Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "arguably" best tanks?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 haru18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queeg View Post
    I was really just aiming at lv 90+ O+2 heroes as orange heroes have been aroud for ages. Psychopath has never been a solo tank, but is a must for lord of caves/robot fighter and good in magic only trials.

So to reiterate at O+2:

tank Tier 1:
    Admiral L
    Shallows Keeper L
    Death Bringer

Tier 2:
    Ironhoof
    War Chief

Tier 3:
    Death Knight
    Brute
    Savage One
    Mountain

Tier 4:
    Deathgore

DPS/Tank:
    Bear Warrior L
    Drunken Master
    Commander
    Fallen Dominion

Agree/Disagree?

What's the stance on Warrior Monk as an off-front? 3 stunning skills.
    Crossed Knight is a mystery right now.
    placing mountain in t3 is kind of questionable since I haven't seen any mountain's video. Maybe he can be placed higher or even lower

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    It depends on your team. If you want a meat shield then SK is your choice. Admiral is the runner up. Third choice here is IH.

Gamble: IH has no legendary as he is now, if/when he gets one he could be the meatiest tank. My advice is SK or Admiral as you meat shiled now and if you are plentyfull of items then slowly work on your IH.

DeB is another tank you can work slowly on because he just like IH lacks a legendery item. DeB has other more frontal things that hoof lacks.

But if you want a pure pure meat tank that just shall stand there and take a beating then a O+2 SK is the one that you need. He also as admiral got descent ammount of control skills.

as far as the other front characters go I would suggest you work slowly on the following.
    Cleric
    Soul hunter
    Death Knight.

these have hugh capabileties once their legendary status comes.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Is Shallows Keeper (L) really so good?

On my server (27) nearly noone use him in the top-arena. Admiral, Death Bringer, VW and Psychopath are the most used.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    SK leg preferable versus team that have many disables.
    Legendary skills really that good, legendary admiral sometimes just die before release ults cause of stuns.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    I had a fight with a o+2 WC, i had a full o+1 Admiral. WC killed her with half his life still remaining.

Are you sure WC is worst than her? I always had the feeling he is a better tank than her. I somehow believe that his life steal overcomes her bigger health pool.

Has anyone have both at o+2 and can tell us how they compare?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Ruofeng's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zissop View Post
    I had a fight with a o+2 WC, i had a full o+1 Admiral. WC killed her with half his life still remaining.

Are you sure WC is worst than her? I always had the feeling he is a better tank than her. I somehow believe that his life steal overcomes her bigger health pool.

Has anyone have both at o+2 and can tell us how they compare?
    You are talking about a fight between WC and Admiral... Of course WC is gonna win with his lifesteal compared to Admiral's poor attacks.
    WC is a more offensive tank than Admiral. In term of pure tank, Admiral can take more damage than WC.
    [Vip]Ruofeng
    Team Level 93
    Guild : Vip.Kor
    Server 30 - Commando

If WC can take down admiral easily then his team has an advantage. I cant follow what you try to say. A dead tank cant take more damage.

I also said life steal is maybe something we have to consider.

Do you have them both at o+2 or just assuming by their stats as most people here?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by zissop View Post
    If WC can take down admiral easily then his team has an advantage. I cant follow what you try to say. A dead tank cant take more damage.

I also said life steal is maybe something we have to consider.

Do you have them both at o+2 or just assuming by their stats as most people here?
    The thing is. It's never about tank's dps, it's about how can he survive the storm.

Current arena fight usually consist of initial aoe, next 10-12 seconds, and ult phase. It's 12-15k initial magic damage, 20-25k with FD, HN, casters and then comes ult skill exchange and someone stays alive.

Adm holds 1st phase pretty well. 2nd phase she is still ok, and sometimes can ult herself and change the 3rd phase completely.

WC holds 1st phase worse than Adm. In 2nd phase he deals some extra damage, bit his 3rd phase nerev happens, those 13.5k hp he revives with get nuked in a bit.

So if you plan to win in 2nd phase and kill em all before they ult, try WC, could work.

I dont say wc is better, actually i use admiral after all. But i ask again, has anybody have both at o+2 and tell us how they compare?

If no, i will tell when i make both o+2.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    War chief is for digging your own grave. His physical armor from Orange to O2 is essentially unchanged. Generally not very useful anymore.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Difference between O+2 WC and Admiral (with her L gear) at Lv 90

HP ~9500 + 3960 for L skill (total of ~13500)
    Physical Attack ~500
    Magical Power ~350
    Armor ~150
    Resist ~40

All in favor of admiral, in exchange you get a second life worth 13500 and 88 extra life steal. I once counted the life steal formula in Gods Rush (same source code), so I'd say it's the same here and Admiral transfers 20% of physical damage done to health while WC would steal about 36% You need to ask yourself, if the 16% extra stolen for him is worth all the minuses he gets compared to Admiral. (a hero with no base LS will be stealing about 16% when paired with WC).

My opinion is that he needs his legendary quest quick and it needs to do something useful plus his gear needs some serious armor/resist buff.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I can see Admiral L is very reccommended, also Shallows (L of course) very interesting
    Server number 101 - Kronnak, search for HXCfighter
    Reached lvl 90 on 9.2.15

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I feel DW and Admiral will be the best tank moving forward. Savage and WC were good at early to mid level but are an absolute waste now.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    yah I don't see much of Dwarf Warrior on this. The guy can definitely take a beating. Plus, paired with commando you can bunch them up pretty tight. AS, and FM, DM love those bunched up teams.

Havent tried it in the arena though so Not sure if it would work, but I had been thinking about trying it out.

Tried DW with FM, DM, AS and phoenix just to mess around. Made quick work of the other team, but my energy was already pretty high so i got off a few ultimates.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Dindin's Avatar
    Cross knight is the most tough tank i ever saw on this game. lol

Turning ie O2 L crit ult into a scratch of 4k dmg being 3* O+0 Lol