Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like people who promoted Commando to Orange screwed up

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8

Looks like people who promoted Commando to Orange screwed up

It's turning out that P+4 Commando is key to countering Ninja Assassin, being the tankiest back row hero. Orange Commando is not as good a tank, particularly as she loses dodge by going Orange. People who have already promoted her miss out on this. Glad I didnt.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar
    As if Commando is the only counter to Ninja Assassin.

EDIT: Seriously? I mean, I respect you as a good analyst of which-to-play when facing a certain team and it helped a lot of players there but sometimes you overdo and overanalyze things and you can mislead some of them. Like this thread when you somehow generalize the uselessness of Commando at orange against NA. I also interpret this as players have ONLY comm to counter NA. Here's a surpise counter to ninja:

Quote Originally Posted by Ferico View Post
    As if Commando is the only counter to Ninja Assassin.
    She's the simplest counter.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    She's the simplest counter.
    Maybe, but dont mislead players with that thread title.

It bears saying that Commando is a hero most people have already invested in heavily and is ready to go end game more or less by default, while you have to go out of your way to build Lightning Spirit. A non VIP 10+ isn't going to have LS at 5* through bronze chests alone at the start of 90, and I'm not sure the high VIP players would either.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Screw up: someone who messes up consistently

This is untrue, and it's a fact man. You just wrote a misleading title, exactly as youtubers write misleading titles in fifa 15 pack opening videos like: "MESSI 2 IF IN A PACK?!?!??!". Just saying.

The fact is that yes, Commando is actually the most common "counter" for ninja teams, but she still is a luck-based counter. If Ninja hits her 2 times in a row she dies and you're fucked up. Imho the real counter is destroying him before he can start doing anything, with an heavy magic team as Ferico posted.
    [Tao] Zophiel - Team Level: 90 - Guild: Tao (Officer) - Server: 31, Kron

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    dun like LS, but after tons of 10X bronze chest, i have that rockstar 5 star (level 1 and without any gear)...so for now i keep my commando P4 full gear, just in case...cuz i I no longer use her ...

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Nokiya420's Avatar
    higher dodge chance = / = tankier

get your terms straight

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophiel View Post
    Screw up: someone who messes up consistently

This is untrue, and it's a fact man. You just wrote a misleading title, exactly as youtubers write misleading titles in fifa 15 pack opening videos like: "MESSI 2 IF IN A PACK?!?!??!". Just saying.

The fact is that yes, Commando is actually the most common "counter" for ninja teams, but she still is a luck-based counter. If Ninja hits her 2 times in a row she dies and you're fucked up. Imho the real counter is destroying him before he can start doing anything, with an heavy magic team as Ferico posted.
    Heavy magic isn't necessarily going to work well against the other four heroes who aren't Ninja. Commando gives you more flexibility to counter the entire enemy team, not just Ninja.

In my experience, half of the time Ninja falls flat on his face no matter what the other team does. When he does jump, nobody holds up to his abuse better than Commando, though you're right that luck can turn against you.

Hi, I'm new to the game...

May I ask, why don't we promote commando to orange? How many dodge we are loosing?
    Is it worth it compared to the other the stat increment ?

Quote Originally Posted by aabenroi View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the game...

May I ask, why don't we promote commando to orange? How many dodge we are loosing?
    Is it worth it compared to the other the stat increment ?
    There are two main reasons not to promote Commando:

1. SHe loses 25 dodge and a bit of lifesteal, and yes that is enough dodge to matter. Shadowleaf has the dodge Commando would have at Orange and she just melts against Ninja(she does also have slightly less armor and HP as well).
    2. Being Orange doesn't really benefit Commando much. Her two main uses are tanking Ninja and her buffs, and neither of those benefit by being Orange, and Orange actually tanks Ninja worse. She's not really a damage dealer either way. The orange gear is much better served on other Agility heroes, of which there is absolutely no shortage of.

#2 is actually the bigger deal. The gear is much more usefully placed elsewhere.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    ya then NA crits twice and ur commando is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    ya then NA crits twice and ur commando is dead.
    Most of the time that doesn't happen, and it happens significantly less often to Commando. Misses don't crit. I think devoting your whole team to beating Ninja is a waste. He's not that much of a threat to an overall solid team.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Place SL at your back line, my NA has hard time kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    L

Heavy magic isn't necessarily going to work well against the other four heroes who aren't Ninja. Commando gives you more flexibility to counter the entire enemy team, not just Ninja.

In my experience, half of the time Ninja falls flat on his face no matter what the other team does. When he does jump, nobody holds up to his abuse better than Commando, though you're right that luck can turn against you.
    If you say: "making commando orange is one of the biggest mistake you can do in this game" I don't agree, even if I left my commando p4 too.
    If you say: "commando is the easiest counter people can use against ninja coz everyone work on her" I absolutely agree, but keep in mind there are different way to counter ninja and you just have to pray he doesn't hit 2 times in a row. It's hard but it's possible.
    In your title I reed the first assumption, not the second one, that's why I answered in this topic.

This is my opinion, then think whatever you want (:
    [Tao] Zophiel - Team Level: 90 - Guild: Tao (Officer) - Server: 31, Kron