Thread: scorpion queen toxic smog skill bugged or intended mechanics ?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

scorpion queen toxic smog skill bugged or intended mechanics ?

The skill tip says, Alisa curls up and release toxic smog, dealing AoE magic damage to nearby enemies, during which she receives reduced PHYSICAL damage.

However, the skill level up tip says reduces incoming damage by XX% and didn't specify incoming damage type.

When I tested, it seems that during toxic smog phase she receives reduced damage from ALL source, including magic.

Is this intended or a bug? There are self-contradictory tool tips/description. Please clarify, thanks!

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader
    It's intended. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Zäschi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader
    It's intended. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    So basically you say that your tooltips are pretty much a lie? Put some sense into them!
    I cannot clarify heroes into their respective category if we cannot trust what the skill tooltips say...cmon man, do your job right...it is not that hard.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader
    UPDATE:
    Please note that the 4th Skill increases Spell Resistance which is the cause that you take less damage from Magics. And our developer confirmed that the 2nd Skill only reduces physical damage. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Zäschi's Avatar
    Dear Leader
    UPDATE:
    Please note that the 4th Skill increases Spell Resistance which is the cause that you take less damage from Magics. And our developer confirmed that the 2nd Skill only reduces physical damage. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    Fast and clear - Thanks for that!

Dear Leader
    UPDATE:

Best Regards
    Betty
    Is the magic res from 4th skil included in her stats in the displayed panel?

If its already included, it is still not right. As other tanks with much higher magic res will take more dmg from magic spells. If it is not included, then Ucool should. Because other types of passive stats increases, such as DV's dodge, SO's str are all included and displayed.

Right now it doesnt look like its included. I have mine at lv92 with 3 orange 1 pueces so 4th skill adds aditional 182 magic res but it only shows "249+62". This doesnt look correct at all.

And if thats the case, it would explain the difference between observed magic dmg taken in tests as an additional 182 magic res would make her total magic res higher than O2maxed admiral and is comparable to o2 maxed death bringer. Then the numbers i saw during tests will make sense.

Can you please check on that? Thanks!

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellozero View Post
    Is the magic res from 4th skil included in her stats in the displayed panel?

If its already included, it is still not right. As other tanks with much higher magic res will take more dmg from magic spells. If it is not included, then Ucool should. Because other types of passive stats increases, such as DV's dodge, SO's str are all included and displayed.

Right now it doesnt look like its included. I have mine at lv92 with 3 orange 1 pueces so 4th skill adds aditional 182 magic res but it only shows "249+62". This doesnt look correct at all.

And if thats the case, it would explain the difference between observed magic dmg taken in tests as an additional 182 magic res would make her total magic res higher than O2maxed admiral and is comparable to o2 maxed death bringer. Then the numbers i saw during tests will make sense.

Can you please check on that? Thanks!
    Unlike Passive skills, Auras are not included in the stats panel, don't ask me why.

(I found that out while working on my excel comparison tool)
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon8

SQ's 4th skill is not an aura, it only applies to herself, different from Necromancer or DK's aura skill, rather it is more in line with SO's Elder strength or DM's sinister aspect.

So it should be included in the display panel.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellozero View Post
    SQ's 4th skill is not an aura, it only applies to herself, different from Necromancer or DK's aura skill, rather it is more in line with SO's Elder strength or DM's sinister aspect.

So it should be included in the display panel.
    I see, does the tooltip says "Passive: "? I'm guessing not (don't have her), so it's not defined as a passive skill and is not calculated into the stats panal.

Here are her stats from my excel (O2 TL92 5s maxed) , is this what you see in her stats panal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scorpqueen.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	7179
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon8

Quote Originally Posted by [BG]Archon View Post
    I see, does the tooltip says "Passive: "? I'm guessing not (don't have her), so it's not defined as a passive skill and is not calculated into the stats panal.

Here are her stats from my excel (O2 TL92 5s maxed) , is this what you see in her stats panal?

Name:	scorpqueen.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	7179
    It is not annotated as passive skill or aura in game. But theoretically, it should interpreted as a passive, exactly the same as DM's sinister aspect.

I think ucool forgot to define this skill as this is the very new hero they came up by themselves and there was no code to copy.

As for the numbers, I don't have 5 star SQ, but your numbers seems correct. Here is a 3 star O2 maxed SQ stats

Again, Magic res displayed doesn't include the 4th skill bonus, which is another 182.

Name:	IMG_2864.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	7183