Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Savage One (SO) vs Shallows Keeper (SK)

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    in china serve people use SK so much.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    You forgot about WC entirely who is a fantastically powerful and very accessible tank. By far once you get to the NEAR end of the first set of elite stages he is cheap, easy to get and all three of his elite stages are fairly early.

He is good for arena, GA, and many other things. He is definitely a better tank.
    Here's my tank setup now:
    1st Team - War Chief
    2nd Team - Admiral
    3rd Team - Shallows Keeper

Unfortunately, I have had absolutely zero luck in getting any other tank. Currently I am level 63. I just recently got Psychopath about a week ago but he seems like a good off-tank. Same with Warrior Monk which seems like a good off-tank. If I had gotten IH or Panda from gold chest or crusades, I would never have started this thread. Although IH and Panda can be farmed from quartermasters, I would fall far behind on acquiring OC, DM, FD, and CW. Hence, for the my 3rd GA team (and early crusade level sacrifice tanking) I could only choose between SO or SK.

Warchief has good access through 3 elite stages. And although Admiral is a very long term investment, I think it's worth it especially with all-female trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    Depends on how close to 90 you are. Admiral is bad before P4 and only really performs at Orange. Admiral is also worthless at less than 4*. If you are 65-70 its not really worth bothering with Admiral. If you are closer to endgame it's not really worth bothering with SK.
    I'm at TL 69 and I have a maxed skilled lvl 66 Admiral at 3* and a lvl 1 SK at almost 3*. WC is almost 4*. I also have DK 3*. At this point I think I could just wait and use Admiral for now as I don't think I want to spend the resources to mess with SK merely for a 3rd tank.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    double post

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    SO: raids only. Even 5* maxed gear can't tank Grand Arena

SK: mediocre meat shield who is easier to farm than IH and usable much earlier than Admiral. Mediocrity isn't a deal breaker for a meat shield.

Neither would be much help in hard crusade, SK would be the least terrible of the two. Best tanks in Hard Crusade are DM, DK, WC, and it goes way downhill from there.
    i have seen quiete succesfull ga teams with SO(L) and 4 phys dps which are melting ur front. It has its weekness but vs slow dmg and healing teams its a beast, have seen my admiral(L) dead before doing any damage.
    [RvG] Alex - Server: 14, Depths Voice - Team Level: 92 - Guild: Revenge - Best Arena Rank: 1 - Vip 8

I think SK 5* would still outperform 4* Admiral at P+4, but at that point he wouldn't be as worth investing in and I personally would be looking at phasing him out of my lineup in favor of Admiral or IH if I could spare the gear. This is the third tank we're talking about, corners can be cut. I was running Iron Hoof at 4* and P+2 in Grand Arena until level 87 or 88.

One of the things I've learned playing this game is that you have to balance building for winning now and building for the future, and you don't automatically sacrifice the present for the future. A lot of times I have invested in heroes with an expiration date and it was the right choice.

By level 90 I mostly mean Orange, but Admiral also benefits greatly from becoming legendary.
    Alright thanks for answer.
    Indeed, I'm planning on taking SK out since he's becoming greedy at that point (Moonglow x2, 1 Gullak, 1 Kreln ...) since he will be casted out someday, I'd rather not waste such items on him and start to bring Admiral up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Phate999 View Post
    I'm at TL 69 and I have a maxed skilled lvl 66 Admiral at 3* and a lvl 1 SK at almost 3*. WC is almost 4*. I also have DK 3*. At this point I think I could just wait and use Admiral for now as I don't think I want to spend the resources to mess with SK merely for a 3rd tank.
    Since SK is getting his legendary skill in v1.9, I looked online and found this:

For every 15% decrease in HP, SK dispels negative effects on him and briefly increases his armor by 180.

Seems like a pretty nice skill.

We don't know what's included in "negative effects" though. DoTs and slow/ommobilize are surely in this, along with reduction of armor or magic resist I suppose.
    Don't know if it can affect controls like stun, petrified, or silenced though.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate999 View Post
    Since SK is getting his legendary skill in v1.9, I looked online and found this:

For every 15% decrease in HP, SK dispels negative effects on him and briefly increases his armor by 180.

Seems like a pretty nice skill.
    It's just the 2nd part of his original PS. But yeah, it's nice.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by kratosangel View Post
    We don't know what's included in "negative effects" though. DoTs and slow/ommobilize are surely in this, along with reduction of armor or magic resist I suppose.
    Don't know if it can affect controls like stun, petrified, or silenced though.
    Actually, I think that it can dispels stun, petrify and immobilizing spells and silence. But not on slow, dot. May be even armor reduction can be dispelled

Wow, that would be terrifying then just a little shame for DoTs but meh if it breaks stuns and other controls that's great

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    SO is a PvE tank, specifically raids. Even his legendary didn't really alter his role in late game meta.

SK is a filler tank, commonly used as 3rd GA tank because ease of SS acquisition and "passable" meat shield utility. While there are better options, there is nothing wrong with a cheap to gear, easy to farm, mid-range, meatshield tank.

As odd as it sounds, SK has fallen into my third tank slot, WC and Admiral being the 1st/2nd. Panda used to be my 3rd, but with the oddball gear shift late game, I have been disappointed with his performance time and time again. SK, while mediocre, is at least reliable in his given role.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Pure meatshield = trash.