Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mountain and Psychopath

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Question Hero Value Questions

For some strange reason it feels like the game is telling me to level these 2 heroes up.
    I keep getting Soul Stones repeatedly for these 2 guys from chests. Randomly I've pulled about 40+ stones for Psycho and 70+ stones for Mountain.

I've been looking around the forum and there's not much info on them. So they are either not popular, very bad heroes or a sad combination of both.

Can anyone give me some feedback on them? They are quickly rising in stars but still level 1 on my roster haha.
    Basically are they worth investing? My TL is 65.

I wish got more different heroes (looking at you DK, Panda) instead of hero cards for the same heroes that I already have... but I guess beggars can't be choosers lol...
    Last edited by Obsideon; 03-29-2015 at 03:17 AM. Reason: More related Title
    Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    First off Mountain has a boatload of armor but little use otherwise. His skills aren't that great so he's not talked about but he does have use if you put a team together (as every hero does)
    Psychopath is an EXCELLENT tank. He is incredibly powerful and has MANY uses. Two Outlands portals (Lord of the Caves for his Ultimate and Robot for his Green Skill) His Blue skill is fantastic once he gets it to at least 25% and he has very good HP, Armor and MR. He is obviously a mage but he can definitely tank and gets better and better once he gets to 3-5 stars. He's not great at 1 and 2.

He's not Panda or DK but they have their uses, These have theirs.

I'm guessing Mountain is a pure tank then.
    Is Psycho more of an off-tank (kind of like Emberblade?) or do I still use him as a main tank?

Forgot to mention my current tanks are:
    Main: War Chief
    Secondary: Savage One

Leveled but not maxed out tanks: Admiral, Cleric, Fallen Keeper.

So I guess my question is, is it still worth my limited resources to invest into powering up either of them from scratch?
    Or should I continue to work on my other tanks?
    Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Mountain's skills are actually awesome. He is definitely a good tank, but he suffers from the fact that he is a 2* hero and not in any shop or bronze chests - which means that it's a pain in the *** to farm his soulstones and tanks pretty much need 5* later on. This is the main reason why he is not used. He might still not be top tier for us at orange, but he is considered the best tank in the chinese version at orange+2 with his legendary skill.

Psycho is a great AS counter if you pair him up with DV in a physical setup. But I'm not sure if he is gonna be tanky enough at your level yet.

Keep using War Chief and you might want to work on at least one of IH, Panda, VW as your tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Meepro View Post
    he is considered the best tank in the chinese version at orange+2 with his legendary skill.
    Can you elaborate?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalatortan View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    Orange +2 drastically increases his currently low health pool by, I believe, 10k points. Off the top of my head, I think his legendary skill is magic resistance (might need to google that one). So, short version is: Orange +2 means huge health and defense bump for a tank hero who's main issue is low health.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

DV is Depth Voice? I never thought about farming her as I don't see her as useful in most of my teams. Isn't there are many better choices in her position? VS, DM or Succubus comes to mind. So pairing DV with Psycho? Hmm...

I guess from you guys opinions I'll start working on Psycho first while still using WC.
    I am nowhere near Orange so I guess Mountain will sit at the bottom of my roster for a while? I did somehow get him to 3 star without farming at all lol, random chests.

To simplify, I'm TL65 moving forward...
    - stop putting anything into Admiral, SK and Cleric
    - Spend on upkeeping WC and SO
    - any leftover gold and potions throw it on Psycho
    - When and IF I ever hit close to level 90, save up to invest into Mountain

Correct?

Yes, DV is Depths Voice. While not a widely used hero these days, she does have her moments. Some favor her for her net skill, which can sometimes trap AS right out of the gate, and her sleep CC is very effective. Like her naga sister, VS (Vengeance Spirit), DV can be a bit of a grind to farm, which I believe is a leading reason to her less than popular status.

Edit: Personally, I wouldn't invest in Mountain too much until I was 100% certain his legendary and orange +1/2 gear are the same as the Chinese version. Wouldn't be the first time Ucool went off script with a hero's skills and/or gear.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    DV is a 2* hero as well and not in any shop, same problem as mountain. But she is very good at countering physical teams because of her high dodge.

I'm not sure how much effort you should put into SO, but you probably need him in your 2nd grand arena team right now. He is great for certain raid bosses, but not a go to choice for arena or grand arena.
    Admiral starts to get tanky at p4 or even orange, but at your level it will be hard to buy enough bronze chests to get her even to 4*.
    SK and Cleric both need their legendary skill and probably orange+2 as well. Like Admiral they are easy to 5* from bronze chests, so you can ignore them for now.

As you see, stars are going to be important for your tanks moving forward, so any good tank that is in a shop is a big plus to make them 5* reasonably fast. You should work on a good 2nd tank like Panda or IH. VW is the easiest to farm with crusade coins, but doesn't work in every team. If you want to go for him, he is great in certain magic teams and seeing a lot of use lately with EB, OC, Phoenix, Silencer or some variations.

As mentioned in another thread I started, my Chest opening luck is utter crap so I don't have many choices in terms of tanks lol ... farming stones slowly has become my only choice.

- Guild coins are painfully slow to farm, maxing out at 490 a day since the Temples, before that it was only 260. Spending those on upping AS.
    - Same with Arena coins, only get the 21:00 reward and it's not enough get what I want. I'm currently trying to improve OC and I also want Hidden Needle (personal preference) ... then I also need Panda, that's 1500 of Arena coins that I don't have lol...
    - Grand Arena coins seem to be flowing in the quickest but then there's DM, FD, CW and IH. Don't have that much coins either
    - Crusade coins are easiest, working on 5* Commando, bumping up Mystic and FM. Not sure if I should invest into VW now, or later, or at all?

Who should I buy first in each shop? Should I value upping stars or gaining new heroes? Which hero to buy first with my limited coins?

Also thanks guys for all the advice, has made my HC life less stressful

Well, you basically listed the usual suspects from the shops...

AS from guild shop, though lately I am also inclined towards Disease Bringer for PvE usage. Which to prioritize is debatable.

Arena shop tends to lean towards OC and Panda.

GA shop, assuming DM is already dealt with, is kind of a toss up between FD and CW. I like CW for overall milage and FD for more PvP focus. IH is a decent tank, but pales compared to WC, Panda, and a couple others at 90'ish.

Crusade is like you are working on: Com, Mystic, FM. VW requires a specific team to work properly. While a good hero, if you are not ready to focus on him, I would put him on the back burner.

Thx thx!
    OK, so 20 seconds ago I just popped a gold chest, got Tusked Storm.
    Should I invest in him? I spent most/all my Guild Coins on AS already the last few weeks.

I have zero knowledge on TS. Is he off-tank?
    Sorry for all the questions, sometimes filtering through all the threads in the forum is difficult and I really enjoy reading you guys posting in here feedback! Very clear and helpful!

TS is a physical team hero. No, I would not put him ahead of AS, or even DB, in shopping priority. Not saying he is a bad hero. He is decent enough. I cannot put him above AS or DB in usefulness though.