Thread: About Crusade Hard mode

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

About Crusade Hard mode

Hi, I've been doing crusade hard mode for a while now, it demands more attention than the normal one but in my opinion it's not worth it. I've been looting around 60% white items, 30% green items, 9% blue items and 1% heroes (SK mostly) and random heroes shards (2 because of double drop). At level 80+ I believe those rewards are awful but i'm not here for only complaining, I want to know if other people doing CHM are having the same luck as me with loot and also getting some feedback on a suggestion.

What would you think of instead of double loot, CHM should have improved loot. Let me explain it, high wanted items like Rawlis, Bag of Holding, Kreln Horn, etc. are not in the crusade item pool (or I've never seen them drop), so instead of double rewards, we could have a chance of looting fragments of these items, I'm not even asking for the complete item, just 3 or 5 fragments turn the CHM in a higher risk, higher reward thing. What do you think about it?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Since hard mode came I have only had 2 days with no hero card. Some days like yesterday I got 2x 3* heroes.

Of course no heroes I want to get, such as DM, FD or CW but hey, at least I'm getting heroes.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    its all about luck.
    Server 46 - Subush

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Se7en Strife's Avatar
    I thought most people do it for the gold. You shouldn't be expecting good loot everytime anyway. It's more like if you get something good then good, if not then whatever.
    Violent Resolution - #Everyone's An Enemy#

♏️Se7en

s58 Corvus Nemesis Officer
    s54 Arrec [SG]Silent Leader

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7en Strife View Post
    I thought most people do it for the gold. You shouldn't be expecting good loot everytime anyway. It's more like if you get something good then good, if not then whatever.
    100% this. You're only doing it for the gold. Everything else is usually trash.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Very simply said; the loot of the hard crusade is just as good as the normal crusade. The only difference is that everything's doubled; coins, item quantities, and DragonCoins. If your aim is solely for heroes, then you are making it unnessecarily complicated for picking hard-mode.

Banned Contributor Level 2
    Its about luck... I get crap ussually also but 2 days ago i got 2 heroes from one chest!! And besides, the crusade points are the best reward haha

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Same here. Been completeing hard mode for a while now and the drops are really sa tbh. Only good thing is the gold im getting as for gears its trully pathetic.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Uhm, I thought the only thing that doubled was the loot, not the gold. Didn't even notice.

Yes, gold and DC are doubled.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    i have recieved maybe 3 3 stars since hard mode came out all i had 5 stars already so they were just useless soul coins i have 200k of now.

I rather them not adjust the drop rates because we already get tons of gear easier than ever now. soul shop(1 item a day) ancient temple(15+- fragments a day) trials (decent amount of useful fragments a day) portals difficulty 6(40+ useful fragments a day) and hard crusade(1 item every two days).

although we might need to spend more time on hard crusade, however it is worth. Loots is secondary, but the main point here is getting double coins and DC which are proven to be very valuable (unless you are level 80 plus and above for coins)

Double will speed up the process to evolve 5s heroes like mystic, commando, phoenix etc

anyway, we are not required to spend much time on HC itself. so the additional time incur on hard crusade, it is just negligible. at least for me.

I'm really enjoying the rewards as I use all the useless stuff as I'm still in the process of enchanting a lot of equipment so that useless gear isn't really overloading yet. The coin is great since I'm 85 and have been using it to purchase both skills, every merchant item I can buy and also for gold chests which has helped me already 5 star 2 different guys since starting to do it. It's also really helped as every other one has given me a low purple item, while these are not the greatest I still have a lot of low level guys I want to level up and do still need the crappy purple items for them. While I can see how some can get some bad draws, it seems it's a lot about luck in what you get. I get a couple of soul stones maybe each run (think I had a couple were I didn't get any) and I've only gotten a couple of character cards (spearman yay lol). While I could feel bad or curse at my luck in that I'm not getting the characters I want or that I'm not getting at least one a week, I think overall this is good for the game and that if they were to up the chances anymore then it would cause there to be an overload of items.

On that note yes gearing each guy can be such a pain in the a**, especially with the hats and the other ones, though I can see with the update of the temple and more items to come, we're really just here in the early stage of a game that is evolving and will become a little easier to gear as the game goes on. Just like with crusade where there was no retreat and now there is, there will be a lot more pain for us being in now and even those of us close to 90 or already at it, but come back in a year (if the game doesn't get closed down) and you will probably find a game where the things we complain about now will be a non-issue and there will be a whole other set of issues that people will have to complain about. Just my 2 cents.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    just a curious question at what lvl u should do hard crusade coz finishing normal one seems easy with guide merc aat lvl 35...so was thinking should i jump to hard next time or still keep doing normal

You could always try out hard mode and see how it goes. The biggest thing is having enough characters to finish or having a strong enough team. The teams you fight are actually the same whether you do normal or hard the only difference is the no recharge of health and energy which makes a big difference when it comes to tackling the different modes. Plus if you try it and you want to go back to normal you can just know that the status of your characters stays the same if you switch back so if you have people dead they stay dead and if you have people short on energy and life they will still be short and as I said you still face the same teams.