Thread: Grand arena reward scaling

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11

Grand arena reward scaling

The scaling for rewards is terrible. For players stuck in rank higher ranks of the 11-200 bracket getting 34/hour have little to no motivation to move upward in ranks. if they had more motivation maybe it would cause more players to spend on upgrading heroes and getting grand arena resets.

Should change it to
    1 50
    2 49
    3 48
    4 47
    5,6 46
    7,8 45
    9,10 44
    11-20 43
    21-30 42
    31-40 41
    41-50 40
    51-60 39
    61-70 38
    71-80 37
    81-90 36
    91-100 35
    101-200 34
    And the rest as it is now

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    If they increase the amounts for lower ranks, they have to increase the amount for higher ranks too.
    Level: 90 Server: 18 VIP: 13 Leader of Top Guild on Server/ All Heroes Power: 446,864

New Comers
    I would also suggest that higher ranked players are also treated a little more fairly. Personally I am struggling to break into the top 1000. Every time, and I mean every time, I slowly move up to the area around rank 800 or so a I am....within a day maximum.....beaten by a single fight 1000+ places back up. As happened today, from 850ish to 2400ish in one battle. I don't believe you should be able to drop or rise so rapidly, personally I am done with Arena for the moment. Its pointless and frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyBunny View Post
    I would also suggest that higher ranked players are also treated a little more fairly. Personally I am struggling to break into the top 1000. Every time, and I mean every time, I slowly move up to the area around rank 800 or so a I am....within a day maximum.....beaten by a single fight 1000+ places back up. As happened today, from 850ish to 2400ish in one battle. I don't believe you should be able to drop or rise so rapidly, personally I am done with Arena for the moment. Its pointless and frustrating!
    It's the same thing as losing rank 1 to rank 6. You can earn the same amount you lose its just 1 fight away.

New Comers
    With respect, the rewards scaling may be the same, but the distance to travel to get to the next reward boundary is huge when you drop so many spots. With 5 fights a day and an average of 50 to 100 spots jumped per fight (unless you are lucky) the time to creep back up is ridiculous. And knowing you will just be slapped in the family jewels makes it not worth the effort until your brig is truly top 500 ready. From a playability, enjoyability and contentment point of view Arena is terrible at my level (69). I completely understand your point on rewards, and that each fight will be harder, but its a limited amount of fights to gain back your lost position.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    With respect, the rewards scaling may be the same, but the distance to travel to get to the next reward boundary is huge when you drop so many spots. With 5 fights a day and an average of 50 to 100 spots jumped per fight (unless you are lucky) the time to creep back up is ridiculous. And knowing you will just be slapped in the family jewels makes it not worth the effort until your brig is truly top 500 ready. From a playability, enjoyability and contentment point of view Arena is terrible at my level (69). I completely understand your point on rewards, and that each fight will be harder, but its a limited amount of fights to gain back your lost position.
    No, he literally meant it. If you got beaten, you can attack the same place you have been on before. If you cannot beat it, then you have been too high for your level and you should consider yourself lucky to find a weak opponent :-)

I think spreading the rewards more would be better too. Though it's kind of rewarding to have a higher rank for arena rewards anyway. Just at a specific time and not the whole day.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I can't believe there are 2000+ people playing on same server, what server are you?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    I'm happy with current prize. The problem of GA is it supports those high VIP players much more than low/non VIP players. 100% high ranking players are VIP 11+ players with nearly full set heroes, especially those CW,FD,EB,IH heroes; virtually the GA ranking is similar to Total power ranking. Changing ga prize won't help us all.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Se7en Strife's Avatar
    Yea, GA has already become pointless to me except for dailies since I'm not the top ten type of player due to my low VIP lvl of 8. The token per hour doesn't change from rank 11 to rank 200 as well. For a top50 player, I don't really get the push to aim higher lol.
    Violent Resolution - #Everyone's An Enemy#

♏️Se7en

s58 Corvus Nemesis Officer
    s54 Arrec [SG]Silent Leader

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7en Strife View Post
    Yea, GA has already become pointless to me except for dailies since I'm not the top ten type of player due to my low VIP lvl of 8. The token per hour doesn't change from rank 11 to rank 200 as well. For a top50 player, I don't really get the push to aim higher lol.
    Get into a better guild. My guild allows for VIP 7s to get into top of grand arena.
    Level: 90 Server: 18 VIP: 13 Leader of Top Guild on Server/ All Heroes Power: 446,864

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    GA in my server, is basically who have more free time than others, since it's impossible to defend more than 3 consecutive attacks even at rank 1. The top 10 positions are usually taken by the top guild and it seems like they have no life or something because everytime I break in, they would take it back in less than 30 mins. I have tried to contest it seriously but it only lead to reset wars which cost us both quite a lot of gems so I decided to just forget about GA ranking for now. Just save my chances to climb rank 1 at reward time which can be done without much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Get into a better guild. My guild allows for VIP 7s to get into top of grand arena.
    My guild has the top 10 on lock down. Some days I can't even get into the top 10 because we're not hitting each other. So a better guild wont help me.

I just think its stupid to reward only 10 people out of servers with 1000s of players. Maybe they could boost the top 10 but also increase the 11-100 and keep 101-200+ the same.

1 50
    2 49
    3 48
    4 47
    5 46
    6 45
    7 44
    8 43
    9 42
    10 40
    11-20 37
    21-60 36
    61-100 35
    101-200 34

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Yes the distribution is really messed up. The fact that you are getting the same coins/hour at rank 1x as compare to rank 4xx is just sad. For now GA seems to serve practically no purpose at moderate rankings as arena is MUCH easier to climb than GA.