Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Which tank should I max out now?

  1. #1
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    9

    Which tank should I max out now?

    Hi everyone.
    So basically I'm Lv 87 now running Panda AS COMM VS CW in Arena, working to get FD and I've decided to work on another tank I could use.
    So the situation is this:

    Panda - Maxed 5* Orange
    WC - 5* sitting on P+2
    IH - 3* P+2, a problem to farm as I'm only 15/80 SS with FD.
    VW is 4* sitting on blue as I never used him.
    Admiral - I have no interest with her.
    DK - 3* lvl 1, never used him but I don't have anything else to get from Arena coins anyway.
    Psycho - 3* P+3 getting SS from chests but basically I only use him for portals.

    I don't really care for GA but I would like to have another maxed tank so I could use different formations (maybe even with mages). Doesn't must have a use in PVE but if it does, it's better.
    I thought of VW so I could run a mage team with a fitting tank 'till I could make one of these vw-eb Arena teams but I'm in doubts.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    14
    IH and WC are your best choice since you can use them on almost all kind of teams, but WC is easier to gear to orange, so for me WC.

  3. #3
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    9
    there was a link in this forum where you can see the hero stats at full gear max level. from there i think you could think of what hero to focus. Death bringer has way more HP than WC at max gear.

  4. #4
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    14

  5. #5
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    9
    Thank you Dark for the suggestion, I will look up for sime more to decide wether I should max WC or some other tank.

    About the website, thanks for the link but stat comparision won't help me as I care more for synergies and usefulness, I want to know my decision was worthwhile.
    That's why I'm not sure with WC, even though I have him 5 stars he has more or less the same role as Panda which I maxed.


    Any suggestions are welcomed.

  6. #6
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    9
    Panda orange stats are not very tank'ish, more damage focused. Unfortunate that you choice to move him out of P+4. It is really a downgrade in the tanking department. He is still a solid hero, with bad gear choices at Orange for his most popular role. Meh, whats done is done.

    Due to Panda's Orange misfortune, WC starts to pull ahead late game as the best overall preforming tank. Would really suggest getting him out of that P+2 hole you have him in. He is the most used tank at 90/Orange for a reason, after all.

    If you must have a third tank, it becomes a personal choice.
    - VW is a highly recommended tank for late game Arena teams. He is strictly a PvP tank in my eyes because I do not like his performance in most PvE features.
    - IH is alright at protecting magic teams, but I think he starts to fade at 90. His main draw is his opening shield and at 90, most fight take a while, which diminishes the value of "openers" to me.
    - DK is a one trick pony. That trick is high magic resistance. A nice trick to have, especially since WC's main weakness is his low magic resistance, but not sure it is worth the resources to invest in a tank just for magic fights.
    - Psycho... I want to like him, but he simply does not perform as well as other tanks, even with legendary skill unlocked. In a word: Underwhelming.
    - Admiral. Ok, putting aside the Girls 5/6 trial tank point because that is obvious enough, her main draw in my eyes is her massive health pool late game (90/orange). If you want a meat shield that will take a lot of damage to kill, she is it.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

    The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

  7. #7
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost file View Post
    Panda orange stats are not very tank'ish, more damage focused. Unfortunate that you choice to move him out of P+4. It is really a downgrade in the tanking department. He is still a solid hero, with bad gear choices at Orange for his most popular role. Meh, whats done is done.

    Due to Panda's Orange misfortune, WC starts to pull ahead late game as the best overall preforming tank. Would really suggest getting him out of that P+2 hole you have him in. He is the most used tank at 90/Orange for a reason, after all.

    If you must have a third tank, it becomes a personal choice.
    - VW is a highly recommended tank for late game Arena teams. He is strictly a PvP tank in my eyes because I do not like his performance in most PvE features.
    - IH is alright at protecting magic teams, but I think he starts to fade at 90. His main draw is his opening shield and at 90, most fight take a while, which diminishes the value of "openers" to me.
    - DK is a one trick pony. That trick is high magic resistance. A nice trick to have, especially since WC's main weakness is his low magic resistance, but not sure it is worth the resources to invest in a tank just for magic fights.
    - Psycho... I want to like him, but he simply does not perform as well as other tanks, even with legendary skill unlocked. In a word: Underwhelming.
    - Admiral. Ok, putting aside the Girls 5/6 trial tank point because that is obvious enough, her main draw in my eyes is her massive health pool late game (90/orange). If you want a meat shield that will take a lot of damage to kill, she is it.
    Thank you very much for the detailed comment.
    Panda's promotion was a mistake made by me trying to evolve to 5 stars, so I maxed his gear/enh at Orange.
    For now I don't really need a third tank, but are you sure my next one should be WC?
    I don't like Admiral and Farming IH when I don't have FD/EB is a problem. So it's either WC, VW or DK performing as my 2nd maxed tank.
    I'm not one of these high ViPs so gearing my next tank should be worthwhile for me, isn't WC fills the same role as my Panda? (Leading phys teams)

  8. #8
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmas View Post
    Thank you very much for the detailed comment.
    Panda's promotion was a mistake made by me trying to evolve to 5 stars, so I maxed his gear/enh at Orange.
    For now I don't really need a third tank, but are you sure my next one should be WC?
    I don't like Admiral and Farming IH when I don't have FD/EB is a problem. So it's either WC, VW or DK performing as my 2nd maxed tank.
    I'm not one of these high ViPs so gearing my next tank should be worthwhile for me, isn't WC fills the same role as my Panda? (Leading phys teams)
    F2P or high VIP player, WC is the go-to tank at 90/Orange. He is the most used tank in late game for a reason. You will not regret gearing him.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

    The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

  9. #9
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost file View Post
    F2P or high VIP player, WC is the go-to tank at 90/Orange. He is the most used tank in late game for a reason. You will not regret gearing him.
    I see.
    How about GA? Let's assume my Panda will lead my phys team. Will WC be able to lead my mages properly? My only doubt now is him or VW, since VW is known as a mage tank, and it will be a start of building my future vw-ember team.

    Ty

  10. #10
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    8
    VW would be an interesting team up WC.

  11. #11
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    14
    Let's go in order:

    As you admitted, promoting Panda was a mistake, but complaining here won't solve the problem. He still is a good tank.
    With equal gearing, Panda is better than WC at p4, WC is MUCH better than Panda at orange. He is tanky, he revives, he does a lot of damage. He's just good, no way of seeing him as a bad or underwhelming hero. He is the must logic choice you can do.

    Analyzing the others:

    -IH is a great meat shield with a fantastic entry-skill, but is kinda irredeemable, with a lot of available tanks he has a lower priority than DM, CW, FD and EB.

    -VW is just wonderful, but only in arena in the right setup. I have him and I don't use him in a cookie cutter team coz I don't have the right heroes yet, but paired with panda he acts good replacing Commando and countering first opponent sapper's blink. The pile he creates is very useful when you have a guy called CW releasing his ultimate skill on 4 heroes at the same time. Very expensive to gear, super easy to farm, imho he worths the investment if you're planning to use him a in a proper team. Otherwise, he could be just a waste of time and resources.

    -Admiral is another great meat shield, if you pay attention to the enchanting status of the items I'm kinda sure you can even make her being the highest int hero, that's always a thing to consider. Very easy to farm, a bit expensive but with the legendary skill she just has the biggest health pool you can afford. SL and Emberstar, if you're planning to use them, will thank you for using her as tank.

    -Psycho is vital for some portals and can find a spot in some arena team if used properly, the most of times he is not viable as solo tank in arena and he acts not as good as you expect. If not to counter sapper, he is just far to being a good solution.

    -DK is just not viable for me in arena since against a rushing team he will die before charging up his ulti, and not that important for pve contents. I can't see a future for him for very late game.

    That said, my choice would be VW if you're planning to use him in a proper team built around him, WC if you want a more versatile hero. Admiral, in both cases, should be the second or the third choice, unless you're planning to use her in arena in certain setups once legendary.
    [Tao] Zophiel - Team Level: 90 - Guild: Tao (Officer) - Server: 31, Kron

  12. #12
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmas View Post
    I see.
    How about GA? Let's assume my Panda will lead my phys team. Will WC be able to lead my mages properly? My only doubt now is him or VW, since VW is known as a mage tank, and it will be a start of building my future vw-ember team.

    Ty
    If you are content with Orange Panda and are ONLY interested in a second tank for Arena/GA purposes then VW is the likely choice. That is assuming you are informed about VW's usual team compositions to get the most out of him. Again, strictly Arena/GA speaking.

    WC is the catch all tanking hero for every feature. I strongly suggest that, while you are gearing your VW, you consider putting any spare gear onto WC. There is no drawback to bringing him up to par and, if you eventually get him to orange before the next tier is released, you can experiment with replacing Panda and see what all the talk is about.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

    The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

  13. #13
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    10
    VW, hands down, he is so versatile in almost any sort of formation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •