Thread: Emberblade's position in the game right now.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Emberblade's position in the game right now.

Greetings my fellow HC fans!

I've decided to create a post about Emberblade(EB) and his place in the game in this patch and since his release. I will try to make it short and be accurate. If you disagree or have feedback that I may add into the post, please post it so. I would appreciate it a lot.

So, Emberblade? Who is he and what does he do?

Well he is a tiny red haired panda, which is all of the following:

• Support - Root-CC, Spell Taunter
    • Bruiser - Has a lot of sustain in form of invulnerability and absorb shield, while dealing a fair *cough* amount of damage.
    • Assassin - Can by chance completely tear the enemy backline apart with his purple passive, and he can land at the enemy backline while he shreds them safe when he has his absorb shield on.
    • Mage - Has a lot of AoE Fire Damage in all of his spells, which all has short cooldowns with no risk or penalties for using them wrong(a bad timing, like Master Mage sometimes imprison a enemy and saving them so they get CDs back)

By the looks of it, he is an all-around hero which has the kit that suits the PvP meta. (haha..who am I kidding? Emberblade CREATED his own meta)
    All of you guys who has met an Emberblade during your crusade, you guys know how much we appreciate ucool for this free sign-in hero that everyone could have at his release month. He is just a nice little fellow and we just love meeting him in 8/10 teams.

You could say, the hero designers created a successful hero, if the purpose is to create a instant-popular hero that everybody wants to have in their team.

Now, time for the honesty. I believe that Emberblade is in a bad position right now. He has become a "must-have champion" like commando, only difference is that he was a free hero and that he is a lot more powerful for the team compared to commando.

Emberblades kit is simply way to powerful with the damage he has as well. I know that a lot of you may argue against me and say that "Emberblade is feeding the enemy alot of energy!!%3!!131".

I've just battled against teams with Emberblade for at least 100+ times now, and every single time, I tried to figure out a specific counter hero/counter combo for him, and I have not yet succeeded. That is a major problem to me, that a hero with such a strong kit, does not have a direct counter, as any other hero in the game has. Strange thing is, Emberblade's spells does "Fire Damage", assuming that his spells does magic damage, they should be effected by silence as well. But they are not. Silence do not work on emberblade. When people complain about cloud walker/arcane sapper/fallen dominion, I just laugh for a bit, while thinking that those players haven't figured out how to counter these heroes yet. Now, I've really really been thinking a lot about Emberblade, and how to counter him hard, but I just can't seem to find the hard counter for in arena/grand arena. This hero has made me curse, swear, yell, slamming my table and my phone countless of times because I really think that he is unfair compared to how easy he is obtained and how easy he fits all teams regardless if the enemy team using a very weak setup.

I'll just post a picture of a match I had in the grand arena earlier today. It demonstrates the power of emberblade compared to some of the other "most overall" overpowered heroes in the game(Ninja Assasin, Cloud walker etc)
    Picture: http://imgur.com/T8duxSN

I believe, that Emberblade really needs a slam with the nerfhammer. It feels like that ever since Emberblade joined the game, he created a new cluster meta, only making a very few heroes viable in mid/high ranked if you want to succeed and not be beaten by a weak team with a Emberblade. NOTICE. I AM SPEAKING FOR ALL PLAYERS LVL 50+ (As emberblade's powerspike hits when he unlocks his purple passive)

I want you guys to help me either finding a hard counter to Emberblade, or help me supporting this view of him and hopefully give ideas of how Ucool's hero developers can nerf Emberblade without hurting his kit too much.

I agree completely. Intend to overlook players with ember as i know i stand a less than 50% chance of success. I myself have ember but not as steong as other players. So def. ember needs to calm down a little

New Comers
    I totally agree.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    You are so basic b1tch.
    Sv27 - Lv89 (WarChief-ArcaneSapper-FallenDominion-Commando-Mystic) N 1 Guild in the Server: King War. FTW.-

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 max1912's Avatar
    I won 90% when met EB team until now. He seem normal for most players who understand this game.
    You just didn't spend enough time for this game Malward.
    I think VW is the one who make his own meta. Nice Hero
    S20 - lvl90

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Ember is a monster and sometimes will best your team single handed with multiple purple skills and ults. The thing he is ruining to me is crusade. My god even 10 levels lower he takes half my back lines hp and he is on everyone's team.

Ember is pretty powerful, but he needs a good tank in front of him (or on his side at least, otherwise leaves the mid/back characters open from the begin), he's also not too tanky vs phisical dmg dealers and still under FD's power if you want to compare