Thread: Working on my first Grand Arena lineup ... advice?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Question Working on my first Grand Arena lineup ... advice?

I'm on the verge of 60, and would love some advice on my grand arena plan. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and constructive criticism! (edited to put in v3 ... v1 and v2)

"A" Team - AGI / physical damage

"B" Team - magic damage

"C" Team

Questions
    1. WC or IH for my physical team? I went with WC, because I figured when he first goes down, more enemies might move into CW's ulti range.
    2. FD or LG for my physical team? I went with FD because I think:
      1. he seems more powerful than LG
      2. better front/mid distribution (2/2/1 instead of 1/3/1)
      3. LG catches flak for her aoe which prompts earlier enemy ultis
    3. My "B" team is 1/3/1. But DM/FM/OC all seem essential; should I change it?
    4. I consigned Commando to my "C" team, even though many say she's a staple up to ~80. I could swap her into "A" in place of FD, but FD seemed like a stronger fit.
    5. My "C" team tank DK is an unpopular arena choice, but he seemed like a better pick than Admiral or VW at my TL. And since I keep him leveled for Crusade anyway, this helps keep down the number of heroes I need to keep leveled and skilled. I can see replacing him with DB or Panda down the road, but I don't have either of them yet.
    6. Most posts I've read about Grand Arena suggest using the weakest team first. So I'm planning on making C go first, then B, then A on defense.

PS. Sidelines
    • Heroes I use in other modes, or are near my team level & skilled up, but which I'm not longer leveling / skilling:
      • (3*) Chaplain - crusade only
      • (3*) Admiral - female trials only
      • (2*) Arcane Sapper - expect he'll be useful in the 70s
      • (3*) Vanguard Warrior - not great yet, but expect him to be useful much later
      • (4*) Wind Master - stopped using her after purple
    • And then a bunch of heroes I've neither leveled nor skilled.

Last edited by lui; 04-05-2015 at 06:59 AM. Reason: polishing the text (concision)

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 CosminCheba01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    I'm on the verge of 60, and would love some advice on my grand arena plan. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and constructive criticism!

"A" Team - physical

"B" Team - magical

"C" Team

Questions
    1. WC or IH for my physical team? I went with WC, because I figured when he first goes down, more enemies might move into CW's ulti range.
    2. FD or LG for my physical team? I went with FD because I think:
      1. he seems more powerful than LG
      2. better front/mid distribution (2/2/1 instead of 1/3/1)
      3. LG catches flak for her aoe which prompts earlier enemy ultis
    3. My "B" team is 1/3/1. But DM/FM/OC all seem essential; should I change it?
    4. I consigned Commando to my "C" team, even though many say she's a staple up to ~80. I could swap her into "A" in place of FD, but FD seemed like a stronger fit.
    5. My "C" team tank DK is an unpopular arena choice, but he seemed like a better pick than Admiral or VW at my TL. And since I keep him leveled for Crusade anyway, this helps keep down the number of heroes I need to keep leveled and skilled. I can see replacing him with DB or Panda down the road, but I don't have either of them yet.
    6. Most posts I've read about Grand Arena suggest using the weakest team first. So I'm planning on making C go first, then B, then A on defense.

PS. Sidelines
    • Heroes I use in other modes, or are near my team level & skilled up, but which I'm not longer leveling / skilling:
      • (3*) Chaplain - crusade only
      • (3*) Admiral - female trials only
      • (2*) Arcane Sapper - expect he'll be useful in the 70s
      • (3*) Vanguard Warrior - not great yet, but expect him to be useful much later
      • (4*) Wind Master - stopped using her after purple
    • And then a bunch of heroes I've neither leveled nor skilled.

GG with the format , appreciated it . Also , nice heroes .
    So , VW is EPIC for your last team and I consider him useful anytime with them . After this move , team C loses DK and COM .
    (Note : Change LG when you get EB . 2* shall be enough to replace her)

COM will go to team A ( you can make this move anytime ) , so I would kick FD/CW . Like this your team will be stable enough and all DPS's will get a nice boost with the 2nd/4th skill .

Considering the hero you kicked off the A team is AGI based , he isn't going to any other team .

Team B is stable enough and it doesn't need changes . IH was a good idea for magical teams

Good luck with grand arena . I would expect you to be top 50 in no time , if all the other people are same level as you .
    " Learn to swim ! Learn to swim ! Learn to swim ! "

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    my suggestion is-

A team- IH FD CW LG COMM
    B team- WC VS OC SL MYST
    C team -DK DM PH FM CHAP (you can switch CHAP with WM)

For IH or WC at your lvl TS is way OP against WC so go for IH
    VS sucks at 3*

My TL is 86 i am top 20-40 arena and GA depends on the day

My responses to CosminCheba01:
    • COMM to "A" is a great idea since the team is AGI based. Choosing who to bump is tough, but I think I'll bump CW given he might synergize well in "C" if I add VW there.
    • Why did you think VW was "epic" for "C"? I can replace DK with him, which might have an even stronger case with CW in "C".
    • Can't wait for EB

My responses to UMbulle:
    • I hope VS is good enough by 4*, though I've heard many say she only shines after P+2 or something. I'm 94/100 SS on her, so should have her to 4* by the time I hit TL60 in a few days.
    • Why did you choose to put the Mystic in the WC/VS/OC/SL/MYST lineup? His magic power boost to the team seems wasted here (only really helps OC?) (but I'm probably missing something!).
    • I see you ditched the silencer in favor of Chap/WM. Silencer doesn't fit in these teams, or just too weak at this point?

Here's a second take on the lineups:

"B" Team - magic damage

"C" Team

Sidelines: 3* Admiral, 2* Arcane Sapper, 3* Death Knight, 2* Silencer, 4* WM

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I'd use LG over FD on team 1 for the time being. In my experience in lower level arena, LG and FD were pretty much equal at that point. I was running LG, and I was running into high VIP with FD, and he didn't seem any more effective than my LG. Your LG is 4*, and supports the whole team better. You would have three damage boosters and two area attackers, which is nice.

I wouldn't change your magic team at all. IH is the best choice there. The only thing I might consider is trading DM out for Phoenix.

That would leave team 3 as VW, FD, CW, DM, and Chaplain. FD/CW can probably hold up decent when VW is off doing his thing. Do you have anything besides Chaplain?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I think putting lunar gaurdian in team A is a good move because it guarantees a dead EB.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    My responses to CosminCheba01:
    • COMM to "A" is a great idea since the team is AGI based. Choosing who to bump is tough, but I think I'll bump CW given he might synergize well in "C" if I add VW there.
    • Why did you think VW was "epic" for "C"? I can replace DK with him, which might have an even stronger case with CW in "C".
    • Can't wait for EB

My responses to UMbulle:
    • I hope VS is good enough by 4*, though I've heard many say she only shines after P+2 or something. I'm 94/100 SS on her, so should have her to 4* by the time I hit TL60 in a few days.
    • Why did you choose to put the Mystic in the WC/VS/OC/SL/MYST lineup? His magic power boost to the team seems wasted here (only really helps OC?) (but I'm probably missing something!).
    • I see you ditched the silencer in favor of Chap/WM. Silencer doesn't fit in these teams, or just too weak at this point?

Here's a second take on the lineups:

"B" Team - magic damage

"C" Team

MYST for the bilnd and enrgey buff
    VS will ulti fast
    this is CC based (CC team have big potential to overachieve)

Silencer Shine in endgame dont use him until lvl 80 (but farm him)

Thanks for all the advice! I expect to hit 60 later today (wooo) and so I guess I'll have a chance to actually try these out!

Re Thecasualoblivion:
    • Will swap LG to "A" for FD. How long does LG stay viable?
    • Will swap Phoenix to "B" for DM. Phoenix is P+1 already and since it has 11 levels until P+2, I've enchanted it strongly. IH in the same boat enchantment-wise.
    • Silencer might be my best alternative to Chap. Have AD, AS, WM, and DV as well. Or I could train up an unleveled hero -- Machinist, Brute, Imperial Executioner, Succubus, Shallows Keeper, Tusked Storm, Psychopath, ... ?

Re UMbulle (#7):
    Roger, definitely farming Silencer but maybe it is a bit early to use him. The double CC is interesting, and they're both pretty good damage dealers (OS/VS).

Here's a third take on the lineups:

"B" Team - magic damage

"C" Team

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Your wm can be viable for protecting your team from sapper later
    Sometimes my sapper dead in entire second against opponent with WM as highest int