Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rent or Train? What does your guild do?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Post Rent or Train? What does your guild do?

How does your guild divvy up responsibility for maintaining niche heroes?

For example, I don't see top arena teams getting much mileage out of Master Mage or Poisoned One, but each can play an important role in the Outlands. So it might make sense for your guild to have 2 of each (one for each of two portal clears per day), but probably not more. Similarly, SO is primarily useful against several raid bosses, but it'd obviously be a waste for a team to have 50 of him ... more than 6 is likely excessive (assuming all members are in a narrow level band).

Anyway, what would your ideal, minimal mercenary list look like? The goal of such a list would be to split it up amongst a guild's members based on who got lucky with which drops, etc. Thanks in advance for your input.

To kick thing off, my first draft would look like this:
    • 2 x DB, DK, DM, MM, Pilot, PO, PSY, SS, WD? -- outland portal & crusade helpers
    • 2 x AP -- limited raid applications
    • 6 x RM, SM?, SO, TS -- broad raid applications

(44 heroes total)

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    the problem with trials is that sometimes you need to try several times before things work out.
    For mercenaries, if you retreat, you loose. So I prefer to have my own assets and make things work the way I want.

Another problem is raid boss damage. All guild members have to compete for top damage, so they tend to hide their triumph cards. No share at all!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    The only hero I rent is Ninja and that's because I'm not vip11 so I could not have gotten him.

I like owning the heroes and eventually you have so much resources that you will have to spend them on lesser heroes because there is nothing else to do.

I've been in 3 guilds all top 15 and it seems that the general strategy is to dump whatever hero you aren't using for booty cave into merc camp.

My previous guild was obsessed with DK for some reason so there were like 10 of them in the camp but only 1 or 2 of them were fully skill levelled and enchanted.

My current guild has tons of DMs and OCs, and very few raid specific heroes. PO numbers are increasing but most of them are 3-4* and below P2 so relatively useless for the raid 13 and 14 we do. Panda we have 2-3, Phoenix we used to have 2-3 but somehow they are all missing now (maybe person left guild)

IMO heroes like DM, AS, Comm, SL, Chapp etc should not be in Merc since its expected that everyone has these heroes, waste of a slot. S

Specific lineup heroes like VW, EB etc 1 or 2 is ok for testing purposes, but too many is also pointless

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AyameNoop View Post
    I've been in 3 guilds all top 15 and it seems that the general strategy is to dump whatever hero you aren't using for booty cave into merc camp.

My previous guild was obsessed with DK for some reason so there were like 10 of them in the camp but only 1 or 2 of them were fully skill levelled and enchanted.

My current guild has tons of DMs and OCs, and very few raid specific heroes. PO numbers are increasing but most of them are 3-4* and below P2 so relatively useless for the raid 13 and 14 we do. Panda we have 2-3, Phoenix we used to have 2-3 but somehow they are all missing now (maybe person left guild). We also have

IMO heroes like DM, AS, Comm, SL, Chapp etc should not be in Merc since its expected that everyone has these heroes, waste of a slot. S

Specific lineup heroes like VW, EB etc 1 or 2 is ok for testing purposes, but too many is also pointless
    I just put the heroes in, that I have for the daily outland. But I have Never Been in a Guild wehre we played together...it's a Solo Game using the Guilds advantages for me...

Quote Originally Posted by BadFerret View Post
    I just put the heroes in, that I have for the daily outland. But I have Never Been in a Guild wehre we played together...it's a Solo Game using the Guilds advantages for me...
    Heh doing that already puts you in the probably 10% that gives a ****

Its actually quite ez for everyone to pool their spare heroes like pilot, ws, ss, po, phoenix, rifleman, db etc together for the common good. But its too much for most ppl i guess

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    It's better if ucool separate heroes in Mercenary Camp and heroes in Booty Cave.

Or

Players are not allowed to use Booty Cave defenders to plunder other caves + defenders are fixed during booty cave time. The logic is a hero can not do both defend and attack at the same time. Players then reserve stronger heroes outside and they may place them in mercenary camp.

There's no strategy in our guild, I think like most said, everyone for themselves. I do put appropriate heroes in the merc camp however, thinking that people would remain more loyal to the guild if it has good offerings, so we can continue to get more guild points with active players.

I generally put in useful heroes for Outlands/Crusades/Raids; like PO, Psycho, Pilot, DB, DM, Witch Doctor. Sometimes guild members will request certain mercs, and if I'm online to see it, I'll put them in.

Member of #1 guild on server 35 and we simply ask for a hero if it's not up for rent or if we need additional tries and members comply.

The only issue is when a member below lvl90 asks for specific heroes, since most in our guild are 90.

Heh doing that already puts you in the probably 10% that gives a ****

Its actually quite ez for everyone to pool their spare heroes like pilot, ws, ss, po, phoenix, rifleman, db etc together for the common good. But its too much for most ppl i guess
    due to the fact that I have the best Heroes in my Guild I have no other choice (besides leaving)
    Also I got nearly every Hero ready just missing some Equipment here and there

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    due to the fact that I have the best Heroes in my Guild I have no other choice (besides leaving)
    Ofc u spend zillion bucks for u*ool

Quote Originally Posted by glitteringlust View Post
    Ofc u spend zillion bucks for u*ool
    And what?.....

most of my guildmates are ahead of me but because of lvl cap I'm catching up

ended up having to gear my own Psycho, DB, PO and now Phoenix

most of my guildmates are ahead of me but because of lvl cap I'm catching up

ended up having to gear my own Psycho, DB, PO and now Phoenix
    Im behind with the level, but my goal is to have all heroes anyways, so I am just collecting them. (Missing out 6 heroes complete and having 30 5*s is the current stand)

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    I rather own the hero due to RNG in portals especially difficulty 6.