Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] How to beat weak SQ team

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronic View Post
    I'm not at a PC to edit the replays I have but I will tonight. You can choose to believe me or not. I'm on a server with 90 cap and the top player is 85. So what I wrote may not apply to O+. I knew these forums were toxic but wow....
    SQ at lower levels was easier to deal with. You are not in 90+ level range so what you are saying does not apply.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I'm not at a PC to edit the replays I have but I will tonight. You can choose to believe me or not. I'm on a server with 90 cap and the top player is 85. So what I wrote may not apply to O+. I knew these forums were toxic but wow....
    I knew people were retarded but wow, you are on a server where the highest level is 85 and you are talking about about heroes that are 3-4 whole gear levels ahead of you. Thanks for your input.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    As you may know sh stand in front of hellboy,
    So dont dream so much my friend
    Sh cant tank alone

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    So as unlikely as it seems, i've gotten a team that consistently beats a 4* front SQ team. Keep in mind that it likely won't work if it's not on equal gear level.

Generally speaking, Front SQ setups are backed by any combination of the following: DM, FM, Ench, IE, Commando, Machinist. I've seen a TS in there too but that doesn't get used much.

This works: DM, SL, Commando, and either two of the following: EB, SI, CH, EM, IE or any other reliable mid (lacking a few geared)

The general idea is to minimize hits dealt and maximize output. DM creates a large gap between front and mid/rear to soak / avoid the initial few venom triggers. DM takes almost no damage from these as well due to opener and opening buff. This effect carries on if he heals or buffs armor more. Keyword is soak, so any other tank that can perform equally well and doesn't inadvertedly kill your own team with venom triggers works. Drunken, bear warrior, etc are not great candidates for this, but commander performs well.

Here's why this works (per hero)
    EB: Avoids most of the venom triggers, has magic shield to dampen impact of a few of them.
    CH: Can mind control SQ (happens almost always) which causes her venom to hit her own team, meaning good times. also heals !
    Silencer doesn't hit 5 times in 10 seconds and has no repeat attacks. Energy drain helps dampen counter ults.
    EM: Risky but dot on normal attacks means no counters while still having lots of damage dealt. Ult can instagib her if it crits.
    IE: duck curse can prevent toxic smog (2nd skill). Impale interrupts and ult can also instagib her.

The bottom line here is using minimal hit heroes with maximum impact. You can try to critgank her with machinist, NA and such but if that fails you gib your whole front and mid with counters. IE deals with silence, slow minimizes triggers, commando stuns early, etc.

Additionally rearline heroes that perform well without hitting too often (think PO, your own Ench, etc) can also work but i haven't extensively tested those.

This hasn't been tested with mix / 5/3* front SQ but at least it's something.

If a quote would apply here: make potholes, not gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by eVeN View Post
    Deathbringers ultimate doesn't stop Sq from triggering her 3rd skill Bro but he's still very good against her.
    dude... I never said Hellboy can shut down the 3rd skill...
    I use Hellboy because this DoT and magic res, and I don't have SH

Quote Originally Posted by Peetahpeet View Post
    And machinist can be a dual edged sword...if she's in the cocoon when your machinist uses his ultimate, he will kill your entire team.
    If you're using DV,FD,CW, Machinist is your own team killer bro,
    but if you plan your team right, my machinist can beat 3* team consistently

Quote Originally Posted by scarlet28 View Post
    fucking teoretic
    author - idiot. We dont need your hypotese we need DEAL.

Make screenshoots and video.

fucking teoretic
    fucking retard... instead of always whining, why not give it a try?
    I will show you 10 screenshot I can beat some SQ team 10 times in row with this simple understanding.

ES, IE, Silencer, DM all get slowed and die before they could do anything to SQ. These heroes even have 300+ magic resistance but SQ tear them appart like paper.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvothe901 View Post
    I knew people were retarded but wow, you are on a server where the highest level is 85 and you are talking about about heroes that are 3-4 whole gear levels ahead of you. Thanks for your input.
    Is there really any need for name calling? Both SH and DW have the MR to survive the burst, Necro would boost what MR they'd alrdy have and the remainder would be backline dps. Is that "retarded" information to beating SQ? No need for your attitude. I gave what people have used against me and what I use against SQ. If I'm wrong, just say so, there is not need for your bigotry.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Is there really any need for name calling? Both SH and DW have the MR to survive the burst, Necro would boost what MR they'd alrdy have and the remainder would be backline dps. Is that "retarded" information to beating SQ? No need for your attitude. I gave what people have used against me and what I use against SQ. If I'm wrong, just say so, there is not need for your bigotry.
    You werent wrong but DW wont apply to O2. His o2 resistance is 370s.. same with majority of mages. True he has skills to boost but its rely on luck. O2 meta, cc is big part. DW is too inconsistant in normal battles let alone SQ teams.

What works at 85 dont work at 90+. Its clear this thread is about o2 meta although not mentioned anywhere, not even o1 is relevant. While your input is valuable, do state what level it is relevant to.

Please do not theory craft something you havent experience yet w/o disclosure. Thank you.

Note that : You must read the title!
    I never claim this can be used to beat hard team like TF/SQ/EB,
    but this work against some SQ team, especially if SQ is on front.

Ok... this is some of the result,

First, SQ as tanks so this is not hard... Commando stun helps a lot

Hellboy-Mac-Silencer-Com-Mystic works wonders

Substitute: OC, DM, Leaf also works...

Again, when SQ as tank

Now, If he use WC or IH

You can also subs FD in if you think he can survive, but most of the time he gets killed before or right after he transform

hope this helps...

SH is not feasible as main tank, despite his high magic res. He gets killed easily as main tank.
    At current meta, SQ + enchantress + manipulator is too powerful for SH as main tank. The problem with SH is again his position is in front of hellboy. Otherwise, hellboy and SH will be a good pair.

I have tried O2 maxed SH as main tank against SQ +enchantress + manipulator, it was ugly.

O0 meta is very different from O2, better change the title too.

Most mages at O2 gain significant magic power, magic crit and for some ridiculously high ignore magic res....

Quote Originally Posted by wnforce083 View Post
    You werent wrong but DW wont apply to O2. His o2 resistance is 370s.. same with majority of mages. True he has skills to boost but its rely on luck. O2 meta, cc is big part. DW is too inconsistant in normal battles let alone SQ teams.

What works at 85 dont work at 90+. Its clear this thread is about o2 meta although not mentioned anywhere, not even o1 is relevant. While your input is valuable, do state what level it is relevant to.

Please do not theory craft something you havent experience yet w/o disclosure. Thank you.
    correction... I'm just 0+0, few days away into o+1 and o+2
    If this doesn't work on o+2, I'm sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by hellozero View Post
    SH is not feasible as main tank, despite his high magic res. He gets killed easily as main tank.
    At current meta, SQ + enchantress + manipulator is too powerful for SH as main tank. The problem with SH is again his position is in front of hellboy. Otherwise, hellboy and SH will be a good pair.

I have tried O2 maxed SH as main tank against SQ +enchantress + manipulator, it was ugly.
    That manipulator can do crazy things. I'd love to use her more once she hopefully gets released next month in crusade.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Dw MR like a paper when his early shield down.
    But hes deadly with sq team.
    Try
    Turtle dw ninja sq ie.