Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest Guardian

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

Forest Guardian

I've searched around the forum for a while without finding out anything interesting about this hero. He has been released some weeks ago, I was guessing if someone has tried him out and some comments about him.
    Thanks in advance.
    [Tao] Zophiel - Team Level: 90 - Guild: Tao (Officer) - Server: 31, Kron

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    His gears do not fit him. He needs more defensive items as he is the most agressive (manly) mage in the game. If you dont have any solution for the huge energy he slowly gives to the enemy team, dont touch him
    An easy game is a game not worth playing.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Livingmore View Post
    His gears do not fit him. He needs more defensive items as he is the most agressive (manly) mage in the game. If you dont have any solution for the huge energy he slowly gives to the enemy team, dont touch him
    He deals MASSIVE damage but yes he needs more defense. He is not prime for PVP as he does not survive but then again who has him at 5* yet to prove this?
    Anyways i use him in the physical trials (magic users only) as he wrecks it. Also he is good against CW, paired with a good pushing tank he is good against FD and any other front line group team. Horrible against EB so don't try it.

New Comers

3-Star lvl 72 FG

I'm currently have good success (70% win rate) with him in my 2nd GA team. The team is an oddball, but I like trying new combos.

Tank: Ancient Protector (3-star)
    Midline: Tusked Storm (4-star)
    Midline: Death Mage (4-star)
    Midline: Forest Guardian (3-star)
    Back line: Commando (5-star)

The idea was to use Vanguard to group while Tusk does max DPS at melee range. Unfortunately, Vanguard and Tusk share the same line and VW's knock back whiffed most times. So, I found my only other alternative of frontline "tank" that retreats to let Tusk enter melee range.

Forest Guardian fit well as his ultimate activates at half full and does really good AoE damage.

I'm still fiddling with back line and 3rd midline spot. I choose commando since at 3-stars Ancient is still a little too squishy and the tank stun from commando helps. I really tried to include Phoenix for a pure DPS but eventually settled on Death Mage as her silence was much needed to keep Tusked and FG up longer.

I'll rework the team once I can see how well FG and Ancient survive at 4-stars.

Sapper is my biggest weakness right now. A 4 or 5 stars Fallen spells trouble as Ancient can't survive the onslaught to teleport to the back.

Just some food for thought.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophiel View Post
    I've searched around the forum for a while without finding out anything interesting about this hero. He has been released some weeks ago, I was guessing if someone has tried him out and some comments about him.
    Thanks in advance.
    Short answer, he's not interesting.

Longer answer, he needs a team to build around and even then, he's not *that* strong. - not that interesting.

Proof of uCool can't catch cheater.
    Courtesy of ZantGX

Thank you all, I'll definitely finish mu PO stars (:

Everything what he in pve does, do a lot of other heroes too, even better, and for PVP, he is nothing special.

New Comers
    Yeah, I found him not worth leveling yet. Maybe he will be a buff later on? I'm fairly new to the game in general, but do they buff characters (have they done in the past)?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I haven't seen a buff or nerf yet, which is why poor ferryman still sucks ;-;

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Kazn's Avatar
    Is someone in here who actually have a 5* full Orange FG? ...I currently lvl him and I could need some Endgame knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
    I haven't seen a buff or nerf yet, which is why poor ferryman still sucks ;-;
    Ferryman? He is a god if compared with PK or MM...

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    ferryman is the worst hero ever made. there is no team for him in the world. dont deceive yourself. waste of time and money

Quote Originally Posted by TURKISHPOWER View Post
    ferryman is the worst hero ever made. there is no team for him in the world. dont deceive yourself. waste of time and money
    He's getting buff in the Chinese version.

And, he's certainly better than PK...

Proof of uCool can't catch cheater.
    Courtesy of ZantGX

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Cuz Ferry razes too much and he usually razes out of the screen. Stupid coding sucker.

/MM at FE can deal damage equal to Pilot, so, she's better than both Phoenix and OC in dragon outland.
    An easy game is a game not worth playing.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    I have lvl 82 FG ... Debating to equip Crystal Ball on him or Mystic as both are strong in DMG for me. Nobody else in my server has been seen using FG except me. I float between top 50 to top 10 sometimes. FG is situational and has weaknesses. I think the guy talking about FG adding too much energy is talking out of his ass because if FG starts laying his smack down, he is quite the undertaker. The manly mage comment is spot on. I have him 4*. I like using 3* Necromancer with him. For my place in the game though 3* & 4* heroes don't perform on par except these two guys do. I am still experimenting. He is useful in GA to get front row stun opening the battle in absence of your commando. I know there is meta for him, but I lack the gear for these heroes and I don't want to spoil the surprise for you guys.

My best successes with FG to date are using tankless Arcane Sapper builds that draw the whole team in one bunch. My sapper is F.E. P3 so he can take that pressure with Necro on board and Mystic even if stunned by commando. Of course it doesn't work against the best builds in arena, but different story in GA.
    I almost want to be the poster child for FG, but since I'm a ways from 5* he will still take a backseat on getting gear to my Mystic and FM. He seems to unreliable the way phoenix is. If he had a smidge longer range he'd be a god. I call him "The Real Lightning Master" as his regular lightning attack does #s like LMs Ult.