Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: version 2.0 preview with screenshots!!!

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

version 2.0 preview with screenshots!!!

someone in korean hc community uploaded 30+screenshots of 2.0ver.

he and i don't know how to update to 2.0. maybe bug like things.

anyway, i introduce version 2.0 previews with 30+screenshots.

but this forum allows only 4 images.

so visit this site to see screenshots:
    Korean : http://www.playfam.com/c/view/20470/2174/991316

maybe almost you guys can't read korean. so I translated it in this blog:
    English : http://hc.wikiblog.esy.es/version-2-...h-screenshots/
    (you can click context-table on the right)

i guess this new interface and graphics will be apllied in the next 2.0 update.

Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    The version 2.0 is a new game engine using Unity 3D. Rest assured we will publish it in the near future with a bug-free and better user experience patch.
    maybe ucool will change game engine because of the lawsuit.

let's see these screensthots and discuss ver.2.0.

give me your thought
    Arch(6844660) / Server-48 Storn / Guild : Sinister(110011934) / Location : South Korea
    Welcome to Heroes Charge Playfam which is the biggest korean HC community : http://www.playfam.com/comm/heroescharge
    Korean translator for : http://heroescharge.help

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Feels very promising

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    So far it only seem like a change in graphics, hope it brings new content too

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    But still don't change the Intro/Loading screen, lol

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 KimoD's Avatar
    No new content..if was one was the first screen after the intro.Anyway i graphic update is cool.
    Sever 21 Brute (Merged Hell 21-26)
    TL 105 NON-VIP : 26.6 - 87 | 9.7 - 88 | 26.7 89 | 17.8 - 90 | 16.9 - 91 | 21.10 - 92 | 18.11 - 93 | 19.12.2015 - 94 | 23.1.2016 - 95 | 23.2 - 96 | 25.3 - 97 | 26.4 - 98 | 27.5 - 99 | 28.6 - 100 | 22.8 - 101 | 5.10 - 102 | 2.12.2016 - 103 | 10.2.2017 - 104 | 16.6 - 105 | 27.8 - 106
    Guild : BIGBANGBRO
    Heros : 120 / 128
    Stars : 552
    AHP : 1.25mil+

http://hcharge.tk/ - Hero Charge Stats Calculator

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    I think the most important thing here is that the game engine has been converted from Cocos3dx to Unity 3D, meaning that every single line of code was rewritten by uCool developers.

It may seem like nothing has changed when in fact everything changed, it's more of an infrastructure patch than actual content - enabling uCool to implement everything they can think of faster than ever.

They may throw a few extras in this patch for us (new difficulties for trials/portals are the easiest to implement) but I'm quite optimistic about future updates to our game.
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon7

Quote Originally Posted by [BG]Archon View Post
    I think the most important thing here is that the game engine has been converted from Cocos3dx to Unity 3D, meaning that every single line of code was rewritten by uCool developers.

It may seem like nothing has changed when in fact everything changed, it's more of an infrastructure patch than actual content - enabling uCool to implement everything they can think of faster than ever.

They may throw a few extras in this patch for us (new difficulties for trials/portals are the easiest to implement) but I'm quite optimistic about future updates to our game.
    you're definitly right. and 'using unity 3d engine' means we can connect to hc by normal website, facebook page or ect. without bluestack.
    Arch(6844660) / Server-48 Storn / Guild : Sinister(110011934) / Location : South Korea
    Welcome to Heroes Charge Playfam which is the biggest korean HC community : http://www.playfam.com/comm/heroescharge

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Can ucool do that ?
    When last time they did, arena is broken like hell

Quote Originally Posted by glitteringlust View Post
    Can ucool do that ?
    When last time they did, arena is broken like hell
    I think this is what they've been doing for the last couple of months, it also explains why we didn't get new features (why invest in reverse-engineering code you didn't write in Cocos3dx when you know it will be replaced in a few months) and their lack of communication - from our side, they basically did "nothing".

This will both render Lilith's lawsuit obsolete (a different game engine entirely) and enable them to implement every new feature they can think of.

I'm sure there will be bugs, but they'll fix them fast - it's their code now

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Yeah this is huge. Now they can make their own content to their hearts content and it also explains why they've been sluggish about coming out with new stuff. I anticipate good things following this patch if this is legit.

yes. now ucool have their own code, so they can do what they didn't in last few months.

in or after 2.0 patch there will be new feature, improving user experience, communication and fast term for patch.

i hope they finish their work asap, the best make it in september.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Them going through the effort to change game engines means they are serious about keeping this game alive.

I'm optimistic for good things to come in the future for HC.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Very much looking forward for own coding! Which mean there will be plenty of excitement in future!
    Server 68

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by [BG]Archon View Post
    I think this is what they've been doing for the last couple of months, it also explains why we didn't get new features (why invest in reverse-engineering code you didn't write in Cocos3dx when you know it will be replaced in a few months) and their lack of communication - from our side, they basically did "nothing".

This will both render Lilith's lawsuit obsolete (a different game engine entirely) and enable them to implement every new feature they can think of.

I'm sure there will be bugs, but they'll fix them fast - it's their code now
    They use Unity3D, that the thing I worry about. It's easy to 'code' in Unity3D, coders don't really code, they add script for object's behaviours, like tell object what to do in some conditions, but 3D engine is not editable. It's easier to code but harder to fix bug (if there are bugs).

I'm not sure how HC battle happen in Unity3D, is that 2D, 2.5D or real 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    They use Unity3D, that the thing I worry about. It's easy to 'code' in Unity3D, coders don't really code, they add script for object's behaviours, like tell object what to do in some conditions, but 3D engine is not editable. It's easier to code but harder to fix bug (if there are bugs).

I'm not sure how HC battle happen in Unity3D, is that 2D, 2.5D or real 3D.
    I'm not sure if you ever written anything in Unity3D, but that's how game engines work (exactly like Cocos3dx)- saying this is not "coding" is a bit degrading.

if you read the bugs some users posted about v2.0.0.47 you'd see that they're not that big - have some faith.