Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any updates on copyright issue??

Silver Member Contributor Level 4

any updates on copyright issue??

is there any updates on copyright issue?
    at least lilith has some update on the issue with blizzard.
    do hero charge value their player base?
    http://forums.dotarena.com/zh/showth...-making-revamp

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    I don't play DOT Arena but what has DOT Arena done to avoid Blizzard's lawsuit?
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    ucool never made any statements about the lawsuit and they will never do that for sure.

for lilith easy going. they changed some icons and names and its done.

for ucool hard life, because ucool didn't have a dev team at all... i don't know how long they still need for 1.9 update and arena bug fix.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    for lilith easy going. they changed some icons and names and its done.

for ucool hard life, because ucool didn't have a dev team at all... i don't know how long they still need for 1.9 update and arena bug fix.
    People keep saying ucool has no devs but even of they stole some code, there is many differences to dotarena? Diff graphics, things are moved around on screen layout, heck the payments need to be coded to go elsewhere. Seens like some heroes are different too. Some dev has to code this stuff?

They day ucool took the code from English version but English release i played only had about 30 heroes and no grand arena - so not sure how that works....

Quote Originally Posted by kano View Post
    People keep saying ucool has no devs but even of they stole some code, there is many differences to dotarena? Diff graphics, things are moved around on screen layout, heck the payments need to be coded to go elsewhere. Seens like some heroes are different too. Some dev has to code this stuff?

They day ucool took the code from English version but English release i played only had about 30 heroes and no grand arena - so not sure how that works....
    Art designers are much cheaper than developers who wrote the core code of this game, how everything should work perfectly without any bugs... U can easily implement new animations, graphics, pics etc and heroes with skills which the old game source code already provides... considering PC games, most game makers just buy engine license (for example unreal engine) and create own games based on it... if u are not allowed to use that engine, u can hardly create any new contents to the game expect some graphics. thats the same thing what ucool did without paying to lilith.

just think about the arena bug. It is a crucial bug, which usually should be fixed within few days... but if u don't have anyone who is familiar with the source code, some newcomer will need months to find out the reason, which causes the bug.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by kano View Post

1. Diff graphics, Art majors are a dime a dozen, I just go to my local starbucks and pick a few out for 5$ an hour.
    2. Things moved on screen layout? Easy as changing a 'left' argument to a 'right' one.
    3. Payments to be coded to go elsewhere? Must be so hard to change 2 lines of code to change the email address and the server IP.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Its not that just easy. You have to somehow decode the server part. It needs skills, you say bullshit.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by aznanimality View Post
    1. Diff graphics, Art majors are a dime a dozen, I just go to my local starbucks and pick a few out for 5$ an hour.
    2. Things moved on screen layout? Easy as changing a 'left' argument to a 'right' one.
    3. Payments to be coded to go elsewhere? Must be so hard to change 2 lines of code to change the email address and the server IP.
    Sure that stuff maybe isn't difficult but it's still coding. Somebody has to scan that art in, animate it, find replace all ref to it in source code.

The way some people talk here they think its a guy in his garage running this on 1 server and just downloading dotarena and uploading it again. Their is obviously a couple of programmers there to do this minimum effort stuff even assuming code is stolen (court hasn't decided this yet).

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Not only ucool failed to give us any update regarding the lawsuit. They even remove threads that is regarding this issue which is quite disappointing....

Lilith problem is just art work, all they need to do is change the artwork and problem solve. As for ucool it's a BIG serious problem. Any blind man can tell that ucool literally FREAKING COPY AND PASTED the whole game over. The fact that we using dot arena content as reference for guide or get ready for future content that just prove that hero charge = dot arena already... I don want to use the word "steal" tho...

Although I don wish anything bad happen to ucool, but think about this. If you are lilith what would u do? Let ucool off? Let them continue earn money when they C&P? Totally ignore? Lol.. To us this is just a game but to them this is a money making business for your info.

even if miracle does happen for ucool and they totally change the whole gameplay. Will it still be as fun? What about old hero that is supposed to have their legendary? They will continue creating their own Crappy hero?

I had already prepared for the worst
    but I will still throw 100usd per mth into this game tho.. that is just because I really love this game.

Ucool please at least give us a freaking update! Seriously! At least tell us u will still copy and paste as long as you can.

Game design is another issue. Why the new characters are crap? Do you think Lillith has the best character designers out there? I think many people who actively play the game can suggest a lot of better characters. Then ucool has to balance them and include them in the game.

I read that post on reddit and even though many players were able to get a full refund; people are still playing regardless of where uCool stands in this lawsuit.

Important to note is that uCool is actually trying to be different to avoid any more copyright issues. Unique Heroes so far is crap but remains to be seen, based on uCool's coding ability.
    Important to note is that the game will now be VERY VERY different from DOT Arena. Don't expect similar strategies or team set ups.
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Banned
    Hack Gems Heroes Charge

It's amazing application.
    Very Simple:
    1- Find Heroes Charge on your device
    2- Inject it
    3- Get gems

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....hc.get.hcgems

Quote Originally Posted by mescalito View Post
    Hack Gems Heroes Charge

It's amazing application.
    Very Simple:
    1- Find Heroes Charge on your device
    2- Inject it
    3- Get gems

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....hc.get.hcgems
    Reviews said it makes you fill out surveys and ads then it prompts incompatible android version.
    Sorry not going to try this. But maybe other newbs will!
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

100% survey in internet is fake,
    You can check html 1st on the page, make me laugh lol