Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: Savage One (SO) vs Shallows Keeper (SK)

  1. #31
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Qball View Post
    Thanks for the input.

    Are you using all 3 (DM, DK and WC) tanks for Hard Crusade? Or are you able to complete it with 2 of those 3?
    First off your OP is no compairison. SK is good for taking damage and dying. That's about it. Neither are even useable for crusade. Get a DK or a DM. I use both but not at the same time. I charge DK and then use DM for the rest as a tank.
    SK is USEABLE for crusade but hardly worth it. Its easier to rent a DK or DM for the crusade and get the cash back later.

    I think i forgot to mention that SO is good for Raids. High damage, Tanky type, provides good assisted damage with armor reduc and has high life steal. SK is not a comparison for raids at all.
    OH also his legendary skill is far from useless. I guess you don't know but AGI is armor, damage and crit. Since he is a fish (and gets his own legendary bonus) his damage is further amplified by his critical attacks which also further amplify his survivability beyond the armor.

    Here's how:
    Agi = damage, armor, crit

    Fish has good damage, amor, lifesteal and crit.

    Fish hits = decent damage = life return
    Fish crits = MORE damage to target reducing its life total further + armor reduction = bigger hit than before = bigger life return = longer life span

    see if this makes you understand why its not nearly as terrible as you thought it was.

  2. #32
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    I'd prefer SK in Grand Arena personally. I tried them both in the 60s when both were 3* and SK was passable while SO was worthless.
    SO is worthless in arenas agreed. IF you have no other tanks i would go with SK... if you have any other tanks at all besides these two to cover the other spots go with them probably.

  3. #33
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    26
    I'll say it one more time, but what SK has going for him is availability. He has three elite stages and appears in bronze chests. Iron Hoof is buried in the GA store and DK is buried in the arena store. VW isn't really a tank and DV doesn't really shine until the 80s. Admiral has only 1 low level elite stage and is weak before orange. If you get IH from a chest he's better than SK but SK can be farmed to 5* while IH is stuck at 3* while you get DM, CW, FD, and EB from GA instead. I'm not sure SK isn't a better long term investment given that.

  4. #34
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    ...
    You forgot about WC entirely who is a fantastically powerful and very accessible tank. By far once you get to the NEAR end of the first set of elite stages he is cheap, easy to get and all three of his elite stages are fairly early.

    He is good for arena, GA, and many other things. He is definitely a better tank.

  5. #35
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    You forgot about WC entirely who is a fantastically powerful and very accessible tank. By far once you get to the NEAR end of the first set of elite stages he is cheap, easy to get and all three of his elite stages are fairly early.

    He is good for arena, GA, and many other things. He is definitely a better tank.
    This thread is mostly about the third tank. WC and Panda are always the first two.

  6. #36
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    This thread is mostly about the third tank. WC and Panda are always the first two.
    but you mentioned panda... he's equally as hard to farm as say IH and you can easily farm VW shards and make him an invisible 3rd tank (500 GA rank or smaller).
    I'm not trying to fight I'm just saying that you pointed out that it's difficult to get these other tanks when its equally as hard to get the stones for the ones you mentioned. You also forget that you have to burn 12-36 stamina per stone for SK and lets say you do that twice a day that's 6 stones a day for 72-216 stamina vs 5 from say GA or more a day... not nearly as hard to get IH as it is to get SK.

    Just my thoughts... what do I know.
    I got IH in less than 2 weeks and will have him at 5 stars within another 2 weeks and he's a much better tank.

  7. #37
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    but you mentioned panda... he's equally as hard to farm as say IH and you can easily farm VW shards and make him an invisible 3rd tank (500 GA rank or smaller).
    I'm not trying to fight I'm just saying that you pointed out that it's difficult to get these other tanks when its equally as hard to get the stones for the ones you mentioned. You also forget that you have to burn 12-36 stamina per stone for SK and lets say you do that twice a day that's 6 stones a day for 72-216 stamina vs 5 from say GA or more a day... not nearly as hard to get IH as it is to get SK.

    Just my thoughts... what do I know.
    SK is also gotten in bronze chests and in Guild Shop...

  8. #38
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    This thread is mostly about the third tank. WC and Panda are always the first two.
    Question then: SK or Admiral for the 3rd tank?

  9. #39
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    but you mentioned panda... he's equally as hard to farm as say IH and you can easily farm VW shards and make him an invisible 3rd tank (500 GA rank or smaller).
    I'm not trying to fight I'm just saying that you pointed out that it's difficult to get these other tanks when its equally as hard to get the stones for the ones you mentioned. You also forget that you have to burn 12-36 stamina per stone for SK and lets say you do that twice a day that's 6 stones a day for 72-216 stamina vs 5 from say GA or more a day... not nearly as hard to get IH as it is to get SK.

    Just my thoughts... what do I know.
    I got IH in less than 2 weeks and will have him at 5 stars within another 2 weeks and he's a much better tank.
    The difference is that Panda is a priority, the most valuable hero in the arena store though OC is more useful early. Iron Hoof is the 5th most important hero in the GA store and that's the difference. As for SK he doesn't require not farming DM, CW, EB, and FD.

  10. #40
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate999 View Post
    Question then: SK or Admiral for the 3rd tank?
    What level are you? If your below 80 I'd go SK, he's more available and a better tank at early levels. Admiral is for level 90.

  11. #41
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    What level are you? If your below 80 I'd go SK, he's more available and a better tank at early levels. Admiral is for level 90.
    Is it worth it to mess with SK if Adm will replace him later?

  12. #42
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,135
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by mythic View Post
    If you think SK is useless.... you need to rethink your strategy and read more on upcoming changes. (say ... chinese server...)
    Well his asking for now not in 2+ months from now

    I rather use cleric ih admiral sh mountain than SK at o+2. Two of those are very use able now.

  13. #43
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate999 View Post
    Is it worth it to mess with SK if Adm will replace him later?
    Depends on how close to 90 you are. Admiral is bad before P4 and only really performs at Orange. Admiral is also worthless at less than 4*. If you are 65-70 its not really worth bothering with Admiral. If you are closer to endgame it's not really worth bothering with SK.

  14. #44
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    12
    So if I understood correctly, Admiral starts to be decent/good at P+4 and 4* or more ? So an Amiral P+4 4* would be better than SK 5* then I guess at same level ?
    And she gets real good only at level 90 ? Not orange ?

  15. #45
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by kratosangel View Post
    So if I understood correctly, Admiral starts to be decent/good at P+4 and 4* or more ? So an Amiral P+4 4* would be better than SK 5* then I guess at same level ?
    And she gets real good only at level 90 ? Not orange ?
    I think SK 5* would still outperform 4* Admiral at P+4, but at that point he wouldn't be as worth investing in and I personally would be looking at phasing him out of my lineup in favor of Admiral or IH if I could spare the gear. This is the third tank we're talking about, corners can be cut. I was running Iron Hoof at 4* and P+2 in Grand Arena until level 87 or 88.

    One of the things I've learned playing this game is that you have to balance building for winning now and building for the future, and you don't automatically sacrifice the present for the future. A lot of times I have invested in heroes with an expiration date and it was the right choice.

    By level 90 I mostly mean Orange, but Admiral also benefits greatly from becoming legendary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •