Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old servers feel empty,what ucool gonna do about it?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Just do a migration features, will solve all this crappy issue.

No point debating, just allow migrate to older or latest server.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathClutch View Post
    Just do a migration features, will solve all this crappy issue.

No point debating, just allow migrate to older or latest server.
    Allowing migration to later server is a truly horrible idea and it would kill this game.

The easiest solution is to create a new server, but nit for new player, only for veterans.

An high level server, the condition to be in this server should be TL90, and all the reward should x2 in arena and GA since you compete against the highest lvl of players.

Please thumbs up this idea because I dont see any better solution.

This HL server could be waaaaaay more interesting if he has new feature like 3vs3 feature or the ability to fight every 10 minutes without limited numbers.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Server merging is inevitable sooner or later. When the monthly income cannot cover the maintenance cost of a few servers, they will start merging them together, not necessarily in any particular order provided that the time gap is not too wide. For example, s2 can be merged with s6, s7 but not s20. So esentially they only need 1 server to cover 3 which is much more efficient and profitable. The process is pretty simple, just changing data base path so not much of a problem as compare to individual account migration. The 2 released servers will be reused for either new HC servers or a new game. Just keep repeating this process until the cast cow runs dry and the company will close down the game while introducing another one. These are extremely common scenarios in today's mobile/web games so I don't expect much variations from ucool. At least HC is a lot more decent tons of greedy, money sucking games that I have chanced upon where you just get stuck eternally if you don't spend money and their sudden closure with a hypocritical apology left you nothing but distaste.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    So many ppl will lose their accounts when merging comes ... The merge would be a huge mess and the coders of uCool are incompetent to make it flawless They havent been even able to figure out the migration feature yet ... the first time they launched it, it was one big bug i kinda expect the same from server merges

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    or they could let us migrate to any server with our current character and not need to restart from lv 1......
    lel crap loot in hard crusade lel

Merge server, ez, total power of your top 5 heroes will decide your rank in first time log-in, same with GA.

But I would like to migrate between servers with same level cap. It would make this migration seems voluntary.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    Server merging is inevitable sooner or later. When the monthly income cannot cover the maintenance cost of a few servers, they will start merging them together, not necessarily in any particular order provided that the time gap is not too wide. For example, s2 can be merged with s6, s7 but not s20. So esentially they only need 1 server to cover 3 which is much more efficient and profitable. The process is pretty simple, just changing data base path so not much of a problem as compare to individual account migration. The 2 released servers will be reused for either new HC servers or a new game. Just keep repeating this process until the cast cow runs dry and the company will close down the game while introducing another one. These are extremely common scenarios in today's mobile/web games so I don't expect much variations from ucool. At least HC is a lot more decent tons of greedy, money sucking games that I have chanced upon where you just get stuck eternally if you don't spend money and their sudden closure with a hypocritical apology left you nothing but distaste.
    I assume server merges will happen at some point, but not due to the cost to maintain existing "servers". These are virtual servers, afterall, and I'm sure uCool is able to handle dozens of in-game "servers" on a single physical server. The need to merge will be largely driven by customer demand as more and more people complain about lack of activity.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Migration is more difficult than merger since you have to do it for case by case basic.

For account deletion concern, they can just make certain restrictions such as:

1. Non vip account
    2. Character below level 30
    3. Inactive for at least 3 months

When all criteria are met, just auto delete the character.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    Migration is more difficult than merger since you have to do it for case by case basic.

For account deletion concern, they can just make certain restrictions such as:

1. Non vip account
    2. Character below level 30
    3. Inactive for at least 3 months

When all criteria are met, just auto delete the character.
    If ucool publicly announce all 30-day-inactive account will be removed from server, they could delete any accounts they want. People won't complain if they all know the rule, that was their choice.

A merge would be extremely hard to implement since a lot of people have characters on multiple servers. What happens if a person has a character on S1, S2, and S3, then Ucool wants to implement a merge for these 3 servers? The entire logic would have to be changed for players to log in to specific characters instead of servers (opening up a whole range of coding issues that Ucool is, and will likely never be able to handle given their (excuse me) pathetic coding team), programming issues aside, allowing a single person to have more than one character on the same server opens up various 'exploits' which Ucool will want to avoid at all costs. Even though this is already possible, i.e. with multiple Google accounts, it's too much of a hassle and there's no real get-around for Ucool to prevent that. Further yet, Ucool will face mounting demands for refunds and whatnot if a merger was however instituted as players will inevitably complain of unfairness. In a game where people spend thousands of gems on a daily basis just to be a few days ahead in team levels and item farming etc, merging servers unilaterally (vis a vis a voluntary server migration to an older server which puts the user at his own disadvantage) automatically disadvantages all players on the newer server.

With all those considerations, Ucool will never implement mergers. It's opening a whole new can of worms that can really break their game.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 ThanHanhS38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    they need to merge server like S1-S5 as single one , no need "migrate" function
    Maybe S1 - S10, 10servers per merge But your idea is awesome
    Guild: BraveHeart
    Server: 38

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Livingmore View Post
    Merge server, ez, total power of your top 5 heroes will decide your rank in first time log-in, same with GA.

But I would like to migrate between servers with same level cap. It would make this migration seems voluntary.
    Right ez is it? On old servers most lvl capped have the same top 5 heroes, then what?

And if someone spent thousands and loses their arena rank, I think there would be massive outrage.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    merging will happen sooner or later,many servers are empty
    lel crap loot in hard crusade lel

Quote Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
    Right ez is it? On old servers most lvl capped have the same top 5 heroes, then what?

And if someone spent thousands and loses their arena rank, I think there would be massive outrage.
    You just need to see a top heroes power board, I doubt you will see 2 guys with exact same power. And that's not important cuz it's only the rank when server merge happens, people can take whatever rank they want as long as they have the power to do so.

One spent thousands and still got his ass kicked. The reason is very very simple, others spent more than him.