Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: noobie here!

  1. #1
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5

    noobie here!

    Let me start off by saying that I read the stickies and searched for answers myself but things seem outdated and was wondering if they were still up to date? Heres what i need confirmation on:
    1) is warchief and shallows keeper good tanks still?
    2) dk is not exactly needed but its good to have?
    3) commandos a good one?
    4) wind master and old curse is good for dps?
    5) chaplain is queen of heals?
    6) heard death mage is op? So much aoe dmg, silence and heals?
    7) what do people do to raise team lvl ? All i use stamina refresh for is to farm WC and gear for my heros...

    Anything ive missed that is important? Or anything that can help me out in general?
    Last edited by cfaliao; 04-08-2015 at 04:40 AM. Reason: forgot to list down #7 haha

  2. #2
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Mikasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    10
    This is exactly why we need Mod to renew sticky to avoid misguide new people. We are changing meta every version and thats kinda outdated.

    1. Literally tank, there are more option now than SK. I.e admiral legendary or IH. WC still used anyway for semi-DPS tank.
    2. I'd say good to have if you can get him free.
    3. Yes still
    4. Prefer farm for OC, pray for free WM.
    5. Yes still
    6. So far she is almost needed in every instance. I had myself *5 but some said 4* is enough

  3. #3
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    19
    1.. WC must have after turn purple.. purple skill rocks.. IH, Panda at P2, are good tanks too but SK easy to farm
    2.. DK can be use in normal, elite map, crusade hard mode... if u have, then why not, if u dont, dont exchange him from arena
    3.. commando must have if u can clear hard mode crusade everyday, 2600 dragon points. why not spend 500 on her daily
    4.. yes, OC must have too, go for it in arena. wind fall off map after P1 i think. she charges ulti so slow..
    5.. yes, of coz. u need her in hard mode. at least i do, she is the reason i clean it 15/15 everyday
    6.. DM must have too for hard mode crusade, u dont need a tank if u have a good DM or can hire one from ur guild
    7.. 1720 daily exp if u clean all ur daily missions include outland and that include buying staminas twice a day which u have to VIP 3. $2.99 if u willing to spend.. i saying the number is coz some players like to count if they can level up before they go to bed or they wanna wait for other day..

  4. #4
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikasa View Post
    This is exactly why we need Mod to renew sticky to avoid misguide new people. We are changing meta every version and thats kinda outdated.

    1. Literally tank, there are more option now than SK. I.e admiral legendary or IH. WC still used anyway for semi-DPS tank.
    2. I'd say good to have if you can get him free.
    3. Yes still
    4. Prefer farm for OC, pray for free WM.
    5. Yes still
    6. So far she is almost needed in every instance. I had myself *5 but some said 4* is enough
    1) who's IH? Should i give up on SK and just focus on gearing WC and my new commando and death nage?

    2) recommend farming him?
    3) good haha i just bought her xD
    4) in 5/30 on OC and i have WM so yay!
    5) awesome haha
    6) waw ok so i needa gear her abd level her up asap...

  5. #5
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by linyijun View Post
    1.. WC must have after turn purple.. purple skill rocks.. IH, Panda at P2, are good tanks too but SK easy to farm
    2.. DK can be use in normal, elite map, crusade hard mode... if u have, then why not, if u dont, dont exchange him from arena
    3.. commando must have if u can clear hard mode crusade everyday, 2600 dragon points. why not spend 500 on her daily
    4.. yes, OC must have too, go for it in arena. wind fall off map after P1 i think. she charges ulti so slow..
    5.. yes, of coz. u need her in hard mode. at least i do, she is the reason i clean it 15/15 everyday
    6.. DM must have too for hard mode crusade, u dont need a tank if u have a good DM or can hire one from ur guild
    7.. 1720 daily exp if u clean all ur daily missions include outland and that include buying staminas twice a day which u have to VIP 3. $2.99 if u willing to spend.. i saying the number is coz some players like to count if they can level up before they go to bed or they wanna wait for other day..
    1) ill keep in mind IH and panda! Ty!
    2) so you dont recommend using arena on him eh?
    3,4,5,6)ahhh ok so ill focus on chaplain, old curse and commando And death mage?
    7) hehe yes im vip 6 and i have monthly card as well! ^^

  6. #6
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by cfaliao View Post
    1) ill keep in mind IH and panda! Ty!
    2) so you dont recommend using arena on him eh?
    3,4,5,6)ahhh ok so ill focus on chaplain, old curse and commando And death mage?
    7) hehe yes im vip 6 and i have monthly card as well! ^^
    IH for iron hoof, only in grand area which require level 60.. however dont worth to use grand arena tokens to exchange him. u have better choice in grand area...
    Panda, ONLY in arena, however u should invest in old curse until at least 4 stars...
    Arena go OC first. Grand area u can pick death mage or cloud walker or fallen dominion, depends on WHO u need or WHAT u like to get better..
    Death mage makes ur crusade much easier...
    Cloud walker is all around hero can use anywhere but DM rocks crusade better than CW...
    Fallen Dominion is for arena, u know what i talking about when u face one already...
    When u dont have DK and IH by opening gold chest or from crusade, u can keep farming SK...
    u need a second even a third tank when u reach level 60 for grand arena

  7. #7
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by linyijun View Post
    IH for iron hoof, only in grand area which require level 60.. however dont worth to use grand arena tokens to exchange him. u have better choice in grand area...
    Panda, ONLY in arena, however u should invest in old curse until at least 4 stars...
    Arena go OC first. Grand area u can pick death mage or cloud walker or fallen dominion, depends on WHO u need or WHAT u like to get better..
    Death mage makes ur crusade much easier...
    Cloud walker is all around hero can use anywhere but DM rocks crusade better than CW...
    Fallen Dominion is for arena, u know what i talking about when u face one already...
    When u dont have DK and IH by opening gold chest or from crusade, u can keep farming SK...
    u need a second even a third tank when u reach level 60 for grand arena
    Ahhh ok ill stick with DM for now! So heres my lineup for now
    SK, brute/savage one, commando, WM, ice mage, chaplain, DM.
    So her3, my focus will be commando and DM ? Then keep using 2 fronts until i get OC and WC then my lineup will be
    WC, OC, Commando, WM, DM? (Substitute WM for chaplain in crusade?)

  8. #8
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by cfaliao View Post
    Let me start off by saying that I read the stickies and searched for answers myself but things seem outdated and was wondering if they were still up to date? Heres what i need confirmation on:
    1) is warchief and shallows keeper good tanks still?
    2) dk is not exactly needed but its good to have?
    3) commandos a good one?
    4) wind master and old curse is good for dps?
    5) chaplain is queen of heals?
    6) heard death mage is op? So much aoe dmg, silence and heals?
    7)

    Anything ive missed that is important? Or anything that can help me out in general?
    Hey fellow noobie here so ill help and i agree with what everybody said.

    1) WC is very handy at purple. Before that he is meh. Shallows keeper does not turn real good until purple. But his aoe stun comes in handy verse phoenix teams and lighting elemental
    2) dk is not necassary to have, but you need to in a guild with some to rent. I rented one every day, and can beat hard mode crusade with it usually. I finally bought mine in arena, but could have had dmaster.
    3. Commando is awesome, and a staple. I never stopped putting crusade points into her, and have her at 4* at lvl 63.
    4) Windmaster is good at dps if you get free hero card. There are other heros in crusade worth more than her. OC is amazing hands down. get him to 3-4 star then go for druken master.
    5) yes and becomes even more amazing if you have mystic and commando in team then pop heal right at the start of the battle.
    6) yes Death mage is very OP. I rolled a dice to decide who to work on first in grand arena. Cloud worker won over IH/DM/Emberblade.
    7) You will want 17 heros at minimum to keep maxed. 3 grand arena teams, 2 mercs.
    8) buy everything that costs gold in stores. You never know when you will need it.

  9. #9
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by strikeninja4787 View Post
    Hey fellow noobie here so ill help and i agree with what everybody said.

    1) WC is very handy at purple. Before that he is meh. Shallows keeper does not turn real good until purple. But his aoe stun comes in handy verse phoenix teams and lighting elemental
    2) dk is not necassary to have, but you need to in a guild with some to rent. I rented one every day, and can beat hard mode crusade with it usually. I finally bought mine in arena, but could have had dmaster.
    3. Commando is awesome, and a staple. I never stopped putting crusade points into her, and have her at 4* at lvl 63.
    4) Windmaster is good at dps if you get free hero card. There are other heros in crusade worth more than her. OC is amazing hands down. get him to 3-4 star then go for druken master.
    5) yes and becomes even more amazing if you have mystic and commando in team then pop heal right at the start of the battle.
    6) yes Death mage is very OP. I rolled a dice to decide who to work on first in grand arena. Cloud worker won over IH/DM/Emberblade.
    7) You will want 17 heros at minimum to keep maxed. 3 grand arena teams, 2 mercs.
    8) buy everything that costs gold in stores. You never know when you will need it.
    1) hehe ok so WC over SK?
    2) ahhh so dont rush it. In in a guild with a dk so thats good enough xD
    3.5) whats the best strategy for crusade?
    4)yeah im working OC atm >. < 5/30 haha
    5) ahhh im still trying to gear up commando >. <
    6) im excited to finish gearing up commando so i can gear up DM!
    7)yes i have 26 heros but most are shit haha so ill have to be patient and farm good ones..
    8) hehe yes i actually do that with the exact same mindset xD

  10. #10
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by cfaliao View Post
    Let me start off by saying that I read the stickies and searched for answers myself but things seem outdated and was wondering if they were still up to date? Heres what i need confirmation on:
    1) is warchief and shallows keeper good tanks still?
    2) dk is not exactly needed but its good to have?
    3) commandos a good one?
    4) wind master and old curse is good for dps?
    5) chaplain is queen of heals?
    6) heard death mage is op? So much aoe dmg, silence and heals?
    7)

    Anything ive missed that is important? Or anything that can help me out in general?
    1. WC is never worse than the 2nd best tank and probably the best endgame tank overall. SK is mediocre but available, when most of the alternatives are unavailable.
    2. DK is nice to have but shouldn't be farmed as he's the 4th most important hero in the arena store. Unless he's 5 stars you shouldn't be investing gear on him either.
    3. Commando is useful everywhere
    4. Old Curse is damn good DPS, Wind Master stops being useful after purple though has some niche uses endgame.
    5. Nobody heals better than Chaplain, for Hard Crusade she needs to be maxed out and there is no substitute.
    6. Death Mage is amazing everywhere but arena. Amazing isn't a strong enough word, she's absolutely essential. Should be your first priority from the Grand Arena shop, but 3-4 stars is enough.

  11. #11
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    1. WC is never worse than the 2nd best tank and probably the best endgame tank overall. SK is mediocre but available, when most of the alternatives are unavailable.
    2. DK is nice to have but shouldn't be farmed as he's the 4th most important hero in the arena store. Unless he's 5 stars you shouldn't be investing gear on him either.
    3. Commando is useful everywhere
    4. Old Curse is damn good DPS, Wind Master stops being useful after purple though has some niche uses endgame.
    5. Nobody heals better than Chaplain, for Hard Crusade she needs to be maxed out and there is no substitute.
    6. Death Mage is amazing everywhere but arena. Amazing isn't a strong enough word, she's absolutely essential. Should be your first priority from the Grand Arena shop, but 3-4 stars is enough.
    1) if WC is 2nd best tank, who's #1?
    2) ahhh ok ok i will just use him as a hired merc then! ^^
    3)hehe not sure why she is though, her haste at the beginning lasts for so short and half of it is used to run to the field >. <
    4) ahhh ok so once i get OC, sub WM out for OC?
    5) hehe seems like she's a staple to all crusade teams :P is she used often elsewhere?
    6) DM yah im so excited haha im almost done getting commando up to date ^^

  12. #12
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by cfaliao View Post
    1) if WC is 2nd best tank, who's #1?
    2) ahhh ok ok i will just use him as a hired merc then! ^^
    3)hehe not sure why she is though, her haste at the beginning lasts for so short and half of it is used to run to the field >. <
    4) ahhh ok so once i get OC, sub WM out for OC?
    5) hehe seems like she's a staple to all crusade teams :P is she used often elsewhere?
    6) DM yah im so excited haha im almost done getting commando up to date ^^
    1. Panda is better than WC between P+2 and P+4. WC is best the best all-around tank at Orange, though Panda, DV, and Admiral/IH all have their uses. Some people would add VW to that list, but VW isn't a tank and the VW team works without a tank.
    2. Yes hired merc. Once you have DM or can hire her instead, you don't even need a rented merc DK.
    3. Her haste in the beginning wins you the match. Try not using her and see how bad it is without her. It's not until the very end of the game that not using her becomes an option.
    4. Yes, replace WM with OC as soon as possible.
    5. Chaplain gets used in some Portals, I've seen her used on 4 out of 5 of them.
    6. She's the best magic hero to use in raids, she's required for Valkyrie Trial and Lord of Caves, she's very strong in Campaign/Elite Campaign, she's one of the best heroes for both Rifts and Magic Trial. She's decent enough to use in Grand Arena on your second or third team. DM does it all.

  13. #13
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by cfaliao View Post
    1) hehe ok so WC over SK?
    2) ahhh so dont rush it. In in a guild with a dk so thats good enough xD
    3.5) whats the best strategy for crusade?
    4)yeah im working OC atm >. < 5/30 haha
    5) ahhh im still trying to gear up commando >. <
    6) im excited to finish gearing up commando so i can gear up DM!
    7)yes i have 26 heros but most are shit haha so ill have to be patient and farm good ones..
    8) hehe yes i actually do that with the exact same mindset xD
    1) I seen both do well at purple so it is hard to say. But WC is definitly a good Long term investment. Shallows keeper and big armor buff is nice.
    2) Just make sure that guild mate keeps the dk at your level, so you can rent daily.
    3.5) there is no real best setup, but I can tell you that chaplan and DK are in every line up i use. the other 3 i switch out depending on which team. Then well if i dont retreat if dk dies I go to offering up pawns to get passed the next stage . Best advice i can give is in the first 4-5 stages build up as many ultimates as you can. Then keep switching out as needed. I got to the point where I can get to 6-7 raids in and not use ultimate skills except for dk and chaplan.
    3.6) I enchanted my healers to max, cuz it seemed like a good long term investment.
    4) he is worth it. Think i got lucky with a chest when i was at 15/30. Annoyed me a bit for that.
    5) very well worth it.
    6) make sure you do. Death mage is awesome. I want to try the team of mystic, frost mage, death mage (once i get her)
    7) I have 36 heroes. and this game is more about synergy than good or bad heroes. Just need lots of trial and error to see what you like. Savage one is a nice tank to.

  14. #14
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    1. Panda is better than WC between P+2 and P+4. WC is best the best all-around tank at Orange, though Panda, DV, and Admiral/IH all have their uses. Some people would add VW to that list, but VW isn't a tank and the VW team works without a tank.
    2. Yes hired merc. Once you have DM or can hire her instead, you don't even need a rented merc DK.
    3. Her haste in the beginning wins you the match. Try not using her and see how bad it is without her. It's not until the very end of the game that not using her becomes an option.
    4. Yes, replace WM with OC as soon as possible.
    5. Chaplain gets used in some Portals, I've seen her used on 4 out of 5 of them.
    6. She's the best magic hero to use in raids, she's required for Valkyrie Trial and Lord of Caves, she's very strong in Campaign/Elite Campaign, she's one of the best heroes for both Rifts and Magic Trial. She's decent enough to use in Grand Arena on your second or third team. DM does it all.
    1) ohhh ok so keep WC btw which Panda? Im guessing the strength oriented one?
    2) ohhh really eh? DM that good?
    3) does the speed buff and the +atk and magic last the entire match or just intially?
    4)roger that! any idea on a rough sketch of the dream team?
    5)in campaign not so much eh? More dps = better?
    6)so excited haha xD

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •