Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone with experience they want to share with crossed knight O2?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

anyone with experience they want to share with crossed knight O2?

everyone and their dog uses admiral or sk in arena. I see VERY few O2 CK's - is this because he is newer hero and people dont take the risk or because they took the risk and realise that admiral/sk are just better at the job?

I have the gear to O2 my crossed knight now and would really appreciate some positive (or negative) feedback on him before I put the gear on him...

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    The positive:

- If he gets enough gear he'll stop from flinching almost entirely when his defensives are up. Not flinching = super armor which basically walks though everything and not getting skills interrupted by a random arrow to the knee.
    - His ult can literally stop the entire enemy team from getting through completely. In my case i've had my CK take 4 ults back to back from CW, DW etc and he was still standing with over 40% hp. None of the currently available maintanks have this kind of endurance, but overall their standard (nonult) endurance is a bit higher.
    - The fact he can disable the highest damage dealer on their side with a targetted stun is a great thing, however since FD is almost always that highest number, his ult is wasted due to ult FD being cc immune.
    - Fits in many other teams and mostly exists to stop damage entirely and stop advancements.

The negative.

- All his skills focus on selfbuffing or negating damage. While this is good, it also means you're using a metal block without sharp parts, putting all the damage focus on your other 4 guys.
    - When dealing with tankmovers like mountain or enchantress or anything that disables him, all his good qualities go out the window, because once that line is broken, it's a terrible thing to get it back up. Offtanks can remedy this to some extent but overall that's his main weakness. It also can be extremely counterproductive to have a mountain pummel your CK into the rearline, then CK taunting everything, forcing the entire 2 teams to mix near your midline, often to extremely negative outcomes.
    - Silence ruins a lot of his tanking potential. He's got solid stats on his own but as mentioned before, they're a little below the other maintanks. Once he can get buffs up, he's amazing again but timing is a thing here.
    - As mentioned above, he's got little to no damage output. Far below any of the other maintanks. His stun can work (eg: vs NA) but if there's an FD on their team, guaranteed it goes to him and thus ruining the concept.

Overall he's an extremely solid tank but relies a lot on what he's facing. Team setup also matters to some extent but less than other maintanks. In the end it's a preference thing. I like him, he works for me but he's failed me a bunch of times as well. The same can be said for any maintank, but everything considered, this guy is solid.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Dont ever put him versus silencer and ie except you need a cc tank, hes solid.
    Only CK can hold ninja crit as 1000damage lol.

If u want pure front WALL.
    Choose SK

Can you win against standard mixed admiral teams?

What rank do you usually hold in arena?

What team setup do you use?

I'm going to team him with my o+1 enchantress and probably put my o+1 deb behind him for clone/disable support....

I'm using CK O2 as my main tank, don't have Admiral or SK O2 so can't compare (so assume won't be of help).

Can talk about what I love and hate from my CK

What I love:

1. Usually lasts longer than Legendary Admiral
    2. When he cast his US, he's almost invencible, can be at 1/3 of life, receive both IE and Machinist US and keep up with 1/4 of life, and sometimes both reduction damage skills combine and then nobody can kill it giving you a few free seconds.
    3. The taunt goes well, it removes pressure to your other heroes, usually makes all opponent heroes to hit CK (sometimes even a Ninja at your back), and if you use AS/NA/EB/PS... can give them a breath if they are on opposite side.
    4. He has a high survability against SQ, on Crusade he saves my day.
    5. Using with another hero that heals (DiB/SH/Enchantress or whatever) can almost double his survability, giving 5k extra to Admiral means one extra shoot from FD (to say something), giving 5k extra to CK can mean 7-8 more hits

What I hate:

1. He has no damage, only bash that does around 7k (or something like that), don't expect that he kills anything (and as Cyriel posted, he usually target FD, so no stun).
    2. If he's interrupted/freeze/stunned/petrified... he don't cast his skills, and without damage reduction, he's nothing.
    3. Sometimes he cast second taunt without shield or absolute defense, when this happens he dies, sometimes he cast taunt before US, but with everyone hitting him, is interrupted and can't put the shield.
    4. Admiral/SK/Hellboy have nice abilites to stun/disable opponents, also do good damage, CK don't have nothing (lost a few battles by timeout) with CK receiving hits without killing noting.

Im vip5 and can get top 1 when reward come.
    The best team with ck for me in my server.
    Ck as vs hn comm.
    But each server have its own meta

Versus admiral mixed teams o+2
    I use ck as vs hn comm and win 4 from 5 tries.
    Hard to fight him

Quote Originally Posted by glitteringlust View Post
    Im vip5 and can get top 1 when reward come.
    The best team with ck for me in my server.
    Ck as vs hn comm.
    But each server have its own meta

Versus admiral mixed teams o+2
    I use ck as vs hn comm and win 4 from 5 tries.
    Hard to fight him
    I use a similar setup CK AS, VS, NA, Commando, but . Switching Commando with CW/EB/Silencer depending on the battle. Think that HN will be more reliable

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Invest on ck do it o2 mine is already o2 and worked much better than mine o1 legendary admiral , even my ck miss one item to be fully equiped , i asume that ck is most op tank atm in hc but silence is his weaknes so sometimes i switch to admiral i suggest upgrade them both and sk for 3th in grand arena i work atm on sk but long way to go for me ,still doubt about sk or mountain i have feelings he will be usefull in new meta

Sk o+1 already pure wall if u ask me,
    O+2 means great wall of china.
    But no more than a wall

well, I had one fight today with DeB,IE,NA,EB,MANI and lost badly I tried with CK, DeB, NA, ES, ENC....it wasnt even close.

what is a good team setup for CK? AS/VS/HN one of the more successful teams?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    One of my guildmates runs o+2 CK + SH as front line, VERY sturdy, I like that combo
    Ditiesse - Domination - Server 61

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Falcon's Avatar
    I use ck from the first week he got released in crusade shop

If u wanna the truth he is the best tank (:
    Simply if any any one told u IE SIL etc any type of cc
    Can counter it answer them , is there any other tank that need
    Actually a counter ?

About ie legendary sil etc don't worry i have
    Tons of replays against ie most of then 8/10 are win

If he died don't get upset he is only a tank
    And no hero can tank better

Support him with sil for defense
    For attack if there was around 2-3 havey cc heroes
    Use ench
    My ench is o1 she give her first 15 health
    To ck the second 15health also ck but lower chance

Don't forget to use energy feeders i mean feed the enemy
    Like OC don't worry about any ult 70%of them will be waste on ck ult

If you wondering why ? Simply cuz ck is a tank he get energy and ult faster
    Than enemy midline so get sure they ult when ur ck ult if u didn't
    They will ult after ck own ult time end so this is very important

I run this team ck,fd,oc,mach,sil o2
    Ck,sh awesome team too

Your worst enemies probably are
    Only 3 heroes , hell boy , sq , ninja
    So for ninja don't forget to lvl up ut WM to o2
    For hell boys team use this ck,cw,vs,oc,hn
    Also SO in bad ass ck counter but rarely you find SO in arena

good luck bro

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Ran into CK, SH, IE, FD, DeB in arena today, all O2. I was able to beat that team with TF, DeB, FD, NA all O2, and Sil O1. CK got silenced, so he wasn't able to use his ulti, he died first.

Everyone was team lvl 94.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Dindin's Avatar
    The only thing i dont understand is why ppl say that adm/sk is better than ck because of dmg output. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dindin View Post
    The only thing i dont understand is why ppl say that adm/sk is better than ck because of dmg output. lol
    Situational. If I see a team with DeB/Silencer or in general heavy control, I'll use SK over CK.