Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An example of how you win at level 90 arena

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8

An example of how you win at level 90 arena

At level 90 you don't win by having the best team, you win by having the best roster and knowing how to use it to counter anything.

After finishing first yesterday, I was knocked down to 183rd. I fought my way back to 1st today in 5 battles. Here they are

Battle#1
    image.jpg

Guy used the cookie cutter VW team, I used the cookie cutter VW counter with the cookie cutter result

Battle#2

image.jpg

Weird team I've never seen before, put together a counter team I've never run before. It wasn't close.

Battles#3 and #4

image.jpg

I had to fight this twice since he attacked me right back seconds after the first win. Both fights were the above matchup and I won them both. He runs the most common and difficult defense on the server, and I use my standard counter.

Battle#5

image.jpg

Another team I've never seen before from the biggest spender on our server. I used a very non traditional counter and it wasn't remotely close.

I really enjoy putting together these 1-time oddball teams and winning with them.

It also bears saying that two of these guys used a 5* Orange Ninja and both lost badly to teams that don't look scary at all on paper.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Thanks for the informative post. When you devise counter teams, what strategies do you use? Do you just pick some heroes that will just counter most of the other heroes and try to synergize around that? Or is there a better way to do it?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    i guess at the earlier server. when alot of players are at 90...
    they gear up heroes, make them oranges, do the L mission...
    when everything is done.
    the only fun part is what we saw here, putting together a team to counter what they have in arena...
    i am very very happy and impressive to see those pictures.
    specially the one u said they do the job but aint look good on paper...
    the reality is the fact we just saw. not even close on couple of the fights...
    specially the IH, sapper, OC, phoenix and commando. very very surprise

It's a mix of experience and instinct at this point. I'll try to go into my reasoning behind the two creative counters out of the five above.

First was WC AS FD Ninja Commando. I think Ninja sucks in arena, but I respect Ninja because if he gets lucky I lose. I use P+4 Commando because she's the sturdiest back row hero there is and can tank Ninja better than anything. He also had FD and AS. I ran DV as highest int, and with her and VS I figured I could freeze AS and Ninja and kill them easy, which was true. Against FD, I ran Admiral who can tank him best and CW to manage FD after Admiral died. WC and Commando I just ignored, and figured the team would just take care of them. It worked out exactly to plan, though Commando wasn't necessary as all of my CC froze Ninja in succession and he never jumped.

The second match was against Admiral FD VS Machinist Ninja. I ran Iron Hoof as tank as I wanted my Arcane Sapper to live a little longer before dying to FD. If Machinist got his ulti off, IH would take it better than Admiral. I used Sapper to go after Machinist mainly, while doing triple area damage with Phoenix and OC. I used Commando again to tank Ninja, and used OC and Phoenix for maximum magic nuke to kill FD, VS, and Ninja. Fight went according to plan. Machinist got ulti off but Iron Hood ended the battle alive. Phoenix, AS, and OC killed the back row dead early, VS ulti hit AS facing the wrong way. Ninja died before the jump. FD was so injured by Phoenix ulti he didn't last very long after it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by linyijun View Post
    i guess at the earlier server. when alot of players are at 90...
    they gear up heroes, make them oranges, do the L mission...
    when everything is done.
    the only fun part is what we saw here, putting together a team to counter what they have in arena...
    i am very very happy and impressive to see those pictures.
    specially the one u said they do the job but aint look good on paper...
    the reality is the fact we just saw. not even close on couple of the fights...
    specially the IH, sapper, OC, phoenix and commando. very very surprise
    If you look closely at the bottom of the pictures for those two fights you can see what I had alive at the end and see how it wasn't close at all.

Before end game, you could win by brute force, just by having better stuff, or by having one really good team. On my server, the top 50 and to a lesser extent the top 200 all have most if not all of the standard arena heroes at max gear and stars. You don't win at my level by being better, but by being deeper.

New Comers
    Wow! Thanks for sharing bro!

Here are two more from yesterday:

image.jpg

Against Admiral 3 mages and Silencer, I used my standard attack team for mixed admiral teams but I used IH instead of Admiral because he's stronger against magic damage. Commando boosted AS/LG/HN annihilated the back row and I won with all 5 heroes still standing.

image.jpg

This wasn't a strong defense team, but I made some adjustments. The standard VW team is VW/EB/Silencer plus two mages. He was using Commando, which often trips up EB's game and FD is always dangerous. To deal with Commando and FD I squeezed CW onto this team, to take pressure off of EB before VW arrived and to flood FD with clones if it came to that. I use the team VW EB CW VS Phoenix a lot, but since he was running Sapper I wanted to run Silencer since I find him very strong against Sapper, and the VW team needs a plan to kill AS. Since that left me with only one mage, I went with OC since they are more consistent than Phoenix and IMHO could do the best job solo. Won this one easy.

questions: why use com in your standard team rather than sl ?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyang2 View Post
    questions: why use com in your standard team rather than sl ?
    Two different reasons for two different match-ups:

1. Commando can tank Ninja well, while Shadowleaf just gets torn to shreds

2. Using the AS/LG/HN combo, Commando's opening buff can push damage to the point where I can kill back row heroes before they can ulti. Particularly this pertains to Machinist, who I kill before ulti maybe 60-75% of the time with that setup, 100% without Mystic blind.

I am #1 in server 4. LOL. It is so easy.
    Server: 4
    Character Name: ProX
    Account ID: 3705065
    Device(optional): Asus Fonepad FE170CG and HTC One X (GSM)
    Estimate Time of Problem: ......
    Problem Detail: ......

Quote Originally Posted by ProX View Post
    I am #1 in server 4. LOL. It is so easy.
    How active is server #4 these days? I'm on server #35 and it's starting to slow down a bit. That being said with a decent roster and knowledge of the game attacking is fairly easy, especially when you seem to be the only top player in your time zone. I can pretty much beat any team, any time, no matter what at this point. On the other hand, the reverse is true and most anybody in the top 50 can beat me on defense and there's almost nothing I can do about it. Defense is pick your poison. Either use the cookie cutter defense which is stronger but everybody knows how to beat it though rarely at 90%+, or use a weird defense which is better against lesser players but the pros rip you to shreds.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Thanks for your insight into some of the matchups, enjoyed the read for sure.

Nice info, thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion
    How active is server #4 these days? I'm on server #35 and it's starting to slow down a bit. That being said with a decent roster and knowledge of the game attacking is fairly easy, especially when you seem to be the only top player in your time zone. I can pretty much beat any team, any time, no matter what at this point. On the other hand, the reverse is true and most anybody in the top 50 can beat me on defense and there's almost nothing I can do about it. Defense is pick your poison. Either use the cookie cutter defense which is stronger but everybody knows how to beat it though rarely at 90%+, or use a weird defense which is better against lesser players but the pros rip you to shreds.
    Thats why I think Grand Arena is much more fun for us in the older server. There are specific teams that have specific counters. If you focus your resources to beat that team, you might not be able to counter the other 2 teams. I personally cant hold no. 1 GA position longer than 3 days. But I'm sure it is possible to stay on top for weeks now that we have IE, IS and Succ legendary.

Nice insight though. Appreciates the effort.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Great guide, motivates players to lvl to 90 to enjoy the competitive fun where lower VIP players can catch up.

There is no invincible setup and I agree with TS that the thrill starts at 90 where it's easy to gain and lose rank. It's probably those who paid a lot who end up leaving the game since at some point in mature servers where everyone has those essential legendaries and these high rollers lose their edge.

In the Lilith version VIP heroes remain VIP forever, so VIP players will always have the edge. Hence kudos to Ucool for balancing it out by releasing these VIP heroes while letting those who paid enjoy the exclusivity for a while.