP to defend against NA. NA normally attack the energy giving spore instead of the pea shooter or AP itself.

So its true NA ulti being corrected?
    And that makes the downfall of my fav heroes.

Hope something is done for AP to being recognize other than raiding

Urs truly
    AP lover

I AM GROOT

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by [BG]Archon View Post
    They made one of the hardest heroes to obtain in the game rather useless, that's why it's not a good change.
    ...like SQ?

I didn't want to bring it up, but ap is commonly used in a healer team as ninja protection in the other game as well, that was the initial intention when the hero was designed - we don't need more useless heroes than we already have.
    This is not that game so your point is not relevant...

SQ is far from useless, just not as OP as she was - they probably balanced her too much but she can still work in certain setups and in grand.

Ancient protector after the ninja "fix" is not useful in any setup and no one will use or redeem him.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    SQ is far from useless, just not as OP as she was - they probably balanced her too much but she can still work in certain setups and in grand.

Ancient protector after the ninja "fix" is not useful in any setup and no one will use or redeem him.
    There are so many heroes like AP such as forest guardian ice spirit etc,
    Its same like as nerfing SQ but in the end youre crying to buff the SQ

And fyi this ninja "fixing" is start from others player complain too.

If ucool want to fix ninja position to normal, they should undo SQ, raid 15 everything to normal too.

Its already too long this game stuck at this point, we need some crazy things to make the games rock n roll

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    i'd say quit complaining and enjoy the game. i promise y'all this game is MUCH better than their competitions! go try god's rush and/or soulhunters out and you'll see what i mean! Heroes charge owns them easily! every hero has a counter.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Ember, "teleport to" didn't mean "overlap". The original position is fine, however, the new position is more like a bug.
    Now the Mystic's ultimate do 0 damage to Ninja, give a try.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherEXS View Post
    Ember, "teleport to" didn't mean "overlap". The original position is fine, however, the new position is more like a bug.
    Now the Mystic's ultimate do 0 damage to Ninja, give a try.
    Agreed with this. At first I didn't see what this was about since there is not much of mystics and AP in my server in use but saw it yesterday on crusade...NA jumps to Mystic and his ulti didn't even hit ninja and he was standing righr in front of mystic and killing him. Also odd thing about ninja...he doesn't do much damage as he used to in raid 13...I see him just standing there so many times now and it's really frustrating. My damage at the moment is 500k less that I used to do and no matter what setup I tried damage is still low. He only did 700k damage in 1 chance today which is very strange. His energy is filling much slower and ulti lasts less than usual, add to that stun by titan, stun by admiral and zzz by DV mirrors...what damage can be done anyways? Also admiral and DV didn't appear almost at all earlier in mirrors. There is something wrong with NA at the moment, teleport and this situation too.