Thread: upgraded to orange +1 and now they suck

Silver Member Contributor Level 4

upgraded to orange +1 and now they suck

Today I upgraded Drunken Master and Arcane sapper from orange, to orange +1.
    Drunken master got full enchanted demon's arrow and Arcane Sapper got demon's arrow and Kylin Blood and all around shoes both full enchanted (500 enchanted points each, so it's 2000 enchanted point total).
    And now guess what?, When i do Cursed city (this is what i tried right now) at difficult 6, my entire team dies on 3/3.
    Before the upgrade of the 2 characters, i usually do difficult 6 with no problems at all.

Now looks like the upgrade from orange to orange +1 get my 2 players suck more than they were orange.... Really are you kidding me? If you upgrade, now u get less strong?

WTF is going on there? Hope someone can explain to me the situation

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    You only hv 2 or 3 items for O+1. Of course your heroes will be weaker than O 5 items full enchanted.
    Server:19
    Name:St.Katsuragi
    TL:93
    Guild:Sanctus

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    When i see those post... I would say that "Contact support" must be flooded by a lot of "noob unknowledge sentence" (don't know I can write it like that)

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Hero View Post
    Today I upgraded Drunken Master and Arcane sapper from orange, to orange +1.
    Drunken master got full enchanted demon's arrow and Arcane Sapper got demon's arrow and Kylin Blood and all around shoes both full enchanted (500 enchanted points each, so it's 2000 enchanted point total).
    And now guess what?, When i do Cursed city (this is what i tried right now) at difficult 6, my entire team dies on 3/3.
    Before the upgrade of the 2 characters, i usually do difficult 6 with no problems at all.

Now looks like the upgrade from orange to orange +1 get my 2 players suck more than they were orange.... Really are you kidding me? If you upgrade, now u get less strong?

WTF is going on there? Hope someone can explain to me the situation
    Sorry for your demise.

But I am also grateful that you've made this mistake and warned us all. I will not be upgrading to Orange 1 or 2 until the new chapters are released. No one has the time or coins for grand arena gearing for O1 and O2 when you should be able to obtain those items from the unreleased chapters. It's a total rip off.
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Bro. Do u know that if u do not have at least 4 equipment for your new rank u shouldn't even promote? Because u lose all you equipment and enchanted. In short u nerfed your hero...

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Yup why is my heroe weaker with only 2 items haha really how are you lv90 and still an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Statyx View Post
    When i see those post... I would say that "Contact support" must be flooded by a lot of "noob unknowledge sentence" (don't know I can write it like that)
    Jesus so many pros here.... BTW just tell me where i can find those infos ingame. Forums are made for questions, if u find my question stupid, feel free to close the tab on your browser without insulting anyone,

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend View Post
    Yup why is my heroe weaker with only 2 items haha really how are you lv90 and still an idiot
    the same way u are a moron for offending someone u didn't know behind a monitor and a keyboard.

I never played games like this before till I started HC, and I was assuming that if someone will promote to orange (for example) into orange +1 must gain and retain some strenght, (at least the old level + items) if not why upgrade? to gain a slight health? this doesn't make any sense to me.
    Plus I have read some guides here made by players, and never read anything about this. So next time just respond to my question and keep insults on your keyboard, i don't need them, i just need answers

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Like others have said, you need to have the gear pieces to fully optimize your hero, and even then a promotion can make your hero weaker then it was previously depending on quality of each item, what boosts they give, and how many gear pieces you have equipped. The reason being the enchanting values. The higher the quality item the higher you can boost it's values which is where your hero gets most of it's strength from. Also when you promote only the gears base stats get added in overall, none of the enchanted values do. So with only having a few pieces you can see why your hero is weaker in some area's verses when you had full gear and were fully enchanted. Hope that answers your questions and helps.(there are many posts on such heros/promotion lvls in the guides section along with websites that will help you going forward)

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Like others have said, you need to have the gear pieces to fully optimize your hero, and even then a promotion can make your hero weaker then it was previously depending on quality of each item, what boosts they give, and how many gear pieces you have equipped. The reason being the enchanting values. The higher the quality item the higher you can boost it's values which is where your hero gets most of it's strength from. Also when you promote only the gears base stats get added in overall, none of the enchanted values do. So with only having a few pieces you can see why your hero is weaker in some area's verses when you had full gear and were fully enchanted. Hope that answers your questions and helps.(there are many posts on such heros/promotion lvls in the guides section along with websites that will help you going forward)

That was the answer i was looking for. tnx. and +rep

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    If you take a Orange+0 6 pieces fully enchanted to Orange+1 or Orange+2 the chances and time it takes to even OBTAIN those Grand Arena Coins would take at least a month if not two JUST to get to Orange+1. In that time period you will have a severely gimped Orange+1 hero compared to a fully enchanted 6/6 Orange+0.
    Any veteran players would understand that the path you take will have severe repercussions in PVP. My current server has 2 guild mates that did the upgrade now they can't even hold Top10.

If you make the choice to promote to Orange+1 or Orange+2 congratulations if you can even reach Orange+2 cause I can't imagine how much Grand Arena coins you could have saved to get to Orange+1 but to get to Orange+2 it will take more than a month.

TL : DR - You are only hurting yourself if you upgrade to Orange+1 or Orange+2 when obtaining those items currently is very difficult without unreleased Chapters 15 and 16. It will only benefit you if you can get ALL equips in Orange+1 or Orange+2 FULLY ENCHANTED.
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+