Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] How to beat weak SQ team

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

[Guide] How to beat weak SQ team

Important note: (Before you start complaining)
    • This is only tested in o+0 because lvl.90 is few days a way for me
      You can hope this also work on o+2 but If not, then I'm sorry buddy
    • This is only tested to 3* SQ...
      You can hope this also work on 4* or 5* but If not, then I'm sorry ... :P
    • This is only tested to some easy SQ team
      This is not working on TF/SQ/IE or other variation of hardcore SQ Team, I'm really sorry this time... Lol...

This is also a great post with example by No1Knows : here

Ok, for people still struggle to beat weak SQ team, this is my solution...

As we know, the most dangerous SQ skills is the 3rd skill that does AOE damage to your front and mid-line heroes each time she gets hit.
    to counter this is you put less and specific heroes on front and mid-line, if you stack and random pick your heroes on front and mid-line then it's a free kill for SQ...

first, for back line you should can put any back-line you need because they doesn't receive the 3rd skill damage. COM (If SQ is tank), Leaf, Mystic (If SQ team doesn't have ninja), WM, Witch is good choice.

then next you need at least a front-line/tanker so your back line is safe from the 3rd skill...
    Your tank will always receive the 3rd skill damage, so... it will be best the tank to have high magic resist to minimize the damage. The best is SH but If you don't have SH, Hellboy is also a good choice too because his magic resist is among the best, and his DoT if luckily cast on SQ, very helpful to kill SQ without triggering the 3rd skill.
    Another good choice in my is:
    - LE
    - DK (his auras)
    - EB o+1 ( good because of shield, invuln and good magic resist at o+1, thanks to No1Knows)

and last ... for the mid-line, this line also will always receive the 3rd skill damage. So, don't put DV/VS/CW/FD/Ninja/HN or any physical heroes here at any cost because their magic res sucks, also avoid to put squishy hero like ES/FM because they will die before they can do anything. Here, You should put mages because they usually have high magic res and they must be the high-survival one, for me silencer is a must because of the good HP and he is also important to shut down SQ companion.
    - You can also add another high-survival/good magic res mage here like Necro, Machinist, OC, DM.
    - Note that your mid line heroes will get benefit to charge up and cast ulti faster because they receive damage and energy from the 3rd skill.
    - This line is optional, means... you can use team without using any mid-line to beat SQ (thanks to No1Knows)

my form that works so far against weak SQ form (tested):
    Hellboy - Sil - Com - Leaf - Mystic
    Hellboy - Mac - Sil - Com - Leaf
    Hellboy - DM - Mac - Sil - Leaf

I think this will also work:
    SH - Sil - Necro - Mystic - Witch
    SH - Sil - Necro - Leaf - Mystic
    SH - Necro - Mac - Sil - Mystic

ok, that's what a noobs know... please correct me if I'm wrong ...
    and please try it and tell me your success story screenshot if you can...

----
    Anyway, for people that think that SQ is okay and doesn't need to be nerfed, just shut up and gtfo from this thread
    Can be countered like this doesn't mean it's not broken
    SQ is so broken, especially for attack... no more strategy, tactics and brain needed if you have SQ... you see Panda/WC/DV/AS/VS/FD/Ninja/CW/HN just attack it using SQ, it will be a free win.
    When SQ is released for everyone, all front and mid line physical heroes will become useless trash-tier hero, worse than PK and Death Gore

Problems arise when SQ is not the tank, and let's say there's a TF in the mix. That TF roll will remove all focus from the SQ. I do agree with you, single target heroes are a MUST at countering SQ. But if SQ team has a heavy hitting FD , a CCing IE and a rolling around TF, that's gonna be harder to win. My guess

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    The problem is not defeating it. True strong sq teams are hard to crack: tf/sq/hellboy/ie/eb, but its rare. Weak teams are not hard.

Problem with sq is defending against it and at the same time defend against fd teams. Strong sq defenders are prone to fd / vice versa.

I d love to hear a team can defend even at 40% win rate against both formations.

Quote Originally Posted by vghindaru View Post
    Problems arise when SQ is not the tank, and let's say there's a TF in the mix. That TF roll will remove all focus from the SQ. I do agree with you, single target heroes are a MUST at countering SQ. But if SQ team has a heavy hitting FD , a CCing IE and a rolling around TF, that's gonna be harder to win. My guess
    yep... I agree... that's why I put the title "beat weak SQ team".
    This can't counter the ultimate SQ team

Quote Originally Posted by wnforce083 View Post
    The problem is not defeating it. True strong sq teams are hard to crack: tf/sq/hellboy/ie/eb, but its rare. Weak teams are not hard.

Problem with sq is defending against it and at the same time defend against fd teams. Strong sq defenders are prone to fd / vice versa.

I d love to hear a team can defend even at 40% win rate against both formations.
    nah... you can't defend SQ team... Lets say you miraculously find how to beat the ultimate tf/sq/eb...
    You can't put it on defense team dude... those VW-EB / FD-NA guy will eat you easily

That's why I said SQ is so broken, It ruin this great games. but at least we have to do our best until its get fixed

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    I believe this counter is for attacking SQ teams not defending so if someone with Sq takes your rank u can take it back

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Deathbringers ultimate doesn't stop Sq from triggering her 3rd skill Bro but he's still very good against her.

And machinist can be a dual edged sword...if she's in the cocoon when your machinist uses his ultimate, he will kill your entire team.

If I were to theorycraft a team that can attack and defend against sq team that team would be: DeB SH Cmndr IE Sil, and I think this can also fend off most teams

Banned Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by aabenroi View Post
    I think this will also work:

fucking teoretic

Banned Contributor Level 8
    author - idiot. We dont need your hypotese we need DEAL.

Make screenshoots and video.

fucking teoretic

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    SH and DW(Dwarf Warrior) work well to soak damage. Hellboy with his ult may or may it target SQ so imo not reliable. IF you do plan on using a damage tank like DM (Drunken Master) or NA/FD add Necromancer to your team to boost everyone's MR to survive the burst.

Frontline SQ teams can be beat with StormLord as well. Knocks SQ to the back so she stops taking dmg enough for you to clean up the rest of th team (worked about 40% attacking SQ team). Against a balanced SQ team with a tank and mixed dmg, you will need to tweak your team.

My server has ~9 SQ users with 2 5* SQ users quit/break. People smart enough and stubborn enough will find a way to beat SQ and take that 1-2 spot. For that, they have my admiration for coming up with an effective strategy. People complaining about SQ just aren't putting in the effort and just want to faceroll everything. I regularly face 4-5 SQs on Hard Crusade and have no problems winning. Quit whinning and come up with a strategy.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronic View Post
    SH and DW(Dwarf Warrior) work well to soak damage. Hellboy with his ult may or may it target SQ so imo not reliable. IF you do plan on using a damage tank like DM (Drunken Master) or NA/FD add Necromancer to your team to boost everyone's MR to survive the burst.

Frontline SQ teams can be beat with StormLord as well. Knocks SQ to the back so she stops taking dmg enough for you to clean up the rest of th team (worked about 40% attacking SQ team). Against a balanced SQ team with a tank and mixed dmg, you will need to tweak your team.

My server has ~9 SQ users with 2 5* SQ users quit/break. People smart enough and stubborn enough will find a way to beat SQ and take that 1-2 spot. For that, they have my admiration for coming up with an effective strategy. People complaining about SQ just aren't putting in the effort and just want to faceroll everything. I regularly face 4-5 SQs on Hard Crusade and have no problems winning. Quit whinning and come up with a strategy.
    Can you provide proof of anything you have said? Anything at all, because it really sounds like you just made a bunch of shit up.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvothe901 View Post
    Can you provide proof of anything you have said? Anything at all, because it really sounds like you just made a bunch of shit up.
    I'm not at a PC to edit the replays I have but I will tonight. You can choose to believe me or not. I'm on a server with 90 cap and the top player is 85. So what I wrote may not apply to O+. I knew these forums were toxic but wow....

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Lol scarlet is always whining and looking for proof and calling people idiots why don't you try what he has suggested