Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Composition Advice Thread!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Se7en Strife's Avatar
    For teams I'll go with the WC CW SL COM OC one. Dm isn't that much of an arena hero since she depends on her ult entirely for dps.

You can never go wrong building oc as one of your core. One of the must have heroes imo.

For machinist I think he needs at least 4 stars to be worth being put in an arena team so even now my 3 star machinist is my Outland portal utility hero. At late lvls I heard everytime he uses his ult = one hero dead. His dps is that strong.
    Violent Resolution - #Everyone's An Enemy#

♏️Se7en

s58 Corvus Nemesis Officer
    s54 Arrec [SG]Silent Leader

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Need to put together a level 90 team out of the following pieces:

WC
    Leaves
    VS
    Commando
    OC
    Mystic
    AS
    SS
    TS
    CW
    DV
    FD if necessary, a much bigger investment than any of the above

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    oh i also wanted to ask while u think of an idea for my team is swordmaster worth it if i have enough to get him?

New Comers
    Thank you guys for the replys. I'll start farming the heroes mentioned. I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by xbdawg View Post
    oh i also wanted to ask while u think of an idea for my team is swordmaster worth it if i have enough to get him?
    Nope nope nope

♏️Se7en

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Sharko's Avatar
    How about stating several VW Teams that have shown excellence?

I myself use VW + EB + Pheonix + OC + Silencer
    lvl 93

Server 52 Corax

Leader of Black Flags, ranked no.1 guild on the server

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I've been working on a spreadsheet to track the progress of my heroes, and prioritize my investments in them. It's messy for now, but been helpful for when I get a new hero and am trying to decide where it fits in my lineup. The informational fields (role, tier, priority for skills) is sourced from various opinion pieces around the web and forums and are meant as guidelines, not absolutes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    I've been working on a spreadsheet to track the progress of my heroes, and prioritize my investments in them. It's messy for now, but been helpful for when I get a new hero and am trying to decide where it fits in my lineup. The informational fields (role, tier, priority for skills) is sourced from various opinion pieces around the web and forums and are meant as guidelines, not absolutes of course.
    And your point? Lol.

♏️Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by xbdawg View Post
    Thank you so much for reply, and I'd like for all my heroes in arena/grand(only using two good teams for this).
    EB VW Pho MYS OC

SL CW COM WC VS

♏️Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by dowaps View Post

can someone give me some arena comp and what heroes i should work on. for the moment i am trying to gear up my VW , EB and Mac.
    EB VW SIL OC MYS

CW FD Panda Com DV

AS SL VS WC SS

Don't blame me if noob advice lol. Haven't reached this stage.

♏️Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post

WC
    Leaves
    VS
    Commando
    OC
    Mystic
    AS
    SS
    TS
    CW
    DV
    FD = 2 (1 clone)
    CW = 4 (3 clone)
    DV = 2 (1 clone)
    WC = 2 (2 lives)
    PHO = 4 (3 lives)

Why fight 5v5 when u can 14 v 5? >:3

On a serious note I think you will have a better idea than me in picking.

But I will go
    FD CW DV VS COM

♏️Se7en

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
    Haha I think she could be sexier too. xD

Sorry to ask another question so soon, but I'm at wits end here.

This was my line up pre purple:
    Savage one
    Iron hoof
    Cursed one
    commando
    And a situational arcane sapper, imperial executioner or deaths mage. My team did fairly well and I managed to hold my spot in the top 500 for a little more than a week now. But transitioning into purple people are better, whooping me with the same aoe but they are also smart enough to run frost mage who I have yet to invest in. >.>

So I must ask not just for a defender standpoint, by as my staple team which would be best moving forward?

Warcheif
    Cloud walker
    Shadow leaf
    Commando
    Old curse or imperial executioner

Mystic
    Shadow leaf
    Deaths mage
    War chief
    Arcane Sapper

Or

Admiral or savage one(depending on frost Mage)
    War chief
    Shadow shaman
    Shadow leaf
    Commando

Now as I ask this both admiral and shadow leaf need levels and skill points. I want to work then in for variety and the cc they bring. I know Leaf is useful but am skeptical about admiral. So like you said she'll be on reserve with levels only

But there are three heroes I want to use but don't know if they're worth it.

First is old curse. I'm just not feeling the magic with him as my only aoe damage. Yes it's useful but without a follow up succubus or windmaster ult its lackluster. Maybe it's the two stars or its his lack of synergy in my physical comp. Am I on the right track?

Second panda and machinist. I'm getting panda becuase he is both awesome, drunk and a fucking martial artists. As for machinst, i haven't seen him much lately but I need some aoe magic multi target damage. I know from the forum he scales well but is his early purple lackluster?

Lastly I'm just having budget constraints. Eventually everyone here will get the decked out treatment, but in the short term I need a stable team lol.

My current Main heroes:
    Savage one 3*
    War chief 2* and a half
    Commando at 3 stars, gonna hit 4 Tuesday
    Old curse at 2

Who I'm working on:
    Shadow leaf
    Admiral maybe
    Warcheif skill wise

Who I want to level:
    Machinst
    Panda when he's farmed
    First Mage who I can prioritize easiest becuas of crusade currency
    Arcane who is mostly leveled at 2 * with 20 SS
    Keep well in mind what I'm gonna say:
    At your level (I guess somewhere in the 50ies) to be competitive in arena you MUST use some cookie cutters (if all people use those teams there will be a reason). There's no way to use Admiral or Machinist or Savage one. Let's go in order

WC is just irreplaceable coz of his purple skill. The fact he revives, with A LOT of life, means you fight with 6 heroes, not 5. Paired with his bonus life steal, this makes him a beast with no possibility to be changed with anyone else. Another aspect is that he is also viable in late game, when orange, and is kinda easy and cheap to farm. He is THE tank until you reach p3, when panda's high hp, armor and sapper blind support can compete, before that WC is the king. Admiral becomes a reliable choice only when she gets her orange skill, she's kinda good at orange 5/6 but before legendary status imho she is worse than WC orange and IH orange (maybe even worse than panda, idk). So, stop thinking about her, also because you can complete lesbian trial level 6 even without her.

The same goes for the machinist: he is too squishy and to work VERY good he needs to be boosted by FM/Mystic passive skills. At you level, you need WC, you need SL coz of the silence and atk boost, you need commando and a crowd control as OC. The last spot must be taken by an hero who does a good aoe damage and is kinda "neutral", I mean something who doesn't need a buff but, better, who PROVIDES a buff (lunar guardian paired with LS and commando gives a monster atk boost to your team). So, a team better and cheaper than WC, Commando, LS, OC and someone among Succy, WM, LG cannot be found, mainly coz the quality/price ratio is the best on the place. After 73 you can think about using sapper (coz he starts to have dodge in the equip) and Mystic to support him, so something like WC sapper oc commando mystic. After that, let's say from 80+ you should start thinking about a specifically oriented team (physical or magical one) and only from there you can think about machinist and all nice heroes who don't have found a place before. Some people also still use mixed teams after 80 but I don't like them, I prefer having a specific stat or boost to work on. Btw, if you have a specific strategy you can also go for a mixed team.

Quote Originally Posted by Se7en Strife View Post
    FD = 2 (1 clone)
    CW = 4 (3 clone)
    DV = 2 (1 clone)
    WC = 2 (2 lives)
    PHO = 4 (3 lives)

Why fight 5v5 when u can 14 v 5? >:3

On a serious note I think you will have a better idea than me in picking.

But I will go
    FD CW DV VS COM
    This team says: magical team, please, come and eat me!
    DV is much more an attacking stuff, in defenses team she's too easy to counter. Start thinking you will have several heroes to use, so your attacking team will change every time. DV works well against physical teams coz of her insane dodge, but still paired with another off tank (I'd run orange panda), coz FD must stay alive the most he can coz he is the star of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecasualoblivion View Post

WC
    Leaves
    VS
    Commando
    OC
    Mystic
    AS
    SS
    TS
    CW
    DV
    I'd go with WC, CW, FD, LS, VS, in attack you can put in DV if you face a physical team. Start working on VW too, he is just too good to be leaved behind. In chinese version he is a vip only, here we have him free in crusade. Let's take advantage of that.
    [Tao] Zophiel - Team Level: 90 - Guild: Tao (Officer) - Server: 31, Kron

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    Hmmm, that actually is a good idea. If you want some advice feel free to post the whole document here, so we can tell you if your priorities are good and what you can/should focus one.

(I maybe steal your idea here right now)

Edit: here is my table without any priorities: Link
    for the watch!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Nice SS Lui. I assume that you got LG from a chest and if so don't buy Her SS from guild shop. I am kicking myself for redeeming her instead of working on AS crystal. If you don't have a DB in the merc shop then I'd work on him before getting AS starred up as he will make HM easier for you. IMO you should drop admiral for SO as he's far more useful than her at this point. Maybe he doesn't age well but I very much disagree that he's not viable in many setups. Finally, get OC to 4 stars before bothering with Panda. If you hold off on bringing OC up its going to force you to hold off on evolving Mystic due to the intelligence issue and AS. That's another thing I'm kicking myself about because I hardly use panda at this point because I already have IH, WC, SO

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by AyameNoop View Post
    I wrote a thread on how to use a formula to build a team, but even if people read it they are apparently too lazy to think for themselves and want to be spoon fed answers
    That is not fair at all. Your thread is aimed at high-level teams. Most of the questions are from people trying to make it through the early and middle levels.

Your suggestion of a cookie-cutter physical damage team includes Vengeance Spirit, 80-stone price of entry, and extremely rare in its ability to serve middle DPS, AOE, CC and durable roles. You can't replace this toon with one alternative. Any switch is likely to be a step down and might prompt the need to reshuffle much of the rest of the lineup.

Most mid-level players are faced with the problem of what to do with ordinary heroes they've invested in, new 3-star drops they haven't leveled, and the need to be able to handle the fast-rising challenges of progression, temple, crusades, trials and arena. If they are going to focus new resources on any new toons, they want to avoid making huge mistakes. People often end up spreading resources thinly across a growing pool of heroes, while waiting for the really important heroes to drop.

Look at your list of front-line durable heroes. Admiral (not durable for a long, long time), Arcane Sapper (not a tank), Brute (80 stones), Deathknight (80 stones), Drunken Master (how to get?), Fallen Dominion, Mountain, Shallows Keeper (see Admiral), Soulhunter and War Chief (also not highly durable early).

If a Brute or DK would fall in my lap, I'd be thrilled. Admiral's a throwaway tank in early-stage crusades. Shallows Keeper is barely an improvement. War Chief is fine until you run into a high-DPS tank.

My guess is people are all asking the same question. While we're waiting for the really good stuff to drop, what should we be doing? I've read different people tell me I should be top-leveling only five, eight, 10 or 15 heroes (I'm in the upper 40s, team level). Not exactly a consensus. On Friday, a death mage dropped for me. I immediately turned everything I could toward leveling the DM, because my crusades were sucking wind. So now - what about the other middle-level toons I had been using? Mainly Succubus and Emberstar, but I've got a total of 10 in various states of dress/undress.

Isn't that ridiculous? Almost all of my lucky drops have been middle-row heroes. Five front line, 10 middle, five back row. No Deathknight, Drunken Master, Iron Hoof, Fallen Dominion, Soulhunter, Cloud Walker, Vengeance Spirit, Old Curse, Ninja, Leaves Shadow, Necromancer...the heroes highly rated by so many on here + around which much of the discussion revolves.

I'm sure most people who read this board are trying to translate its information around the fact that it's usually talking about relatively overpowered toons that we don't have.