Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P4 -> Orange: Admiral vs IH

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8

P4 -> Orange: Admiral vs IH

I can only afford to gear up either one atm, who should it be?

I'm level 88 and both are 5*

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    There are some in my guild that have both Legendary Admiral and max orange Iron Hoof. They say Iron Hoof is better, but it's close. It also depends on the team you want to run. Iron Hoof is a better pure wall, better tank for a 4 mage back line, and better for walling off the squishies. His shield to start the fight is very good for the most fragile back liners as it will prevent some early aoe damage. Admiral has some second rate crowd control tricks, and contributes more to a crowd control focused team. Admiral can contribute to Valkyrie trial, Iron Hoof is better in portals.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    There are some in my guild that have both Legendary Admiral and max orange Iron Hoof. They say Iron Hoof is better, but it's close. It also depends on the team you want to run. Iron Hoof is a better pure wall, better tank for a 4 mage back line, and better for walling off the squishies. His shield to start the fight is very good for the most fragile back liners as it will prevent some early aoe damage. Admiral has some second rate crowd control tricks, and contributes more to a crowd control focused team. Admiral can contribute to Valkyrie trial, Iron Hoof is better in portals.
    Admiral is also good to counter sapper.

admiral's gear and legendary skill pretty much turn her into a wall, so thats why I lumped her and IH together

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 CosminCheba01's Avatar
    Valkyrie is piece of cake after mrs Lestarus joins you . Her only weakness , in my opinion , is I find her ulti weird .

Nobody is gonna use the original team , BUT Emberstar and SL may benefit , since they are really good near her . Throw in a DV and a dps/cc , and you got yourself a new team .
    " Learn to swim ! Learn to swim ! Learn to swim ! "

Quote Originally Posted by CosminCheba01 View Post
    Valkyrie is piece of cake after mrs Lestarus joins you . Her only weakness , in my opinion , is that her ulti is countered by AS ( if he can survive ) or CW's clones , that show-up in the backline .
    Bad part is I find her ulti weird . Nobody is gonna use the original team , BUT Emberstar and SL may benefit , since they are really good near her . Throw in a DV and a dps/cc , and you got yourself a new team .
    the funny part is that it works the opposite way. When she casts ulti, the ship comes from behind her, so if she's facing backwards the ship has a shorter distance to travel, from the right of the screen to the left instead of the usual left to right.

I'll probably have to do a stats comparison between her and IH, if they are comparably tanky I'll pick Admiral since she's obviously better offensively. I pretty much use IH only as a blocker if my opponent has starting AOE like DM and OC while Admiral is leading my GA magic team

Quote Originally Posted by AyameNoop View Post
    the funny part is that it works the opposite way. When she casts ulti, the ship comes from behind her, so if she's facing backwards the ship has a shorter distance to travel, from the right of the screen to the left instead of the usual left to right.

I'll probably have to do a stats comparison between her and IH, if they are comparably tanky I'll pick Admiral since she's obviously better offensively. I pretty much use IH only as a blocker if my opponent has starting AOE like DM and OC while Admiral is leading my GA magic team
    The offensive differences are insignificant. It's IH's initial shield versus Admiral's second rate cc, combined with that IH is slightly more survivable.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    I like admiral better but she's only good at legendary max orange without legendary she isn't that good yet.

Finally got the time to sit and squint at the stats comparison site

Stats taken at level 88 5*.

IH P+4 vs O
    Marginal improvements, most notably tradeoff in HP (2k higher in P4) for Magic resist (140 higher at orange)

Admiral P+4 vs O

Improves slightly more compared to IH; mainly 1K HP and 130 armour and in exchange for 100 attack (heh)

IH O vs Admiral O
    Pretty close, but IH has more Magic resist (350 vs 270) but Admiral has more HP (1k, remember no legendary skill yet)

I wasn't really expecting much TBH, Crusade Shield + Titan Axe + Moonglow at P4 for both of them is HUGE and hard for a single Immortal Guardian to overcome

Conclusion

The smart money would be to say: Admiral because even at orange without legendary skill Admiral has mildly superior stats and better damage and CC, and pulls away in HP once she gets Legendary. BUT the tradeoff is gearing her is more expensive (needs one more Holy Garment and Emerald Pendant than IH). IH is also a good meta pick when vsing caster teams because of shield and magic resist, but Admiral is more all round (seems to be a theme with her).

I think the best is to hold on for now, if I get another HG and EP I'll consider again, the deciding factor here is my Moonglow supply, since both need 2 each and that is in demand by other heroes as well

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11

IH P+4 vs O
    Marginal improvements, most notably tradeoff in HP (2k higher in P4) for Magic resist (140 higher at orange)

Admiral P+4 vs O

Improves slightly more compared to IH; mainly 1K HP and 130 armour and in exchange for 100 attack (heh)

IH O vs Admiral O
    Pretty close, but IH has more Magic resist (350 vs 270) but Admiral has more HP (1k, remember no legendary skill yet)

I wasn't really expecting much TBH, Crusade Shield + Titan Axe + Moonglow at P4 for both of them is HUGE and hard for a single Immortal Guardian to overcome

Conclusion

The smart money would be to say: Admiral because even at orange without legendary skill Admiral has mildly superior stats and better damage and CC, and pulls away in HP once she gets Legendary. BUT the tradeoff is gearing her is more expensive (needs one more Holy Garment and Emerald Pendant than IH). IH is also a good meta pick when vsing caster teams because of shield and magic resist, but Admiral is more all round (seems to be a theme with her).

I think the best is to hold on for now, if I get another HG and EP I'll consider again, the deciding factor here is my Moonglow supply, since both need 2 each and that is in demand by other heroes as well
    The thread is 4 days old pretty sure he made his decision already

IH P+4 vs O

Admiral P+4 vs O

IH O vs Admiral O

Conclusion

You're not factoring in the IH shield to start the fight. It pads out IH personally by a decent amount, and since the point of using IH/Admiral is to use a squishier back line, taking damage off a fragile backline in the early seconds is something Admiral can't match. On the other hand Admiral can somewhat replace WC on a generic team where IH doesn't do that well.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    You're not factoring in the IH shield to start the fight. It pads out IH personally by a decent amount, and since the point of using IH/Admiral is to use a squishier back line, taking damage off a fragile backline in the early seconds is something Admiral can't match. On the other hand Admiral can somewhat replace WC on a generic team where IH doesn't do that well.
    The other factor seems to be avaliability. IH is 5th in priority on your guide for the GA shop. By the time you 5 star the other 4 units (DM, CW, FD, EB) you would already have Admiral to 5 star for months I think. Doesn't Admiral have a lot more dodge than IH too? Also in a physical team with Adm, you could pwn a Sapper. And SL would get a boost in HP from Adm to boot. I think IH is slightly better in the end, but harder to get unless you get lucky and get him in chests.

My question is: are there teams that you absolutely need IH to beat?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyvuknome View Post
    The thread is 4 days old pretty sure he made his decision already
    Probably he has eh? Wonder what that decision was. Hopefully he'll come back and share it with us

Quote Originally Posted by Phate999 View Post
    The other factor seems to be avaliability. IH is 5th in priority on your guide for the GA shop. By the time you 5 star the other 4 units (DM, CW, FD, EB) you would already have Admiral to 5 star for months I think. Doesn't Admiral have a lot more dodge than IH too? Also in a physical team with Adm, you could pwn a Sapper. And SL would get a boost in HP from Adm to boot. I think IH is slightly better in the end, but harder to get unless you get lucky and get him in chests.

My question is: are there teams that you absolutely need IH to beat?
    Read op again pl0x.

IH is a meta pick while Adm is a generalist even then the shield only brings him to par with L Admiral as the blocking is about even with Adm's hp advantage; with of course some heavy give and take since the shield can be used fully one day and barely touched the next

I wouldn't call Admiral a generalist. She's still a meat shield that barely does anything beyond meat shielding. Warchief is the generalist. Admiral is just a less crappy generalist than IH or Panda which isn't saying a lot.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    i just equiped IH orange ... maybe biggest fault i ever did so far Admiral has more HP/armor and the better ultimate but slightly less MR ... i guess only vs commando or DM teams IH may be the better Tank because of the early shild
    [RvG] Alex - Server: 14, Depths Voice - Team Level: 92 - Guild: Revenge - Best Arena Rank: 1 - Vip 8