Thread: Troops appearing inside walls

Troops appearing inside walls

been attacked in a match where troops appeared next to my townhouse and no space is available there for troop deployment

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    If you have traps, etc filling space, troops can be landed .. found out the hard way on a replay!

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Spikes hide openings especially well because the graphic is the spike when you place it down you may not see the hole since they do not actually cover the gap.

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar
    Please contact customer support and we will have staff check into this issue. Thanks.

troops should not appear inside enclosed walls period, whether there is an open hole in that area or not, as long as the walls completely encircle the area.

how can 30 grunts appear inside a castle? are they grunt wizards with magic teleport into city ability?

(this is sarcasm. there is a bug here that allows troops to be placed inside walls)

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    It is possible to create gaps within the walled areas if different sized objects are placed next to each other.

As others have said, traps also allow entry.

Watch your replay, and it should show where the holes are.

I understand that the paratrooper attack should not be an option, but this game was programmed by Evony guys.

So what else do you need to know?

Troops are dropped inside my walls right on top of a rally spot. No there is no open hole that will allow troops to drop there, is this a glitch or a cheat.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    This has been happening since closed beta, when the attacker can apparently place the alliance castle inside the defenders walls, usually on top of a structure. The troops then appear to be coming out of the defenders town hall, cannons, storages etc. When this occurs the nearby defenses will not fire. Crossbows, cannon, catapults, archer, wizard & elysian towers all stop firing. The troops from the attackers alliance castle can then destroy large sections of the city with no resistance.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by <SEX>Weth View Post
    This has been happening since closed beta, when the attacker can apparently place the alliance castle inside the defenders walls, usually on top of a structure. The troops then appear to be coming out of the defenders town hall, cannons, storages etc. When this occurs the nearby defenses will not fire. Crossbows, cannon, catapults, archer, wizard & elysian towers all stop firing. The troops from the attackers alliance castle can then destroy large sections of the city with no resistance.
    Actually, that's just a replay glitch. They never fully fixed replays after they had been broken early on in Open Beta. For some reason, it will always display reinforcements being dropped in the wrong spot, as well as defenses not firing despite units appearing to be in range. I have tested this out, so it's a weird one. I don't know how something DIRECTLY records something incorrectly, but they've found a way to make it happen. :')