Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Soul Stone Farming

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

[Guide] Soul Stone Farming

Information

There are 63 heroes in this game, and we can't have them all. So which one's should we go for? The main purpose of this thread is to help new players, and not have them make the same mistakes you and I have made. This guide will include the heroes everyone regardless of VIP level should farm, and optional heroes for higher VIP level players. I will also rank these heroes in terms of how important they are in Arena, Guild Raids, Utility (Portal/Trials/Etc), Crusade, and also their overall importance in the game.

A Little Bit About Myself

I've been playing since January, and am currently level 87. However, I have played the *ahem* other version of this game for just about a year now, and even though the metagame is slightly different, most remain the same.

Now let's get started.

Must have Heroes

1. War Chief

War Chief is a two star hero that can be farmed fairly early in the game in Elite Stages 1, 4 and 7. He edges out against other tanks such as Brute, Shallows Keeper, etc due to his Purple skill; which lets War Chief revive himself during battle. War Chief's ultimate skill is pretty useless being a single target stun that doesn't do much damage. But his green skill is quiet powerful (especially when you land critical) and his blue skill gives your team a nice life steal aura which compliments heroes like Arcane Sapper and Monkey (or any physical hero) pretty well. If you're VIP 6+, I definitely recommend spending 20 gems to reset the stages as well.

However, he isn't too useful in Crusade since his Purple skill only lets him revive once in the whole 15 rounds of battle. And he's only decent in some non-boss stages in Guild Raids.

2. Vengeance Spirit

Vengeance Spirit is a three star hero, so I strongly suggest to wait until you get her card from either free gold chests or Crusade before you redeem her with Soul Stones. Doing so will save you 50 less Soul Stones to farm.

Her role is a middle lane DPS, who's one of the best DPS heroes even until late game (level 80+). She isn't all that useful in Crusade, Guild Raids (maybe in some non boss raids) and portals, but her dominance in Arena is enough to put her on this list. I do suggest to have her at atlas 4 stars before using her for Arena, or else she'd just be feeding energy to the other team. You can farm her in Elite stages 3 and 6, and later on 12. Again, if you're VIP 6+, I definitely recommend spending 20 gems to reset the stages.

3. Silencer

He's a must have for late game, I cannot stress how important 5 star Silencer is late game. He can be on any team, mage team, physical team, and he's a solid counter for all mage teams out there.

You can only farm him in elite stage 5 early on, but he becomes available in elite stages 12 and 13. You'll most likely get to farm him once Vengeance Spirit and War Chief reach 5 stars.

He's also useful in Crusade, Guild Raids (mainly Chapter 11 boss), Portal (Robot) and Trials (Cursed City 6th stage). Again, he's one of the few heroes that is a must have late game.

4. Shadow Leaf

For lower VIP (below 10) players who barely have enough gold coins to level up skills let alone opening bronze chests, Shadow Leaf is a good investment. She's very useful in Arena, Boss Raids, Trials, etc you won't regret getting her to 4-5 stars ASAP.

Obviously higher VIP players can just open bronze chests instead of farming for her. Nonetheless, it's good to have her at 5 stars. She can be farmed at elite stages 2, 8 and 12.

Optional Heroes

If you have extra gems to spend on farming soul stones, then these heroes are next on the list:

1. Depth Voice

She takes off and become really strong after Purple+3 when she gets her second Kreln Leaf. As a agility DPS with relative high INT, she becomes a decent counter to Arcane Sapper at level 80+ due to her high dodge level. She is a great defensive hero in Arena and Grand Arena, and becomes even stronger after she gets awakened at level 90. But Arena/Grand Arena would be her only use, as she is literally useless in everything else (Crusade/Guild Raid/Portal/etc).

She's only available in elite stages 4 and 10, so she'll be a slow farm. If you have the resources, and is interested in her, I suggest farming her from the very start to make it less painful in the end.

2. Savage One

He is useless in everything except Guild Raids (Boss), actually he is very good at boss raids simply due to his blue skill, which reduces armour. He is good for bosses from Chapter 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14. If you have extra gems to spend, get him to 4-5 stars for those bonus guild coins!

He is available in elite stages 3, 4 and 8 so he can be farmed fairly easily.

3. Shadow Shaman

Ultimate utility hero, useful in Hard Crusade and several Portal levels. He can be used in some arena teams involving Arcane Sapper/Ninja Assassin, but they aren't very mainstream.

I personally don't have him, and never found the use for him. But I have guild mates who are pretty sold on him.

4. Psychopath

If you're low VIP level, you most likely haven't opened enough bronze chests to have a 5 star Psychopath in end game. If that's the case, you can farm him in elite stages 11 and 12. He's a good INT tank after awakening at level 90, and he is needed in two Outland Portals (Robot, Caves).

Arena

1. Old Curse

You can only redeem Old Curse with Arena coins, but he's well worth it. Assuming you're in the top 100 in Arena rankings (which isn't all that hard to achieve if you buy stamina 6 times a day and do all your daily events), you'll get 500 Arena coins per day to redeem 5 Old Curse Soul Stones per day. Old Curse's ultimate skill slows down the enemy team and then freezes them. This often comes in very handy in Arena battles as the opponent freezes just as they're about to use their ultimate skills. His green, blue, and purple skill are all high damaging skills, which makes him useful in both Arena and Crusade.

As mentioned above, Old Curse is also very useful in Crusades (both normal and hard). His Ultimate can disable the enemy team, and the rest of his skills does very high magic damage.

Old Curse is useful in Outland Portals as well. He's can be used against Robot, and Dragon. And he's also useful against Crash Hill in Trials. He's only decent in some non-boss stages in Guild Raids.

2. Drunken Master (Panda)

Takes over as the main tank at level 72+ at Purple+2. Useful in Arena, some Guild Raids, Outland Portal (Phoenix), and Trials. Even though War Chief becomes stronger than Panda after level 87, Panda is still a very serviceable tank.

Crusade

1. Commando

Commando is available in Crusade shops, and is the one of the easiest heroes to get in the game. She will probably be your first 5 starred hero in the game as well. She's useful in both physical and magical teams, and she's useful in Crusade as well in early levels main due to her green skill Inspiration, which boosts your team's speed, physical power, and magical power. Not only that, her blue skill Overdraw fires an arrow which stuns the tank of the opposing team, often rendering him useless. To add on top of that, she has a nice AOE ultimate skill and a nice team Agility boost with her purple skill.

2. Frost Mage

Her purple skill passively decreases magic resistance of opposing teams, which is very good to have in a Magic power based team. She's good for Crusade, Trials, and most importantly, she is easy to get.

3. Mystic

A must have for any mage team against physical teams because of his green skill, which decreases the accuracy of the opponents team. His ultimate is quite powerful and his purple skill increase the magic power of your team. He's useful in Arena, Crusade, Trials, etc. And again, very easy to get.

Guild

1. Arcane Sapper

One of the few heroes that completely changed the metagame, the Anti-Mage. He destroys any mages on the opposing team in an instant. He dominates at around level 70, and become less OP at level 80+ (but still good). He's the first hero you should be targeting from the guild shop.

2. Disease Bringer

Once a VIP 11 hero, now in the guild shop. He's an utility hero that is useful for mostly Outland Portals, and later on Crusade. 4 Stars Disease Bringer is more than serviceable, but you can get him to 5 star if you have extra guild coins.

Grand Arena

Too many options, too little coins. Death Mage, Fallen Dominion, EmberBlade, Cloud Walker, Iron Hoof are all good choices. At this point, it really depends on what you need. If you're struggling with Crusade, go with Death Mage, if you need extra power in Arena go for Cloud Walker/Ember Blade. Based on overall usefulness of the heroes, I'd suggest:

1. Cloud Walker

Great in Arena, does insane damage in guild raids, and is useful in trials/outland portals, what more can you ask for? His illusions act as great a great confusion for enemies in Arena, and his ultimate does insane amounts of damage in Guild Raids.

2a. Death Mage

Like I said, decision from now on really depends on what you need. If you can rent a Death Mage from guild to complete crusade, then go for Ember first. If you're struggling with Crusade, go with Death Mage first.

2b. Ember Blade

Kind of OP right now, that's all I can say. There isn't a definite counter to Ember like there is for Arcane Sapper right now. Ember and Death Mage is interchangeable.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Good guide but surprised not to see Machinist in there.

Quote Originally Posted by vampymage View Post
    I'm not high on him, why?

He's not a necessity, someone who has not much use outside of a magic arena team outside of an occasional portal/guild raid. You can usually rent one from your guild for those purposes. Not to mention he's relative easy to get from Bronze chests, so there's no real reason to spend stamina to farm him let alone spending gems.

Again I wanted to make this to cater to newer players, obviously Machanist is a good hero to have for higher VIP levels as he gives you another dimension to your team. But for guys that are VIP 6 and below with limited resources, I wouldn't suggest getting him.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Quote Originally Posted by vampymage View Post
    He has helped me a lot in crusade and outland/raids. You can get him from Bronze chest. I wouldn't farm him using stamina.
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I posted this thread a while back

http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...es-who-to-farm

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    You forgot fallen dominion,he's a must have in my view

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Great list, I agree with all the heroes there. War Chief seems super squishy against magic teams even with his resurrect though.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend View Post
    You forgot fallen dominion,he's a must have in my view
    Good point, thanks for bringing it up.

The reason I excluded him is because there are so many good heroes Grand Arena Shop, but only so little coins.

Fallen Dominion serves the same purpose as monkey in Arena and Guild Raids, so it's redundant to get both of them IMO, especially if your resources are limited.

Fallen is easily countered by monkey and later on Awakened Depth Voice, as well as being weak to Magic power teams. Not to mention Monkey provides you with a little bit of utility in Portals as well.

Obviously this also depends on if you get Fallen or Monkey from crusade. If you get Fallen before monkey then by all means level up Fallen first. Death Mage is extremely important in Crusade (if you don't have Ninja) and trials, and the late game/future game in general that she's worth getting to five stars.

Quote Originally Posted by anhc View Post
    Great list, I agree with all the heroes there. War Chief seems super squishy against magic teams even with his resurrect though.
    That's because he has lowest magic resistance of all tanks, even lower than Panda. However, he makes up for it with 13500+ extra HP from his 2nd life and high physical resistance, as well as high life steal.

The next tank after War Chief and Panda I'd recommend is Admiral. At level 80+ your admiral should be at 4-5 stars from Bronze chests and you just have to worry about his expensive equipments from then.

Depends as well as this thread is aimed at lower levels so DM is the first must have heroe as she owns crusade,I recently started monkey as I used to rent him,I'm a regular top 20 in arena and I see no monkeys and if I remember right FD was impossible to kill before lv90 so not having him could cost ya in arena,monkey has a lot of utility at lv90 with plenty of places to use him but i would level DM/FD first and monkey last,panda is no longer used at lv90 and don't bother with pysicopath as even with legend skill he is a complete joke,I used VW/admiral/WC as my tanks in grand arena,anyone that is a must have if your doing portal is poison one.Savage one is not great on boss 13/14 in raid and if your in a top guild that's all you be doing so forget him.Again disease bringer was little to no use outside portals and he's just slows down crusade,what you need to remember taking 1/2 heroes for there utility in portals is not a good call unless you commit to them,you will need 5 select heroes to do 5/6 so having 1 or 2 is a bad call.Crusade is your bread and butter so heroes that rule and are needed here are mystic/DM/DK/chaplain/VS/ with heroes like LM/LG/commando and some tanks for the later stages

Depends as well as this thread is aimed at lower levels so DM is the first must have heroe as she owns crusade,I recently started monkey as I used to rent him,I'm a regular top 20 in arena and I see no monkeys and if I remember right FD was impossible to kill before lv90 so not having him could cost ya in arena,monkey has a lot of utility at lv90 with plenty of places to use him but i would level DM/FD first and monkey last,panda is no longer used at lv90 and don't bother with pysicopath as even with legend skill he is a complete joke,I used VW/admiral/WC as my tanks in grand arena,anyone that is a must have if your doing portal is poison one.Savage one is not great on boss 13/14 in raid and if your in a top guild that's all you be doing so forget him.Again disease bringer was little to no use outside portals and he's just slows down crusade,what you need to remember taking 1/2 heroes for there utility in portals is not a good call unless you commit to them,you will need 5 select heroes to do 5/6 so having 1 or 2 is a bad call.Crusade is your bread and butter so heroes that rule and are needed here are mystic/DM/DK/chaplain/VS/ with heroes like LM/LG/commando and some tanks for the later stages
    Death Mage can be rented from any decent guild. A three starred Death Mage or even a two starred Death Mage is more than enough for Crusade at earlier levels. I'm also a regular top 20 in my server and Monkey's appearance rate is 80%~, just as much as Fallen if not more. Monkey pairs up very well with Awakened Mystic as well, due to the added Magic resistance bonus. Fallen on the other hand, loses out to Ember in terms of Arena. The ideal situation is to have all of them (from Crusade), but if you had to choose, I'd go with Monkey. Like you said, Monkey adds some utility as well.

Psychopath is not a joke, he has Arena value as well as utility value. What else do you want from a hero that doesn't eat up too much equips, and relative easy to farm? Not to mention the stages that drop his Soul Stones also drop Moonglow and Bags of Holding respectively.

Poison one can be rented easily, and he only needs to be 3 stars purple +1 to get past 6th stage Robot.

Disease bringer again, is quiet easy to get and doesn't eat up a lot of equips. He's needed in Hard Crusade as more and more people become level 90, and he provides great utility value. Again, I don't see what else more you'd want from a hero that you can get to 4 stars very easily, and doesn't eat a lot of equipment.

I'm on a sever that anyone in the top 100 can be number 1 in arena so might just be different in yours cause this is a old server with lots of high VIPs,death bringer is in no way or form needed for hard crusade and to be honest hard crusade can be easily done with 6 heroes let alone the 15/20 you should have in stock,non of the heroes mentioned are bad it depends on what your aims are,a high VIP can't give a f2p player advice as he's not goin have the gear pool as him,saying heroes are easy to gear don't apply to free players who can't buy gear or even do the 5/6 stamina a day to grind gear so every piece is important so there decision making needs to be right,crusade is the key so I'd work on that with arena a second thought,I would honestly laugh if I saw pysio in a top arena team as he is useless there and a easy win,eb is annoying and so is machinest in the right set up,snapper/commando/leaves shadow/WC all must haves early on but not used at lv90 arena so advice is not always easy to give.You will also get guys with low VIP jump in and say I'm top with low VIP and have 30 orange heroes,they got lucky with there server and because they were aware early on of the heroes to get they were able to top arena from a early level and get 550 gems a day,people in my guild alone have spent over 5k real cash so topping the charts was never an option for me as they were 5* when I was 3*,keep grinding and you will get there eventually

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    what godsend and pikachu said got their own point. i notice that different server, u might need to adopt different heroes accordingly. since there is not one "unbeatable" team after all.

i personally think that psychopath is not a bad hero. he is useful in portals. and portals give u valuable loots like moonglow, bag of holding, yew bolts etc, in which save you a lot of time in farming them. of course u will need other heroes to support him e.g. PO, FM etc

and death bringer, although he can be easily obtained (maybe for my scenario since i always get top 1-3 in guild raids) and geared up too. but i really dont find him much useful in hard crusade. only in one or two stages sometimes i will summon his inferno to tank the damage. but for all the times, Mystic, Com, FM, DM and Chap is more stable and i can run the whole crusade without much trouble. thats why for guild coins, i wouldn't suggest DB. i would rather go for tusked storm for portal purpose, he is quite economical as well

Fair enough, I personally don't use Disease Bringer for Hard Crusade in this game either.

But I do find that Disease Bringer will become useful when the first level you face in Crusade is level 90 orange heroes. (It's what happened when Hard Crusade first came out in the Chinese version)

Again, I recommend him simply because nobody else in Guild Shop is worth getting. Lunar Guardian is simply a bad investment and provides no value at level 90, same with Troll. Disease Bringer on the other hand, can be usable in several Portals at 3-4* Purple +3.

Agree there ain't many bad heroes in the game but unless your doing portals at level 5/6 then the gear is going be fairly crap and low amounts,do your research on portals as you will need 5 select heroes to compete the harder stages when it's worth while,portals to me are annoying atm cause they force you into get heroes like master Mage and pilot,all that grinding for little reward and even with select 5/6 can still be annoying,check the portals that have gear you want and need and work on maybe 2 teams to start with and that will gear more,again most are f2p players so saying you should be able to have 25 heroes is not always a option,people have life's and might not get on everyday so they need to be more aware of there spending