Thread: Who do you think has the best and worst Concept Art among heroes? (Reviews)

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar

Who do you think has the best and worst Concept Art among heroes? (Reviews)

Yes, this thread is not really fit into the "Gameplay and Guides" subsection of the forum but hey, this is where most of the guys/gals are.
    I just want to break the monotony of the subsection with all the whining and complaining threads constantly opened here. It's time for some appreciation thread and possible "reconsideration" of current concept arts. Let's get started! You may list/review as many as you can

Among the Best

1. Light Bringer
    Oh, come on! I was already on hype with his concept art even before his release on the 7th of the month. That sleek golden hair. That light-filled eyes. That manly sideburns and beards and that Roman/Greek-inspired armor really sum up as an ancient Mutant to me. Not to mention those light spheres he constantly floats above his hands express a "hero" vibe within him. A good "Original" hero creation. Looking forward to an opposite character, perhaps a brother, in the name of Dark Bringer (9/10)

2. Hidden Needle
    My idea of an elven assassin was satisfied with Quimulan Klaas' release. Yep, that's HN's real name. Those bad-ass pointy ears, bad-ass eye scratch mark and bad-ass hair were already enough to satisfy my criteria but that cool-looking tights and shoulder pads were already a bonus. The best parts? That bad-ass mask and that bad-ass f*ckin cape! A cape always add +10 coolness to that stats (Except for Bear Warrior where he looks just a like a dork). Did I mention she was bad-ass already? No? (9/10)

3. Silencer
    This neat-looking Saif looks really tough with his red armor laden with golden outlines. Another elf has made it to my list among the best and his blue-glowing eyes help in the bringing up the contrast he needs to break around the velvety of his armor. Though I'm not sure if those golden threads poking out of his kick-ass helmet were his hairs or a horse's mane (Yep, check them out!) but whatever they are, I think he's a Targaryen. What makes his concept art really outstanding (Besides it's really a rip-off from DoTA) are that amazing shield, which he rarely uses, and that oversized magneto helmet. (10/10)

Among the Worst

1. Psychopath
    Bokka should be renamed to "Jabba, The Hut with feet" or "Green Patrick". Simply, he does not live up to the name given to him. Chaplain looks more of a psychopath than this green glob without nipples. I wish to see him with derange eyes or a better horrifying weapon like a chainsaw or a flamethrower than that f*cking glow-in-the-dark baseball bat. Immediate troubleshooting for his concept art would be a hockey mask and voila, we have an instant Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th. (1/10)

2. Arcane Sapper
    Believe it or not, I do not want to add him here as he was my first "assassin" in-game. Don't get me wrong, I like his dark-aura, his rune-blades, his BDSM outfit and face-tattoos but what destroys his coolness is his stupidly floating hair! Come on, Merjac, do you use Colgate as your shampoo? Maybe there's a reverse jetpack on his back to constantly float his hair in fab. Or maybe because his hairs were already fed-up with all the teleportation of this douche across battlefield trapping them in the time-space continuum. Suggestion: Give this man a haircut or smoothly straighten his hair. FUN FACT: He does not have an elven ear in his initial release.(5/10)

3. Ice Mage
    This blondie was among the hotties in the earlier versions of Heroes Charge. That drastically changed every after updates. We saw her change from a chick to become a tranny. Her original art is still found in her soulstone but you can see the transformation with her current character. She had the first "jumping" boobs, I mean papayas, in game and they were pretty to look at while she's fighting but these boobs got operated and got massive in version 1.6 (?) and became scrotum instead. One was overly larger than the other. Guess what!? Something happened recently and she now has one BOOB Left. Funny bouncing indeed (Check it now!) Looks like her fat belly comes right after her neck. Total dissapointment. (-10/10)

To be continued! Want to hear your fashion-police minds.
    Last edited by Ferico; 05-14-2015 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Updated

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    I think 2 biggest design failures are the Evis and the hero remind Plants vs. Zombies (this guy was VIP 11+ hero, right ?)

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Hahaha nice idea for the thread bro..

For the best i vote:
    1. Light bringer (9/10) cool appearence hero with the greek's essence and the way he put two suns in his hand just cool
    2. Silencer (9,5/10) heroes charges's the flash wannabe appearance lol.. Cool hero in red red armor bringing shield and glave
    3. Fallen dominion US form (10/10) just cool.. A demon with red eye and big wings.. Truly a villain style

For the worst:
    1. Psycopath (3/10) he is an ogre and ogre usually bad with green, big stomach lol..
    2. Master mage (3/10) bad appearance for a woman.. Its a terrible red hair that is not that fashionable just not good red hair
    3. Forest guardian (4/10) i know he is an elf and an elf lives for a long time.. But his appearance is too old with dark green eye brow and a mustache make that make him look old

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I once wanted to get my IceMage 5*, but her boobs stopped me.
    The worst for me is Admiral with her hot pants. Runner-up is Doom.
    An easy game is a game not worth playing.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Livingmore View Post
    The honest lol

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Nokiya420's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferico View Post
    3. Ice Mage
    This blondie was among the hotties in the earlier versions of Heroes Charge. That drastically changed every after updates. We saw her change from a chick to become a tranny. Her original art is still found in her soulstone but you can see the transformation with her current character. She had the first "jumping" boobs, I mean papayas, in game and they were pretty to look at while she's fighting but these boobs got operated and got massive in version 1.6 (?) and became scrotum instead. One was overly larger than the other. Guess what!? Something happened recently and she now has one BOOB Left. Funny bouncing indeed (Check it now!) Looks like her fat belly comes right after her neck. Total dissapointment. (-10/10)
    Thanks for the laughs

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Livingmore View Post
    I hope that the then-female boobs were the ones that stopped you instead of now big chest bulge. LOL

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Ah, the reason I play this game is because in the first loading screen, Icemage looks fabulous. Then she proves herself a failure of plastic surgery, pathetically.
    An easy game is a game not worth playing.

The worst above everybody is : Mystic .

He is off the charts, I could have done better without open my eyes. His artwork need to be refresh as soon as possible.

Best artwork: Fallen Dominion.

No no best is emberblade bcos he looks so snuggly cute when he drink his milk.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Awesome thread! So cool to spend a few days reading through these forums and seeing mostly negative crap on all the recent stuff, then bumping into this!

Worse imo:
    Master Mage, wth is up with the goofy hair thing. Looks like she's wearing a really cheap bike helmet with a stolen Dodge Ram hood ornement pasted on the front.
    Lightning Elemental and Storm Lord- I get the whirlwind power they are supposed to have going on. Reality, both look like they summoned a long night of drinking & a late night at Taco Bell before showing up for their fight. Which would explain their ready-to-drop-at-first-chance behavior too....
    Lightning Spirit- need anything else be said?
    Forest Guardian- just.... creepy

Best:
    Ember Blade- leaves a trail of flaming tracks behind him when he moves. Semi-transuent clones, with the flaming swords, looks like a cute puppy until he goes. Then it's all business. Want this hero just for the awesome effects.
    Cloud Walker- Has that sarcastic "just wanna smack that smirk off your face" look to him in the start of a battle. Then he moves, and like EB, try to figure out, is there one, three or ten sort of see-through others surrounding my entire team.. his staff movements are great to watch. Tough to watch in crusade as you autonomously put a finger on reset.
    FD- On a tiny iPhone screen can see the veins pop and the eyes brighten when going into demon form. Most menacing look, especially when the wings launch. (Wish he was a flying character, and should be, btw. What the hell is the purpose of the wings? WTF is a dragon portal that requires five flying characters to clear, but 2 of the 5 avail. kinda suck for anything other than that)?

Honorable mentions:
    Arcane Sapper- one of the best looking cards, with the 80's muscle wrist bands, double blades, albino night vision eyes and flowing purple/black hair. Worst looking in-game, like a Keebler Elf on three weeks of PS90 and waayyy too much hair gel.
    Depths Voice- her fishy tail moves while she does as she crosses the screen. Her card is kinda hot too, if you're open minded about things. She could make a really cool real life girl friend. If she fails at that, just get creative with her, a filet knife, some mayo and a side of pasta.
    Hidden Needle- I think this one is actually just Wind Master after experimenting with addictive drugs. She's WM's BSDM alter-ego for some quick cash on a Backpage ad.

Thanks SOOO much Ferico for a breath of fresh air and starting an awesome thread! Wish there were more like this and less of the "what's next" crap!