Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suicide Squad

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Suicide Squad

i was thinking for a long time about a team to effectively counter NA teams (literally 95% of all teams out there) and i came up with an idea:

LE(L), Ferryman, Ench, Mani, LB(L)

why suicide squad? well; Ferryman increases his attack for every hero that dies by a damn high amount (dont have him on lvl 90+, cant say how much it rly is)

LE(L) dies pretty fast and on death he deletes enemies energy, which is nice

how to counter NA? pretty easy: NA jumps to the back line, where LB(L) is waiting for him and heres what i rly love: when LB(L) reaches 10% HP or dies, he explodes for a shitload dmg (when he crits its for about 30k) which instantly kills NA
    to kinda guarantee a crit there is Mani in team, Ench further increase this dmg to make sure it will kill NA

so, what do we have now? your LB(L) is dead, his NA is dead, probably LE(L) is dead or will die soon, that makes 3 dead heroes to push Ferrymans dmg further

when Ferryman dies he also explodes for area magic dmg, which should also bring down the enemy team

iŽd like to test this setup, but it will take about 3 month to farm those heroes and the legendaries

what do you guys think about this?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Suicide team just die before they know whether NA come or not, because they are too weak to fight. You need a decent tank to keep them alive long enough and wait till NA full mana. Your Legendary LE try to guarantee NA will not have full mana before the fight end.

Banned Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by dcilic View Post
    what do you guys think about this?
    i think you teoretical, sorry, not teoretical, REAL IDIoT.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 DelhiWalkers's Avatar
    You lack dmg for sure. Your strategy requires enemy to have NA, which is not guaranteed.
    After 3 of your heroes explode, who will finish enemies, becouse ferryman's ult will not be enough for sure with higher tier gears giving nice defensive stats ? You will be left with manipulator and enchantress. For example EB who would rather avoid ferryman's ult with remnants or purple skill would rape your team solo afterwards.
    Keep on walking.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 StevenSeagal's Avatar
    at least he's thinking outside the box instead of copying the garbage cookie cutter builds.. some of you guys are fucking pathetic for always smashing ideas..

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Marcos_M's Avatar
    Don't want to be offensive like the other guys around

This is a really bad idea, because Ferryman damage is too low, LE will die before enemy ults

Making Ferryman your main dps is the problem, you can't rely in a such outclassed hero

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos_M View Post
    Don't want to be offensive like the other guys around

This is a really bad idea, because Ferryman damage is too low, LE will die before enemy ults

Making Ferryman your main dps is the problem, you can't rely in a such outclassed hero
    1132 attack per dead hero. 3 dead heroes means more attack increase than FD in ult mode. At 4 or more, you're guaranteed to almost oneshot most mages at that point in the fight.

Now here's the problem with him. His main source of damage is his autoattack. This means that it can be dodged (easily at that. lacks any sort of accuracy increase). Shades isn't reliable once the formation has changed that much already and the damage isn't that impressive on it's own, even with 3 boosts.

Now i'm not saying this won't work, but you'll need at least some form of buffing so either his shades crit (doing serious damage at 3+ dead) or removing their dodge / buffing accuracy. The former is doable so for the purpose of having everything explode for maximum win, i'm suggesting DM as a tank due to his dodge reducing skill.

As far as the rest goes, LB only has that one attack, LE is the slowest ult charger in game (by far) and Ferry cannot handle any sort of serious damage.

It can work, but it doesn't rely on NA or not. RNG is a big factor here, but it's something i've been considering for a while in terms of alt team setups.

Verdict:
    Has potential, needs work. B+

thanks a lot for the feedback, esp. thx to Cyriel

im just trying to find new strategies for arena, bc im kinda sick of seeing always (nearly) the same setups

it was an idea iŽd kinda like to try, even if it costs a lot (and it will also take a lot of time)

Hopefully the meta will shift soon so i dont need to try such a setup

so long

That's why SQ is good. It's forcing people to think outside of their 10 default heroes.

Just did a trial of sorts with a potentially good team involving all 3.

Manipulator, LB, LE, Ferry & DM. This works against anything that doesn't have heavy CC. I don't have all of them maxed out gear wise but initial results work. I can't test the LB or LE legendary since i have neither but in 8 rounds of testing, those 2 were the first to go, so that's promising.

dunno what to think about SQ, seems like everyone is complaining about her
    but i havent seen her in action, so i will wait for it

but i know this one thing: there is always a possibility to beat something, someone just needs to try out some other thing, even heroes who are titled as shitty or bad can be worth a try to counter the meta
    im excited for the new patch and changes incoming

thats some nice news, thanks man! iŽll work on LB legendary as soon as i finished the one im on right now

As a fun mention, i saw someone using the exact team i described 2 posts earlier. Currently trying to hunt him down so i can get a replay of sorts but he's holding it pretty well. Currently 14th in arena.

niiiiice man, you just made my day
    it kinda makes me happy to see an idea come true, if this really works out im going to celebrate it

would be nice to see some replay

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    not your team by far but one of the few o2 ferryman videos around.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaFkxnt9VPE

definitely has potential if you can support him well.

hah, thats nice to see how much dmg he can throw out!

if hes placed in the middle, like the setup cyriel had in mind, then he should be able to do even more dmg