Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What cause the Delay of version 1.9 ?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    I think the reason it's buggy because you use Android devices.

Maybe ucool handshake with Apple to force players move to iOS devices in exchange the better ranking in Top apps.
    That is seriously far-fetched.

Tin foil hat?

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    How you know?
    Please check from Official news - 1st page of Version 1.9 preview

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    How could u copy a game without source code? do u think, u can decode the whole game?

I guess, lilith and ucool were working together, but not officially. Lilith (DotaArena) wanted avoid the western market, becos they are afraid of being sued by Blizzard, so that they were running their business only in China. Ucool bought the source code from lilith on an inofficial way and created HC. That is the only reasonable background for me, why ucool could update the game frequently. Trying to decode a ready to play game into its source code? do u think that works so easily?

Now Lilith notice how lucrative the world market is, since ucool make their first steps with success, and lilith want to have a piece of the cake, but the former partner turned into a considerable competitor. So, that was the end of their partnership...

lawsuit or not, lilith could sue ucool all the time since HC was launched.... also they could stop the leak of the source code of the game, but they did nothing. Why now, after the launch of dota arena? think about it.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    How could u copy a game without source code? do u think, u can decode the whole game?

I guess, lilith and ucool were working together, but not officially. Lilith (DotaArena) wanted avoid the western market, becos they are afraid of being sued by Blizzard, so that they were running their business only in China. Ucool bought the source code from lilith on an inofficial way and created HC. That is the only reasonable background for me, why ucool could update the game frequently. Trying to decode a ready to play game into its source code? do u think that works so easily?

Now Lilith notice how lucrative the world market is, since ucool make their first steps with success, and lilith want to have a piece of the cake, but the former partner turned into a considerable competitor. So, that was the end of their partnership...

lawsuit or not, lilith could sue ucool all the time since HC was launched.... also they could stop the leak of the source code of the game, but they did nothing. Why now, after the launch of dota arena? think about it.
    Even if what you said was true. It would be an unfortunate departure for both parties. They should have really came to an agreement. But I guess one got really selfish and realize the potential in the Western Market.
    Whoever wins or lose, Heroes Charge is definitely taking a different approach by creating their own content to avoid future problems. How beneficial is this for the community?
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    as much as it would 'suck' that we are not following DotArena's content anymore, i am kinda excited to see uCool release their own heroes. it is not easy to write their own codes for these new heroes, neither isit a simple feat to come up with balanced heroes (im guessing they are gonna be imba as hell, or on the same level of usefulness as PK)

Quote Originally Posted by ZantGX View Post
    Even if what you said was true. It would be an unfortunate departure for both parties. They should have really came to an agreement. But I guess one got really selfish and realize the potential in the Western Market.
    Whoever wins or lose, Heroes Charge is definitely taking a different approach by creating their own content to avoid future problems. How beneficial is this for the community?

ucool is forced to add different contents, so we got the consequence. No summoner, no 1.9 since a month ago. I don't think lilith cares about the lawsuit. they just want to make trouble in the hope, that more leaders would quit this game and maybe switch to dota-arena

What i have to say: UC is much fairer than dota arena, becos leader could purchase every soulstone heroes from the coin shops after 2 months . in the chinese version there is no way to get them without spending tons of gems. Also, leaders get reward depending on different time zones. What i know from the chinese version is that everyone has to fight for the ranking at the same time.

well fighting for the arena rank with many others to some can be seen as something extremely competitive. imagine everyone logging on at 8.30pm onwards and optimizing their team, analyzing the enemy's teams. but of course to many others they will probably not smell top 50 unless they are high level VIPs. having said that, i agree with you about the trouble-making part, as well as spending alot of gems to obtain heroes in DA (eg: EB)

Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    I think the reason it's buggy because you use Android devices.

Maybe ucool handshake with Apple to force players move to iOS devices in exchange the better ranking in Top apps.
    this nonsense plz. ucools never done this us
    Support from the good friend here forum:

"You are the reason why I am still coming back to this forum everyday. Thank you!" -BadFerret

"Thanks Doc!" -Zäschi

"You should move to Lilith and work there!" -ZantGX (impress by my skill)

"This thread delivers!" -Apoxie

"Will be so much better, when you finally are a mod." -BadFerret

"You never fail to make me laugh. Nosferatu for forums mod! " -Ferico

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rrr View Post
    as much as it would 'suck' that we are not following DotArena's content anymore, i am kinda excited to see uCool release their own heroes. it is not easy to write their own codes for these new heroes, neither isit a simple feat to come up with balanced heroes (im guessing they are gonna be imba as hell, or on the same level of usefulness as PK)
    How do you know it's not easy ? I think it's extremely easy, just needs time to reorganize development. It's different when you copy and change than to develop from scratch. They need also game designers for balancing issues, now they may take them directly from other game.

It is easy to continue dev despite what you think. But I do not know if Chinese way of thinking want to do it or just quit the game and try to find another thing to copy and milk people.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    someone mentioned before that Lilith has tried to sue uCool a few times before but never succeeded.... so it is no guarantee that this time it has really gotten bad. maybe with the AT video proof they are being more cautious but the legal processes ain't that easy... think it'll be a while until we hear from uCool anyway.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

You know you can literally download a .apk application file and open it up with winzip/winrar and see every single file/code file that is used to create the game right? It doesn't take much to see how the game works, once you do that, it's just a simple matter of redirecting the server host files to ucool's servers instead of Lillith.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12

Actually Lilith claims ucool decompiled the client so they can recreat the necessary things server side to run the game and then recompiled it with a bit of change. All possible and frequently done with app games. App games don't seem to care about protecting the client because game companies figure the heart of the game is server side (they are wrong.) Its a fun game, interesting, but if Lilith claims are true then ucool is limited on their growth in the future if they plan to deviate from the other game... unless they create their own client.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aznanimality View Post
    You know you can literally download a .apk application file and open it up with winzip/winrar and see every single file/code file that is used to create the game right? It doesn't take much to see how the game works, once you do that, it's just a simple matter of redirecting the server host files to ucool's servers instead of Lillith.
    Just a little joke, suppose Android version is decompiled and copy code, I play HC on iPhone, does that mean I play the real ucool game ?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    There will never be any new content. They added new hero and rename the patch as 1.9. Best part is. It was being delayed