Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Soulstones: who to farm

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8

Soulstones: who to farm

This is my priority list for farming soulstones. Keep in mind this is opinion and there is more than one way to play this game.

First, a note on 1 star heroes and Bronze Chests. You can get soulstones and cards for all 1 star heroes except Ember Blade from Bronze Chests. This makes these heroes easier to farm to 5 star, but how much depends on you. If you are high VIP 10+ you get two do Crusade twice. VIP 13 gives you +50% Crusade gold, which combined with the second raid triples Crusade gold. If you can do Hard Crusade 15/15 that doubles your gold. If you deal high damage in raids, that's more gold in your pocket. If you are very disciplined and don't spend gold putting skills on unnecessary heroes, that helps on gold as well. A higher VIP player and/or people who can beat Hard Crusade will get much more out of Bronze Chests than those who don't. Adjust your farming accordingly, as I can't really factor it in because it's different for everyone.

Farming Elite Stages--this is a long list. Depending on buying stamina with gems and buying resets for specific heroes your mileage will vary when farming elite stages. Since attempts are limited, you can farm multiple heroes. This list is more of a guideline, with the higher ranked heroes being those I deem more important.

1. Top Priority--if you can afford resetting these levels for 20 gems, I'd do so

Warchief--The premier tank in the game, the only tank that matters at purple and still top tier at 90
    Vengence Spirit--An absolute terror who is very useful in arena and PVE. Start farming her early to get her ASAP

2. Second Priority--these are all 1* and depending on your gold generation you can probably finish these off with Bronze chests. SK you may want to farm more depending on how aggressive you are with your 3rd Grand Arena team.

Shadowleaf--top tier support character and necessary in some portals and trials. Usable at 3-4 stars if you want to finish with Bronze Chests
    Chaplain--get her to 3-4 stars for Crusade
    Shallows Keeper--least painful 3rd tank for Grand Arena to build
    Machinist--For late game 80+ only. Easiest hero in the game to gear and premier magic DPS endgame. You can wait on this one, I wouldn't bother at all until late game. Bronze Chests will help.

3. Long Term Investments--For DV/Silencerstart farming these from the beginning to have these at 4* late game when they are good. The point with Silencer/DV is that they are difficult to farm and if you don't do so from the very beginning they probably won't be ready when they become useful. For Cleric and WM, these are heroes useful at legendary and/or in future updates.

Admiral--you can also farm her from bronze chests depending on your income. She is the premier tank at 90 right now, but not at all before that. Mixed magic/physical teams with Admiral out front are dominating level 90 arena right now, and there is no consistent counter to them.
    Silencer--he may not look it, but he's absolutely incredible in Arena
    Depth's Voice--only true Arcane Sapper counter, a very useful piece for late game arena
    Cleric--once we get his legendary he is top tier endgame arena
    Wind Master--I don't exactly know why she's good at Legendary, but people whose input I respect have said it is so.

4. If You Get a Card...

For those who misunderstand, I don't recommend farming these at all unless you get their card from Crusade or a gold Chest

Succubus--if you get a Succubus card early she's worth farming, she can be used in Valkyrie, Crusade, and some portals, and Grand Arena
    Shadow Shaman--if you get his card early he's worth farming to 3* for Grand Arena. He makes Arcane Sapper work before level 73, which can set you up for GA success
    Lunar Guardian--dominant before Purple+2, somewhat underrated and has uses after that. At level 90 she's quite useful, though not a priority.

5. Good pieces for Trials/Portals/Raids--these are a low priority, basically if you have nothing better to farm

Savage One--the premier Raid tank. Go all the way farming soulstones and max gear or don't bother. He's all or nothing. Mediocre(worse than SK) GA tank
    Psychopath--necessary for two portals, max gear he can almost tank for your 3rd ga team
    Soulhunter--useful for two portals
    Ice Mage--good for bug portal, usable in Valkyrie trial
    Bear Warrior--good for Phoenix trial
    Imperial Executioner/Emberstar--may or may not be necessary for level 6 bug portal

Arena Store

1. Get Old Curse to 3-4 stars--OC is murder in the early part of the game, and is good in arena and most PvE, particularly Crusade. Big damage and big crowd control
    2. Get Drunken Master to 5 stars--Panda is the premier tank in the game from Purple+2 until endgame where Warchief surpasses him. Panda is never worse than the 2nd best tank, and is necessary for some PvE.
    3. Get Old Curse to 5 stars--Old Curse is good enough you want them maxed, even at 90 they are still part of the arena metagame
    4. Poisoned One--good in raids and you can't beat robot or dragon portal without him. 4 stars is probably enough.
    5. Death Knight--a 5 star max gear Death Knight is probably the 3rd most useful tank endgame, though he needs a team that supports him. Very useful for portals as well.
    6. Hidden Needle--A critical piece of the 4 Healer team, one of the most annoying arena teams endgame. Any other team she dies way too fast.
    7. Forest Guardian isn't bad, but she's a very low priority compared to other heroes in this store.
    8. Wandering Spearman--great vs Phoenix portal if you get his card, even at low stars and gear level. Not worth investing.

Crusade Store

1. Get Commando to 3*--Commando is on every non endgame team worth anything. Her buff is what's important so no need to rush to 5*
    2. Get Mystic and Frost Mage to 4*--Mystic and FM are very useful for destroying Crusade 15/15 every day. They see use in other PvP and PVE as well.
    3. Get Commando, Mystic and Frost Mage to 5* in no particular order

4. You have a choice now:

4a. Stop farming heroes and spend/collect Crusade Coins on gear. No other Crusade heroes are particularly necessary and it's probably better to spend the coins on gear, because from Purple+2 on gear becomes painful and you need all the help you can get

4b. Vanguard Warrior--VW is a beast in endgame arena on a specific team. He's expensive to gear and serves no other purpose, unless you're high VIP he's probably not worth it.
    5b. Phoenix and Pilot--are necessary for the higher levels of dragon portal. Phoenix is strong at low level arena, and though requires the right team can be an absolute terror in level 90 arena.

Guild Shop

1. If you got a Lunar Guardian card, I'd recommend getting her to 4* before anything else. She absolutely destroys Blue through Purple+1 arena, and at level 90 she becomes useful again on niche arena teams.
    2. Get Arcane Sapper to 5*--he's the dominant hero in the 70s through early 80s, and while he becomes less important after that he's still an important endgame piece
    3. Ninja Assassin--After Sapper he's the next most important. He's way overrated in arena, being an offensive terror while being incredibly unreliable. He will lose you as many matches as he'll win for you. On the other hand, Ninja is incredibly good for PvE and the absolute god of raiding.
    4. (Optional)--Disease Bringer--good in Crusade(particularly hard crusade), necessary in robot portal, good for Spearman portal
    5. (Optional)--Tusked Storm--insane non-boss raid tank. Can replace Ember Blade on the Vanguard team, but is too low a priority to really warrant an investment. It's either TS or spend guild coins on gear at this point.

Grand Crusade Shop

1. Death Mage--she rocks the world everywhere but arena. She's decent enough to be on the 2nd or 3rd grand arena team, is the God of Crusade, necessary for Valkyrie trial and bug portal, useful in other PvE. Best magic raid hero. Do 3 stars first, then add the 4th and 5th as needed.
    2. Cloud Walker--I'd start in CW after DM is 3 stars, and take him to 5 stars unless you find your DM needs another star. He's useful everywhere, portals, trials, arena, raids, PvE. He occasionally does big damage but his ultimate has a bad habit of attacking empty air. Don't rely on him as your primary DPS, he's powerful support
    3-4. Fallen Dominion and Ember Blade--these are the premier endgame DPS. Both are annoying to kill off. FD is better in PvE and raids, EB is easier to gear and is more useful at 3-4 stars. Effective in teams built to support them or on random generic teams. You could conceivably skip one of these and do Iron Hoof instead.
    5. Iron Hoof--Best pure meat shield tank in the game, better than Legendary Admiral and Shallows Keeper. It says a lot about how good the top 4 Grand Heroes are that he's the 5th. He doesn't do much beyond meat shielding, but he's the best at it, and IH plus 4 magic DPS works. I generally prefer the DPS tanks WC and Panda to IH for general purposes, and I think DK has more overall utility if he can survive to get his Ultimate off.
    6. Stormlord--Is an effective magic DPS, and isn't middle row

Soul Store

Swordmaster--useful in raids and against Phoenix portal. Sucks in arena. Probably better to buy gear and/or wait for Summoner.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I stopped reading after 1st paragraph

Bear warrior: too expensive for Phoenix trail when you can use all free heroes to pass lvl6

Emberstar/IE: they won't survive lord of cave lvl6, period.

You clearly never have experience with portal lvl6 and you post your nonsense to mislead people.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodside View Post
    I stopped reading after 1st paragraph

Bear warrior: too expensive for Phoenix trail when you can use all free heroes to pass lvl6

Emberstar/IE: they won't survive lord of cave lvl6, period.

You clearly never have experience with portal lvl6 and you post your nonsense to mislead people.
    I didn't say BW was necessary, I said he was good versus Phoenix, and he is.

Emberstar/IE survive bug 6 paired with Soulhunter healing them.

In any case these heroes are way down on the list.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    if you stoppped reading after 1st paragraph then how did u know he stated bear warrior is used for phoenix trial?

And yes this guide is weak cuz you list useless heroes that you haven't tested yourself such as
    ice mage
    shallows keeper
    machnist emberstar IE soulhunter
    iron hooof, LG shadow shaman cleric, hidden needle

basically all 1* heroes u should never farm them (its ok to farm up to 3*)... you get them from bronze chest
    and your description for 1* heroes.. most of them arent even usable

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    if you stoppped reading after 1st paragraph then how did u know he stated bear warrior is used for phoenix trial?

And yes this guide is weak cuz you list useless heroes that you haven't tested yourself such as
    ice mage
    shallows keeper
    machnist emberstar IE soulhunter
    iron hooof, LG shadow shaman cleric, hidden needle

basically all 1* heroes u should never farm them (its ok to farm up to 3*)... you get them from bronze chest
    and your description for 1* heroes.. most of them arent even usable
    What VIP are you? Just curious. I'm in the top guild on my server and am familiar with these heroes from people in my guild using them and often renting them myself. I'm currently doing portals level 4-5 right now, but my guild has people that beat level 6 every time.

1* heroes are best farmed from bronze chests, but people who aren't VIP 10+ and/or can't beat hard crusade every day 15/15 aren't going to be buying Bronze chests like the big spenders can.

Ice Mage--we have a level 90 5* Ice Mage in our mercenary rental that I used to rent all the time for bug portal. I don't rent it anymore because I don't need it at this point.

Shallows Keeper--I don't advocate Shallows Keeper because he's good, I advocate him because nobody else is really farmable to 5* for your 3rd tank until very late in the game. If you've got a 4*+ SK in the 65-75 range your ga team is probably much more solid than if you didn't, that or you made some major sacrifices in arena or ga or you're VIP 15

Machinist--I have a level 90, 5* max orange Machinist. You can get him to max P+3 for a grand total of a single piece of 50/50 gear, a Bag of Holding reel. At level 80+ he is one of the better magic DPS, and he's the easiest to gear. Unless you have massive gold from VIP 10+ you probably are going to need to farm him a little bit.

Emberstar/IE--We have these at 5 star max orange in our guild. They do survive portal 6 with a Soulhunter.

Soulhunter--I can beat bug portal 5 with a level 88, 3 star P+1 Soulhunter. He lives somehow, and he deals the same damage no matter what his star or gear level is. If you use Soulhunter you can beat bug without Mystic and the delay trick.

Iron Hoof--not sure what your question is here. We have max IH in our guild, and I face them in arena. I know what they are and what they can do. I still think he's the 5th priority in the GA shop.

Lunar Guardian--there are uses for LG end game. She's money vs the chapter 14 raid boss, and I've seen her used effectively in arena against me on a max physical area attack team. Borderline uses, but uses nonetheless.

Shadow Shaman--SS+AS flat out works in the level 60-72 range in grand arena. I wouldn't farm SS from scratch, but if you got a card farming it to 3* for ga in that range is a good investment.

Cleric--From everything I've heard legendary Cleric is a mainstay in the Chinese game. He's good vs spearman portal now and the Healer team.

Hidden Needle--some of the high VIP people in my guild have tried her out. We have a guy who runs a 5* HN on the healer team and it's pretty much a nightmare, and she really does suck everywhere else.

Added some clarifications based on the comments.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post
    Cleric--From everything I've heard legendary Cleric is a mainstay in the Chinese game. He's good vs spearman portal now and the Healer team.
    Hey interesting information. Can you elaborate on the quote? What would be an ideal team set up from your experience using Cleric for Outland, Raids, Etc?
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I have 5* orange ice mage myself, "not rented".

It's obviously a lie that you are able to use a rented ice mage to do bug portal lvl6, because ice mage ult does barely 20-30k damage and it relies on psychopath to make x4 multiplier to kill the boss. You need to reset at least 10-15 times with ice mage to pass bug portal 6.

Every experienced lvl90 player know that easiest way is psychopath machinist frost death mage and mystic. Almost 100% success rate and all arena/crusade heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Woodside View Post
    I have 5* orange ice mage myself, "not rented".

It's obviously a lie that you are able to use a rented ice mage to do bug portal lvl6, because ice mage ult does barely 20-30k damage and it relies on psychopath to make x4 multiplier to kill the boss. You need to reset at least 10-15 times with ice mage to pass bug portal 6.

Every experienced lvl90 player know that easiest way is psychopath machinist frost death mage and mystic. Almost 100% success rate and all arena/crusade heroes
    I was renting Ice Mage to beat portal level 4, back when my DM was rubbish and wasn't worth anything vs the bug. I never said I beat portal 6 with Ice Mage, you should try reading. I put some gear on my DM and now I beat portal 5 with Psychopath, Soulhunter, DM, Machinist, and a rented IE/ES. My Psychopath and Soulhunter aren't ready for portal 6. I said Ice Mage was useful vs bug portal, not necessarily portal 6. Only a handful of the top players are really in any position to take on level 6 portals, only a few of my guild is.

Quote Originally Posted by ZantGX View Post
    Hey interesting information. Can you elaborate on the quote? What would be an ideal team set up from your experience using Cleric for Outland, Raids, Etc?
    I can't really elaborate, the quote was in Chinese. From what I've heard, Cleric isn't really used on any specific team in Chinese arena, just that he's a popular support character as the second of two front liners. He's on the healer team, which is useful now in our game, which consists of DK Cleric DB Chaplain plus Hidden Needle or Ninja Assassin. That team only really works completely maxed out. I don't really see Cleric being useful in raids, and while he might be useful I don't think he's necessary in trials. Cleric is useful for Spearman portal, paired with a DK or another tank.

What VIP are you? Just curious. I'm in the top guild on my server and am familiar with these heroes from people in my guild using them and often renting them myself. I'm currently doing portals level 4-5 right now, but my guild has people that beat level 6 every time.

1* heroes are best farmed from bronze chests, but people who aren't VIP 10+ and/or can't beat hard crusade every day 15/15 aren't going to be buying Bronze chests like the big spenders can.

Ice Mage--we have a level 90 5* Ice Mage in our mercenary rental that I used to rent all the time for bug portal. I don't rent it anymore because I don't need it at this point.

Shallows Keeper--I don't advocate Shallows Keeper because he's good, I advocate him because nobody else is really farmable to 5* for your 3rd tank until very late in the game. If you've got a 4*+ SK in the 65-75 range your ga team is probably much more solid than if you didn't, that or you made some major sacrifices in arena or ga or you're VIP 15

Machinist--I have a level 90, 5* max orange Machinist. You can get him to max P+3 for a grand total of a single piece of 50/50 gear, a Bag of Holding reel. At level 80+ he is one of the better magic DPS, and he's the easiest to gear. Unless you have massive gold from VIP 10+ you probably are going to need to farm him a little bit.

Emberstar/IE--We have these at 5 star max orange in our guild. They do survive portal 6 with a Soulhunter.

Soulhunter--I can beat bug portal 5 with a level 88, 3 star P+1 Soulhunter. He lives somehow, and he deals the same damage no matter what his star or gear level is. If you use Soulhunter you can beat bug without Mystic and the delay trick.

Iron Hoof--not sure what your question is here. We have max IH in our guild, and I face them in arena. I know what they are and what they can do. I still think he's the 5th priority in the GA shop.

Lunar Guardian--there are uses for LG end game. She's money vs the chapter 14 raid boss, and I've seen her used effectively in arena against me on a max physical area attack team. Borderline uses, but uses nonetheless.

Shadow Shaman--SS+AS flat out works in the level 60-72 range in grand arena. I wouldn't farm SS from scratch, but if you got a card farming it to 3* for ga in that range is a good investment.

Hidden Needle--some of the high VIP people in my guild have tried her out. We have a guy who runs a 5* HN on the healer team and it's pretty much a nightmare, and she really does suck everywhere else.
    I'm vip 9 but i dont even need it. Vip 6 is all you really need.

You say "not everyone can beat 15/15 hard crusade" yet you list some of the worst heroes to invest in. Very limited usage and worthless outside of one place.
    Hard crusade isn't even that hard.. just use main crusade team and invest into your chaplin, boom 2x gold.
    Ice mage ... frost mage will always be better cuz easy 5*.
    Shallow keeper -> if you farmed for a 4* SK thats a sad waste of stamina
    emberstar/ IE -> again other mages are more useful. DM, psychopath, FM, mystic, silencer, disease bringer, machinist. 20 wizard hats+
    soulhunter -> yes his ulti will always do 15k good for bug portal but u wont invest into him
    iron hoof -> why would u invest all your grand arena coins into him.. and only for one purpose. VW/admiral = much better option if you want another grand arena team
    Cleric -> dont waste your gear on him unless ur basically 90...

I'm vip 9 but i dont even need it. Vip 6 is all you really need.

You say "not everyone can beat 15/15 hard crusade" yet you list some of the worst heroes to invest in. Very limited usage and worthless outside of one place.
    Hard crusade isn't even that hard.. just use main crusade team and invest into your chaplin, boom 2x gold.
    Ice mage ... frost mage will always be better cuz easy 5*.
    Shallow keeper -> if you farmed for a 4* SK thats a sad waste of stamina
    emberstar/ IE -> again other mages are more useful. DM, psychopath, FM, mystic, silencer, disease bringer, machinist. 20 wizard hats+
    soulhunter -> yes his ulti will always do 15k good for bug portal but u wont invest into him
    iron hoof -> why would u invest all your grand arena coins into him.. and only for one purpose. VW/admiral = much better option if you want another solid tank.
    Cleric -> dont waste your gear on him till 90.
    Can you comment on how difficult Hard Crusade is for people who aren't pros at this game? I do it easy every day, but I hear lots of people on this forum complaining they can't. I wouldn't assume that people can.

Shallows Keeper--Who else is your 3rd GA tank? A lucky IH or DK you can't farm? A SO maxed for raiding? Admiral isn't worth anything before Orange gear and only has one elite stage before chapter 12. Some rubbish 3* tank you used before WC turned purple? IMO SK is the least bad option.

Soulhunter--the joy of Soulhunter is that you don't need to invest in him. I'm still using him for portal 5 when he's 3 stars and P+1. Since I got him from a chest, that's zero investment. I imagine I can get him so he can survive portal 6 well short of max gear, if I so choose.

Iron Hoof--if you bothered to read my original post, I said to build Iron Hoof 5th, after DM, CW, FD, and EB.

VW/Admiral--VW is an expensive investment with a very narrow purpose. Admiral is garbage until Orange, and even after Legendary IH is still better. Given that IH is a low priority from GA you might be in a better position to build Admiral at Orange, it's possible.

Cleric/IE/Emberstar/Ice Mage--my Cleric post doesn't really disagree with you, I called him a long term investment useful in the future when he gets his legendary. As for the others, they are on the bottom of the list, barely priorities at all.

Can you comment on how difficult Hard Crusade is for people who aren't pros at this game? I do it easy every day, but I hear lots of people on this forum complaining they can't. I wouldn't assume that people can.

Shallows Keeper--Who else is your 3rd GA tank? A lucky IH or DK you can't farm? A SO maxed for raiding? Admiral isn't worth anything before Orange gear and only has one elite stage before chapter 12. Some rubbish 3* tank you used before WC turned purple? IMO SK is the least bad option.

Soulhunter--the joy of Soulhunter is that you don't need to invest in him. I'm still using him for portal 5 when he's 3 stars and P+1. Since I got him from a chest, that's zero investment. I imagine I can get him so he can survive portal 6 well short of max gear, if I so choose.

Iron Hoof--if you bothered to read my original post, I said to build Iron Hoof 5th, after DM, CW, FD, and EB.

VW/Admiral--VW is an expensive investment with a very narrow purpose. Admiral is garbage until Orange, and even after Legendary IH is still better. Given that IH is a low priority from GA you might be in a better position to build Admiral at Orange, it's possible.

Cleric/IE/Emberstar/Ice Mage--my Cleric post doesn't really disagree with you, I called him a long term investment useful in the future when he gets his legendary. As for the others, they are on the bottom of the list, barely priorities at all.
    Sadly SK P+1 will still be worthless at that level. You will always have a garbage third grand arena team at that level.
    Building iron hoof after those heroes? DM CW FD and EB? by the time you build all those 4 you going to know iron hoof is worthless as fuck.
    VW = very narrow purpose yes thats true but he has way more synergy with the right heroes.
    At least admiral can be used for female trial if you do have her.

Sadly SK P+1 will still be worthless at that level. You will always have a garbage third grand arena team at that level.
    Building iron hoof after those heroes? DM CW FD and EB? by the time you build all those 4 you going to know iron hoof is worthless as fuck.
    VW = very narrow purpose yes thats true but he has way more synergy with the right heroes.
    At least admiral can be used for female trial if you do have her.
    SK--that depends on your definition of garbage. I farmed IH at those levels(it was only him and DM at the time) and kept my 3rd GA team as strong as was practical. It was basically garbage, but I could beat the opposing 3rd team 90% of the time and beat their 2nd best team about 25% of the time. It was a big advantage.

VW--he does have that synergy. I should know, because I run that team. That being said, he's expensive to gear being that he's an arena-only piece that cant really function on a generic team. He also needs Silencer for that team, and unless you planned way in advance to farm Silencer it's hard to catch up. If you put everything into that team you gimp yourself, your weaker in PvE and the VW is terrible on defense being so easy to counter. People on a budget are better served focusing on the generic heroes to gear first. I did VW first and it was a mistake.

Iron Hoof is not worthless. He's the best magic team tank. Magic teams don't have life steal, are more fragile in general, and need the tank to stay standing as long as possible. There are a a fair amount of teams where IH/Admiral are superior to Panda and WC. I say this from experience having faced those teams, I abandoned my IH at P+2

Admiral I say is worse than IH because guildmates who have both 5/6 Orange IH and Legendary Admiral have said so. I can't really comment on her in Valkyrie trial. My Admiral isn't geared and I beat Valk 6 without her.

SK--that depends on your definition of garbage. I farmed IH at those levels(it was only him and DM at the time) and kept my 3rd GA team as strong as was practical. It was basically garbage, but I could beat the opposing 3rd team 90% of the time and beat their 2nd best team about 25% of the time. It was a big advantage.

VW--he does have that synergy. I should know, because I run that team. That being said, he's expensive to gear being that he's an arena-only piece that cant really function on a generic team. He also needs Silencer for that team, and unless you planned way in advance to farm Silencer it's hard to catch up. If you put everything into that team you gimp yourself, your weaker in PvE and the VW is terrible on defense being so easy to counter. People on a budget are better served focusing on the generic heroes to gear first. I did VW first and it was a mistake.

Iron Hoof is not worthless. He's the best magic team tank. Magic teams don't have life steal, are more fragile in general, and need the tank to stay standing as long as possible. There are a a fair amount of teams where IH/Admiral are superior to Panda and WC. I say this from experience having faced those teams, I abandoned my IH at P+2

Admiral I say is worse than IH because guildmates who have both 5/6 Orange IH and Legendary Admiral have said so. I can't really comment on her in Valkyrie trial. My Admiral isn't geared and I beat Valk 6 without her.
    so whats ur excuse for not getting your iron hood orange? I invested into a VW and i dont regret it. Works wonders with my mach / silencer / eb / fm team.