Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ORANGE or P+4 - BASED ON 3 HEROES

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

ORANGE or P+4 - BASED ON 3 HEROES

INTENTION

a mini guide in hopes of helping people to make a decision on when to promote their heroes.

VENGEANCE SPIRIT ORANGE VENGEANCE SPIRIT P+4 PROMOTE/STAY
    MAXEQUIP +4079HP, +138 PHYATT MAXEQUIP +20ACC PROMOTE
    W/O ORANGEGEAR +2279HP MAXEQUIP +20ACC, +47PHYATT PROMOTE
    W/O ANYGEAR MAXEQUIP +ALL STATS STAY
    FUNCTION PVP, PVE PVP, PVE

PROMOTE/STAY

ACC is the factor which separates your decision on whether to promote vs.
    i feel the increment of ALL of the other stats outweighs that +20ACC.
    promote if you can equip all w/o orange gear. the orange gear only gives more HP and PHYATT so it is still worthwhile to promote.

DRUNKEN MASTER ORANGE DRUNKEN MASTER P+4 PROMOTE/STAY
    MAXEQUIP +466PHYATT, +223MAGATT MAXEQUIP +1826HP STAY
    W/O ORANGEGEAR +213PHYATT, +175MAGATT, +24PEN MAXEQUIP +2186HP STAY
    FUNCTION PVP, PVE PORTAL

PROMOTE/STAY

HP is the factor which separates your decision on whether to promote panda.
    i feel the role of a tank is to be a meat shield with tons of HP; at a lower HP, chances of getting interrupted increases thereby unable to fully take advantage of the increase in attack.
    stay at p+4 if you plan to use panda as a main tank in your lineup; you can always promote when you have excess gear and are done with promoting other heroes.
    'For panda, his main purpose of use is for phoenix portal; hence, i prefer the extra hp, magic resist, and armor at p4.'

CHAPLAIN ORANGE CHAPLAIN P+4 PROMOTE/STAY
    MAXEQUIP +36MAGATT, +36AR MAXEQUIP +5%HEAL PROMOTE
    W/O ORANGEGEAR +4719HP, +40%RESIST MAXEQUIP +267MAGATT, +5%HEAL STAY
    FUNCTION PVP, PVE PORTAL

PROMOTE/STAY

healing is the factor which separates your decision on whether to promote chap.
    i feel that the +5%HEAL is quite significant as it multiplies over the total number of waves.
    promote only at maxequip so that you do not lose much healing power from the reduced MAGATT; even though there might be a slight decrease in healing power, the +40%RESIST is a good stat to have against silencing heroes.
    'For portal, promoting them to Orange will make them more sturdy; thus, they will generate energy a lot slower. Portal will become harder as a result. '

IRON HOOF ORANGE IRON HOOF P+4 PROMOTE/STAY
    MAXEQUIP +127MAGATT, +51AR, +141MAGRES MAXEQUIP +1836HP PROMOTE
    W/O ORANGEGEAR MAXEQUIP +3939HP, +24AR STAY
    FUNCTION PVP, PVE PVP, PVE

PROMOTE/STAY

HP is the factor which separates your decision on whether to promote iron hoof.
    i feel that the +1836HP can be offset by the increase in AR and MAGRES.
    promote only at maxequip so that you do not lose alot of HP(+1836HP compared to +3939HP).

CONCLUSION

it would seem as though promotion is the way to go, as we all assume that our heroes will get stronger after promotion.
    however, due to enchanting bonuses, a p+4 max enchant hero will always be stronger than a orange hero without gear.
    even with 1-2 gear, there is relatively insignificant difference in stats to have an impact in a fight.
    so farm your gear wisely and not to rush promoting your heroes to orange before acquiring the necessary gears.
    always compare their stats before and after promotion and then make a decision.

(all stats and info provided from here)
    (please refer here also if you need more info)
    (contributions from 'jay.d3e' for the functions of the heroes)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    damn, i just promoted panda and is 3/6 geared, without the orange gear i think...

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    it also depends on how you intend to use the character.
    Some example:
    - Promoting NA from 6/6 p4 to 5/6 orange, boss raid chapter 14 damage increased 500k but his performance in pvp and pve became worse. It was clear to me that 20 accuracy is more crucial than the extra life steal, armor pen, and raw atk power.
    - For panda, his main purpose of use is for phoenix portal; hence, i prefer the extra hp, magic resist, and armor at p4.
    - For the case of backline healer like Chaplain and DB, orange give better defense and stronger heal, which is good for pvp healer team. But for portal, promoting them to Orange will make them more sturdy; thus, they will generate energy a lot slower. Portal will become harder as a result.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I find it depends more on economy than anything. Certain heroes function well at P+4, like Panda and Commando. Those heroes it's better to leave at P+4 and use the gear on heroes who need to be Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    I find it depends more on economy than anything. Certain heroes function well at P+4, like Panda and Commando. Those heroes it's better to leave at P+4 and use the gear on heroes who need to be Orange.
    ����������
    Plus 1
    Server 68

Quote Originally Posted by Jay.D3e View Post
    it also depends on how you intend to use the character.
    Some example:
    - Promoting NA from 6/6 p4 to 5/6 orange, boss raid chapter 14 damage increased 500k but his performance in pvp and pve became worse. It was clear to me that 20 accuracy is more crucial than the extra life steal, armor pen, and raw atk power.
    - For panda, his main purpose of use is for phoenix portal; hence, i prefer the extra hp, magic resist, and armor at p4.
    - For the case of backline healer like Chaplain and DB, orange give better defense and stronger heal, which is good for pvp healer team. But for portal, promoting them to Orange will make them more sturdy; thus, they will generate energy a lot slower. Portal will become harder as a result.
    thank you for contributing.
    from my knowledge, chaplain has a slight decrease in healing power at orange since magic attack also contributes to healing power.
    does it really have a stronger heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    yes definitely. this thread is help people realize that not all orange heroes are necessarily better than at p+4.
    and as mentioned by jay.d3e, how you want to use the hero will also affect your decision in promoting

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I read someone posted in the forums about a month ago that VS at orange misses a lot because of the lost accuracy. Is that true or just some RNG crap?

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    DB/Chaplain are better kept at p+4 if not used for healer team in arena (if you use a healer team don't forget to not max enchant DB - chaplain can tank AS, DB can't).
    Panda is better at p+4 if you still want him for the outland portal and being able to tank, orange makes him an off tank.
    NA is better at p+4 for PVP but since he is the master of raids I would advise making him orange for a better damage ranking.
    Commando is better at p+4 for a NA counter (also - don't max enchant her in p+4 since her int should be lower than AS for physical setups).

Except those heroes, if you have orange 5/6 - promote.
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon8

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Nokiya420's Avatar
    Perfect example of "Should I promote" is Panda.

It really depends on what you want from him.

If you want him for the sole purpose of TANKING, then leave him at P4 and save items for other heroes.

If you want him to do both TANKING and more DAMAGE, promote him to Orange.

Overall, heroes will always be stronger in Orange, but sometimes it's too costly to promote them.

And sometimes, there is simply no need to do it, depending on your needs.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Don't agree with chaplain p+4 for portal... She is too vulnerable at p+4 for raged blood thus requires disease bringer cast 4th heal on her to survive the 4th ultimate, so upgrade to orange makes lvl 6 much easier.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4 Pendragone's Avatar
    Thanks, this is a great thread. I was just about to make wrong promotions !

Quote Originally Posted by Nokiya420 View Post
    Overall, heroes will always be stronger in Orange, but sometimes it's too costly to promote them.
    not necessarily true unless you are referring to max equip orange.
    even then, there are some tradeoffs of stats for some heroes.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4 Pendragone's Avatar
    What about Phoenix p4 or Orange ?

Quote Originally Posted by Audryn View Post
    Don't agree with chaplain p+4 for portal... She is too vulnerable at p+4 for raged blood thus requires disease bringer cast 4th heal on her to survive the 4th ultimate, so upgrade to orange makes lvl 6 much easier.
    i would say it is referring to lvl5 portals.
    it is a long transition from getting your first orange hero to lvl90.
    so most of the time you will feel the effects of the changes in your hero.