Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there still a need for War Chief?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

Is there still a need for War Chief?

Hey everybody

I am going to start over and i am wondering if, in times of Dwarf Warrior, Crossed Knight and co., the War Chief is still a Must-Have for arena.

Any opinions with explanation will be appreciated, so thanks in advance

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    he never was a must have - it's always your choise who to put and where, u can use sniper at lvl 90 in arena if u would like to
    but it would make u a very bad player for sure

just kiddin' but the answer is still no, I can see teams without a tank at all but fallen dominion as a tank, after the 90's and the Lagendaries enter to the game WC will dissapear and Admiral, shallows or even death bringer will replace him

he is quiet well between lvl 87-90, in the 73-87 the drunken master is the best tank, then WC, and then it's just your choise who to put

non is must have
    Server number 101 - Kronnak, search for HXCfighter
    Reached lvl 90 on 9.2.15

Quote Originally Posted by HXCfighter View Post
    he never was a must have - it's always your choise who to put and where, u can use sniper at lvl 90 in arena if u would like to

just kiddin' but the answer is still no, I can see teams without a tank at all but fallen dominion as a tank, after the 90's and the Lagendaries enter to the game WC will dissapear and Admiral, shallows or even death bringer will replace him

he is quiet well between lvl 87-90, in the 73-87 the drunken master is the best tank, then WC, and then it's just your choise who to put

non is must have
    This is untrue. He's still a force to be reckoned with at 90+ O2.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 ViorelTM's Avatar
    One of the most used tanks from level 1-90.
    His life steal aura makes him the perfect tank for physical teams, and his revive skill makes him a great tank.
    He is not tanky enough at Orange+2 to choose him over Admiral or Shallows Keeper.
    With his purple skill, he only gains 13.5K HP when he revives (adds up to 57K) which doesn't offset his low armor and magic resistance.
    Not to mention his ultimate skill is probably one of the most useless.
    Better too late than too early

He's also a natural tank counter to IE which is important right now.

If i were to start over i would totally got with DW over WC

Quote Originally Posted by Pleadthefif View Post
    This is untrue. He's still a force to be reckoned with at 90+ O2.
    he's a good tank for sure I didn't say he is not

but after the L skills taking place in the game he is much less tanky then others
    Server number 101 - Kronnak, search for HXCfighter
    Reached lvl 90 on 9.2.15

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracolord View Post
    Hey everybody

I am going to start over and i am wondering if, in times of Dwarf Warrior, Crossed Knight and co., the War Chief is still a Must-Have for arena.

Any opinions with explanation will be appreciated, so thanks in advance
    depend on what level. 90+ he is definitely not tier 1. Too many tanks surpass him in gears and functionality. In early games, he is well balanced in terms of defense, offense, functionality and easily obtainable.

basically right now still cant decide yet until WC Legendary skill has been released. I think if u really start over, u can still farm his SS, not gearing him up first until his L is announced.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

non is must have
    I agree.
    WC needs his legendary skill.

The main problem is that at level 51, when the purple era starts, the Dwarf Warrior will be easily 5 stars whereas the War Chief will have 3 stars if I got him from a chest.

And the Dwarf is also dealing a lot of damage, holds the possibility of healing himself and gets some decent stat boosts through his skills.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    at low levels dwarf can ulti almost every battle and he can tank long enough for your backline. wc on the other hand sucks and he deals less damage than dwarf i would go with dwarf. wc still overused though but i'm seeing more dwarfs in arena teams on a newer server.

he's a good tank for sure I didn't say he is not

but after the L skills taking place in the game he is much less tanky then others
    Of course he is less tanky than SK or Adm. That's not the point. Like someone said above his life steal is important but here is where I think he really shines: In the end game meta your seeing more and more IE as people 5* and L him. This is because everyone and their mother is using ninja. WC is awesome for two reasons. He will consume a IE ult at low HP not give the kill energy boost and then revive as opposed to a tankier Adm or SK taking the full scope of the ult. After he dies the opponent's line will move forward and he stands up and rocks midlines. His dps is legit at O2.

Anyone talking about DW is crazy in my eyes. His ult misses the better part of 50%. His buff is completely random and can be completely frustrating a lot of the time. I'm seeing a ton of people talk about him at so and so level. But if you're looking for endgame and top tier arena advice, DW is NOT a top tier tank. Meanwhile, WC is clearly one of the best 3 tanks available.

This will likely change when TF is available to the masses. We'll see how crossed knight plays out because of his lack of dps, I'm not sold yet. But my advice to the OP is do not skimp on WC. All you have to do is look at the top 10 teams on literally any server to see that WC is still a top tier tank, with or without his L skill. Anyone saying otherwise is either a low level player or misguided.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    lol, when I first started there were tons of threads complaining about WC being way op.
    SK, pretty much no one wanted him and the few that did recommend him got flamed pretty hard. He was on many of the most useless hero lists.
    I wound up just farming and gearing them both anyway because they were easy to get. Both are pretty consistent in there roles from early purple straight through.
    Can't say too much about the Dwarf, I never leveled or geared him, but so far I am not seeing much in the way of top arena teams using him. WC is always in a few of the top 10 in the 88-90 range still, SK likely in many above that level.
    Admiral, SK and TF would be my prediction for the top 3- 90 + up tanks, with WC used often in the mix of teams as an off tank.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 ViorelTM's Avatar
    Today i was playing in booty cave.

So i find a team with DW P+3 as tank. I was playing WC P+3.

WC P+3 vs DW P+3

My WC survived more because of his second life(DW died same time when WC lose his first life) but surprisingly the stats : WC damage was 12k and DW damage 17k (but his ulti missed).
    Better too late than too early