Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream team

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    This is the point where I stop talking to you as if you knew what you were talking about. VW teams are very sketchy versus generic offensive teams with Commando. Sketchy enough to avoid them.
    Good idea. What he's making a failing attempt to do is say that a random idiot see's a VW/EB team and intentionally picks a team that has no chance of winning to make his point. THEN what he's also saying at the same time is that If you decided to play offensively a VW/EB team vs any team make up with Commando on the opposing side that RNG luck (redundancy) has an off chance to win (meaning its likely they will because you are an idiot sacrificing EB intentionally making the fight a 4v5 before you even start).

This is why i stopped talking to him earlier.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    wow , lots of team suggestion

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by commandoknight View Post
    wow , lots of team suggestion
    You want team suggestions? Here you go:

VW/EB/Silencer plus two Mages is a great offensive team, though try to Attack teams without commando. It's garbage on defense, use something else.

There are three primary offensive choices. FD, EB, and a bunch of Mages. FD and EB can work alone, Mages need to be used in groups. Mages include Machinist, OC, FM, Mystic, and to a much lesser extent Phoenix.

There are a number of solid heroes who are both support/cc and good DPS. These include but are not limited to DV, Silencer, VS, OC, AS, and CW. DV can also tank on offense against a pure physical team.

WC is the most versatile tank and the best tank for a generic offensive team. Panda is underrated vs physical but a liability vs magic, and is the best tank for a cc heavy team. Admiral/IH are the best meat shields, best tanks for mages. These aren't set in stone, as I've seen Admiral, Panda, and WC used on just about any team.

Commando and Shadowleaf are useful support but a little weak overall at endgame. There are some niche pieces like Lunar Guardian but I'm lazy and don't feel like spelling those out.

On defense, a generic mix of offense and cc has the least obvious counters. On offense, it helps to have a flexible roster to attack a team's weaknesses.

A normal team with commando doesn't just burst down eb immediately unless its build specifically to do so, simple as that, no 4v5.
    Depending on what type of team the enemy uses, its generally easy to beat defence physical commando teams with vw-mystic and commando magic teams(rare) with vw-necro.
    I used to avoid attacking commando defence teams before too but I no longer feel the need to do that after some trial and error.

No point saying further, I based my points on personal experience which may be different from yours.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeplaz View Post
    A normal team with commando doesn't just burst down eb immediately unless its build specifically to do so, simple as that, no 4v5.
    Depending on what type of team the enemy uses, its generally easy to beat defence physical commando teams with vw-mystic and commando magic teams(rare) with vw-necro.
    I used to avoid attacking commando defence teams before too but I no longer feel the need to do that after some trial and error.

No point saying further, I based my points on personal experience which may be different from yours.
    I think you should go back to your best thread "outland portal guide" where ppl tend to believe on whatever you said there. The com-fm-mach-oc-dm is like giving 90% win rate to vw/eb.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7

Since next to no one uses necro on their teams and no one with any experience uses VW as a defensive tank i dont see a point to anything you just posted... how can you have personal experience with this when there is nearly no one that does that....
    Not only that but there are many reasons to use commando as a defense. Even if her starting arrow doesnt stun it forces the opponent to use someone who can survive an initial onslaught after being stunned which generates people like you to use certain choices when building the offensive team. Its not always about strength its about strategy.

I'm not even sure why you still post on threads... no one even listens to you anymore anyways... most of the time we just have to post to let other members know to not follow what you say. It's rather exhausting sometimes.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    I'm not even sure why you still post on threads... no one even listens to you anymore anyways... most of the time we just have to post to let other members know to not follow what you say. It's rather exhausting sometimes.
    now now guys no need to make the fight!!!1 we all be some friend at this place
    Support from the good friend here forum:

"You are the reason why I am still coming back to this forum everyday. Thank you!" -BadFerret

"Thanks Doc!" -Zäschi

"You should move to Lilith and work there!" -ZantGX (impress by my skill)

"This thread delivers!" -Apoxie

"Will be so much better, when you finally are a mod." -BadFerret

"You never fail to make me laugh. Nosferatu for forums mod! " -Ferico

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSch- View Post
    If you watch top 10 of your server you will most likely see something like EB,Silencer,VW, + 2 others like Mystic/CW/VS because EB is kinda annoying and heals easily back to 100% after getting down by initial burst which would maybe come closest to "dream team" since most people only counter it by kinda mirror matchups.
    Nobody is stupid enough to defend with VW team.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by spacelion View Post
    Nobody is stupid enough to defend with VW team.
    Tons of people do actually so don't talk out of your ass. Not saying it's the right or wrong answer but don't make blanket statements

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    Since next to no one uses necro on their teams and no one with any experience uses VW as a defensive tank i dont see a point to anything you just posted... how can you have personal experience with this when there is nearly no one that does that...
    Because I have necro? Is that impossible?

Also, your team doesn't work that reliably on vw-eb-nix-mystic teams, I have tried quite a few times so far

It's like you guys only have one/two teams in mind and anyone not using those teams is in the "wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinou View Post
    I think you should go back to your best thread "outland portal guide" where ppl tend to believe on whatever you said there. The com-fm-mach-oc-dm is like giving 90% win rate to vw/eb.
    That doesn't work on all vw teams.
    A forum isn't a place to have ppl
    "believe" what you say, it's a place for ppl to discuss and shared experiences, tho it seems like lots of ppl post so that they can "win" at something

That doesn't work on all vw teams.
    A forum isn't a place to have ppl
    "believe" what you say, it's a place for ppl to discuss and shared experiences, tho it seems like lots of ppl post so that they can "win" at something
    In your experience, besides the team with necro, is there another viable VW team that could defend against the cookie cutter comm-fm-mach-oc-dm team?

Quote Originally Posted by shondaime View Post
    In your experience, besides the team with necro, is there another viable VW team that could defend against the cookie cutter comm-fm-mach-oc-dm team?
    So far, mainly vw-eb-sil-nix-mystic has a decent chance to defend although attacking team still has a higher win rate.

I belive a more balanced anti-vw team would be legend psycho-dm-oc-fm-comm.
    I see this counter team quite often in ga and even against non-vw teams, it's still not bad.
    Also, it's possible to break even a necro vw team with this because sometimes psycho legend skill muti-casts and can kill even a magic resist up eb

So far, mainly vw-eb-sil-nix-mystic has a decent chance to defend although attacking team still has a higher win rate.

I belive a more balanced anti-vw team would be legend psycho-dm-oc-fm-comm.
    I see this counter team quite often in ga and even against non-vw teams, it's still not bad.
    Also, it's possible to break even a necro vw team with this because sometimes psycho legend skill muti-casts and can kill even a magic resist up eb
    I used to use vw-eb-cw-sil-ls team as a defense, but recently people started dropping naga in favor oc and my win rate has dropped considerably on defense. I have yet to see the legend psycho team, but I will keep that in mind.
    So if a vw team isn't a good defense in arena, what do you think is currently a good defense in the meta considering vw teams are still fairly decent on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by shondaime View Post
    I used to use vw-eb-cw-sil-ls team as a defense, but recently people started dropping naga in favor oc and my win rate has dropped considerably on defense. I have yet to see the legend psycho team, but I will keep that in mind.
    So if a vw team isn't a good defense in arena, what do you think is currently a good defense in the meta considering vw teams are still fairly decent on offense.
    My vw team has lost to teams like admiral/wc-FD-eb/cw-vs-sl.
    Normally it's because vs can get off her us due to not enough crits to take her down fast enough. Or sometimes sl silences most/all the mages cutting off quite a lot of magic damage.

That type of team is however, a little weak to iron hoof+4 mages teams.

I find that the older the server, the deeper most ppl's hero pool becomes, the harder it becomes to defend, while it becomes easy to attack.